Sign in to follow this  
WBTA

GDI files- Printed?

I'm in the Varsity 4 week program, and I'd like to know if we are going to get any printed files, since the information seems to indicate that they will only be electronic. Will we have to pay to print files, and if so how much?

thanks for any input.

I'm in the Varsity 4 week program, and I'd like to know if we are going to get any printed files, since the information seems to indicate that they will only be electronic. Will we have to pay to print files, and if so how much?

thanks for any input.

Last year you could either buy the entire set printed for 150 or buy individual files. The files ranged from 2-10 dollars depending on size.

Last year you could either buy the entire set printed for 150 or buy individual files. The files ranged from 2-10 dollars depending on size.

Thats expensivee

ha pretty much. the only place with good printers is the library, and that's pretty locked down.

Damn, I was there two years ago, so i can't remember the name of the building, but it was the one we had lab in...

If you go up to the top floor (if I remember correctly there either wasn't elevators or the elevators didn't go high enough) there is a mini-computer lab with printers you can access for free...

One day someone was still logged in on one of the machines so we used that account -- another day we had to set it up on a laptop (Macs and Linux are the easiest). I'm sure Gonzaga would've vastly disagreed with our printing methods, but one of our lab leaders (Wally) said we should...

I'd give that a shot -- unless you're comfortable with reading off a laptop.

A. Don't print any files on GU computers unless you are paying for it at the library. All those printers are needed for current students and faculty taking summer classes. Seriously, don't dry out a printer when a senior may need to be printing their final essays.

B. Obviously, the camp is pushing paperless, but if you still want printed files first, inform your lab leaders then email Brent (you can get that email from your lab leaders as well). Evidence for practice debates is actually being taken care of right now. If you are worried about evidence for the tournament, we are still offering to print it for less than it would cost for you do it. There will be a process explained via email before the tournament.

C. Be smart with what you need printed. Turns out, having all the files printed isn't necessary if you're not going for case, capitalism or politics, they aren't necessary files to have printed. Also, if you like paperless but are worried, having just shells printed at the library works very well.