nathan_debate

Critiques Vs. Disads

>>>Kritiks are attacks on the underlying assumptions of the affirmative plan or case (when run in the 1nc, anyway). The link is therefore very different than the links to most DAs. The link in a DA is about the effects of the plan. The link in a K is about how the arguments presented by the aff expose certain assumptions about how they view the world or approach problems.

This seems like something thats true 80 to 90% of the time, but not universally.

While this might be true....in the case of coersion isn't the link for the critique or the disad exactly the same????? Or for instance you would run the same link argument for your imperialism K (velvet glove K) or your hege bad disad?

The thing that makes a kritik a kritik isn't necessarily the link. There are many, many K's that link to the plan, and just as many that link to other components of the representations of the 1AC. The main difference is the K doesn't have uniqueness but it has an alternative. Kritiks are philosophical and often have impacts like dehum, no vtl, or case impacts are inevitable, not nuclear war. In other words, there's no brink. but K's can link to the plan.

Guest Wii Sports
>>>Kritiks are attacks on the underlying assumptions of the affirmative plan or case (when run in the 1nc, anyway). The link is therefore very different than the links to most DAs. The link in a DA is about the effects of the plan. The link in a K is about how the arguments presented by the aff expose certain assumptions about how they view the world or approach problems.

This seems like something thats true 80 to 90% of the time, but not universally.

While this might be true....in the case of coersion isn't the link for the critique or the disad exactly the same????? Or for instance you would run the same link argument for your imperialism K (velvet glove K) or your hege bad disad?

Please ignore anything and everything brorlob says. brorlob would probably call a coercion K a disad, but then again, brorlob says that the aff should never perm or impact turn kritiks either.

at this point, it's probably better to not argue with him. he's not going to admit that he's wrong, regardless of community concensus telling him otherwise.

Edited by Wii Sports

Please ignore anything and everything brorlob says. brorlob would probably call a coercion K a disad, but then again, brorlob says that the aff should never perm or impact turn kritiks either.

at this point, it's probably better to not argue with him. he's not going to admit that he's wrong, regardless of community concensus telling him otherwise.

And as I mentioned before... its better that you stop talking and read more.

Can mod delete this thread? Its thoroughly useless....

Guest Wii Sports

reputation_neg.gifCritiques Vs. Disads June 25th, 2009 12:44 AMdude, brorlob knows ten times more than you do about k's, shut up - Lenin's Ghost

What is this supposed to mean? He knows more about general philosophy? Maybe, I've never gone for anything other than kappeler or capitalism. I don't claim to be a "k expert", or any type of authority on "the k". But can I tell when somebody is spewing complete and utter non sense? Yeah. Claims like "perms never win on Ks", and "it's impossible to impact turn a K" should be more than enough evidence to convince anybody that brorlob is absolutely clueless.

I'd appreciate it if you would clarify what you meant, or if you would like to defend brorlob's unique views on debate.

reputation_neg.gifCritiques Vs. Disads June 25th, 2009 12:44 AMdude, brorlob knows ten times more than you do about k's, shut up - Lenin's Ghost

What is this supposed to mean? He knows more about general philosophy? Maybe, I've never gone for anything other than kappeler or capitalism. I don't claim to be a "k expert", or any type of authority on "the k". But can I tell when somebody is spewing complete and utter non sense? Yeah. Claims like "perms never win on Ks", and "it's impossible to impact turn a K" should be more than enough evidence to convince anybody that brorlob is absolutely clueless.

yeah, seriously, brolob is a noob. i even hear he's a liberatarian.

Edited by Destroyer1717
  • Upvote 1

I wasn't hating on him...actually Jessica made the same argument in her lecture (and the dude at Kentucky made a similar argument....and then later said you could link to the plan)

I wasn't hating on him...actually Jessica made the same argument in her lecture (and the dude at Kentucky made a similar argument....and then later said you could link to the plan)

Yeah, but the difference is Jessica was also very clear that there are many different views and opinions on what exactly constitutes a K. brorlob has been been a patronizing, exclusive, and idiotic prick. Most "Ks" run (or at least that I've heard/ seen) link to either the plan, an advantage of the plan, or some effect of the plan. That doesn't mean that Ks that link to the "assumptions" we make about policy aren't Ks, but they're not the only type of k.

Creating new cross-x names doesnt mean that we dont know who you are.