highlandmike

R.A. Salvatore, the bane of beloved characters.

Chewbacca, Captain Deudermont, Wulfgar (sort of), which fandom beloved character is next on this diabolical serial killers list!!!??

Chewbacca, Captain Deudermont, Wulfgar (sort of), which fandom beloved character is next on this diabolical serial killers list!!!??

I just picked up a couple of RA Salvatore books at Borders. The man is a fantasy genius.

Also, I can claim to have met him (he lives in the next town over). Does that make me guilty of aiding and abetting?

I just picked up a couple of RA Salvatore books at Borders. The man is a fantasy genius.

Also, I can claim to have met him (he lives in the next town over). Does that make me guilty of aiding and abetting?

he's an amazing writer, and the complexity of his fantasy (especially with his description of drow society) is amazing. I'm just saying he has an unhealthy habit of killing off characters no one wants killed.

This is something I appreciate about his writing. Being a "main character" does not exempt you from death. It adds a bit more depth to his writings than many fantasy novels can handle.

Not even close, see: George RR Martin.

Salvatore's books are fun and well-written, and truthfully he hasn't been anywhere near as mean as he could be.

Not even close, see: George RR Martin.

Salvatore's books are fun and well-written, and truthfully he hasn't been anywhere near as mean as he could be.

Fuck GRRM.

I love Salvatore, but he's just writing Westerns in a fantasy world.

Oh god, I know pretty much everything about the Forgotten Realms.