Sign in to follow this  
Once-Ler

Request: Evidence Tempate for Mac 08

I am looking for an evidence production template compatible with office 08 for mac that also provides two things:

1. keyboard shortcuts for it's macros (underline, highlight, and other formatting)

2. a "remove soft returns" macro which eliminates the pesky thin columns of text that you often copy and paste.

if anyone has something that meets this description, let me know.

thanks.

There are no macros for Word 08 unfortunately, and keyboard shortcuts for formatting don't work, as they change the entire paragraph. The only solution I've heard is applescript, but I don't know how to write in that.

What I've ended up using is just boot camp, putting 20 GB to Windows XP and installing Word over there.

keyboard shortcuts for formatting don't work, as they change the entire paragraph.

When you create the style, make sure it's for characters rather than paragraphs

Mac Office 08 does support macros - just not macros written in visual basic.

I made a Mac Office 08 template using macros written in applescript. It only supports only basic functionality like deleting line breaks, paste special, indexing, and six custom shortcuts for card/header/etc styles

however, if you want a more beefed up template, run windows word 2007 in the mac using parallels

The best solution after trying:

scripting my own in AppleScript - easy language but tedious scripting and I had difficulty finding the available classes and how they change over the course of program use according to user-input (namely, selection of text)

OpenOffice - did not support the VBA-side scripts for remove softies or TOC

NeoOffice - similar story though, were it to support my template, this is by far the smallest, most effecient office suite for the Mac I've used.

some templates for 08 - worked alright but without VBA scripting, it was difficult

So, after all this, I just tried going to an older version of Word (04). Templates work flawlessly, it seems to load and quit faster than Word 08, AND navigation of 04 is more intuitive than '08 (at least, for me as a recent Windows-transplant).

Just thought I might document my solutions in case others confront this problem.