mstruth

Virginia Debate

Does anyone know of all the policy debate leagues/hosts in Virginia? I'm aware of:

VSHL (3 tournaments)

WACFL (5 t + 1 qualifier) [Washington-Arlington, Northern Virginia / Maryland]

Richmond CFL (5 +1)

Tidewater Debate League (5)

NFL (1 q)

Invitationals (GMU, JMU, Broad Run) (Is Pot Falls still around? SBHS?)

I know I asked in another thread, but I'd figured more people would see here. I'm curious partly because I'll be in the Lynchburg area for awhile and want to see how I can help out with HS debate while there.

I know Blacksburg had (has?) a strong team, is there not a regional debate circuit down there?

Kaitlyn, you said you were helping with teams in Harrisonburg- where do they normally compete during the year?

Edited by mstruth

Just a correction - Tidewater is not part of the CFL..That's the TDL (Tidewater Debate League.)

Broad Run will run its tournament on 10/24 this year. Potomac Falls no longer exists. There will be a Novice Tournament at King George High School on the last Saturday of September, and another Novice/JV Tournament at Chantilly High School in November (I forget the date) - both are invitationals. There is still the Georgetown Day School tournament in late September/early October, of course.

I'm interested in judging in Virginia as well. I'll be in the Salem/Roanoke area, so if any school needs judges or can tell me about the area, I would greatly appreciate it. I know I posted in another thread, but I just thought I would ask again.

I just received confirmation that King George High School, on the Northern Neck, will be offering a tournament on September 26th. It will offer four rounds of competition in Novice and Open LD, Policy, Public Forum, Congress, and Speech Events (DI, HI, OI, Duo, Ex, OO)

Fees:

School Registration: $10.00

Fees are:

$10.00 per competitor in Debate – i.e. $20.00 per CX team or PF team – and

$10.00 non-debate events – i.e. $10.00 per Duo team – and

$10.00 per competitor in Student Congress-and

$10.00 per entry for Observers and workshops-.

Just to clarify, everything I know I edited my first post to include. Good luck with the info centralization =)

• Downvote 1