Humorous and dramatic.

So...I just printed and slaved over the best prose of ALL time...to see that, there ISN'T ORAL INTERP?!?!?!??!!!!

Alright. I'll go cry now.

Some tournaments include prose, including the state tournament. However, the rules are generally inconstant.

In Louisiana, the oral interp has alternating rounds which include prose and poetry. Do they do that at State?

I got my oral interp. on with your mother.

Ah, dang, I was going to go for that interp too.

Ah, dang, I was going to go for that interp too.

maybe we could share? If Sesame Street taught me how to count correctly, there is at least 3 holes.

maybe we could share? If Sesame Street taught me how to count correctly, there is at least 3 holes.

Hey, if Bell v. Wolfish on Civil Liberties taught me anything, there are at least 7 body cavities...

Hey, if Bell v. Wolfish on Civil Liberties taught me anything, there are at least 7 body cavities...

head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes.

eyes and ears and mouth and nose...

At most tournaments, prose and poetry are separate events. Each has a time limit of 8 min. Occasionally, tournaments will either combine them into an alternating round format, or combine them into a single event allowing either to be performed in the same round. At state, they are each separate events.

- DM

• Downvote 2

At most tournaments, prose and poetry are separate events. Each has a time limit of 8 min. Occasionally, tournaments will either combine them into an alternating round format, or combine them into a single event allowing either to be performed in the same round. At state, they are each separate events.

- DM

Do each prose and poetry get 8 minutes? Or do you have to read both of them within 8 minutes of the alternating ones?

Exactly my point. People on here are rude for no reason.

Nah, there's just a low tolerance for bullshit.

There's minimal doubt in my mind that any number of Missouri debaters, present or future, would trounce you in a round, and I'd be happy to sign the ballot when they do it.

Cognitive dissonance like, whoa!