JaredFanning

NFL Nationals!

So... Lurie had no downs going into today. Conflicting reports indicate he's either the only no-downs LDer or one of two.

Either way, Mr. Panopolous says he's guaranteed top 6 and probably better. That's awesome.

Also, since this appears relevant: E-FORCE/DELO/FISHER WFI '05 REPRESENT!

Lurie lost in semi-finals to trinity prep on a 4-1

the Creek Team drops round 9 to St. Georges FL so they are out

I feel stalked. But indeed, we did lose on a 2-1 to go down and out.

Congrats to CheyEast and Sam & Miles. I'm not surprised we saw so many mountain region teams break; I'm actually surprised we didn't see more break (East ZW, Creek Pandy).

Mad props to Patrick and Andy for debating--LIKE A BOSS--in the most absurd draw ever--4 of the prelims teams they hit broke, and they also hit GBN, who didn't break.

Also, huge congrats to Dani Camous from St. Mary's for getting the NFL Student of the Year Award after the interview process. Basically, the NFL considers the 2500 students at Nationals and gives the award to the nicest person. Needless to say, they chose correctly.

And finally, no one can congratulate Stephen enough on taking 4th in the nation. He was the last undefeated remaining, and he was one squirrely judge from beating the eventual national champion in the round before semis.

• Downvote 1

You weren't stalked he has friends on the St. Georges team. I would like to say great job to Creek. Great showing. Also it was nice to see everyone at nats.

I would like to thank my partner Ben for making this such a great senior year and allowing us to go out with our guns blazing.

Also thank you Sandy And Crowe. This has been such a learning experience and i will never forget it. Also thanks for pushing us and providing such great support.

• Downvote 1

I'd like to echo the sentiments in Andrew's post - the tournament was a blast and there were many deserving instances of Colorado/Mountain Region success.

As a final note, I'd like to extend further congratulations to Sam and Miles for picking up eleven prelims ballots!

• Downvote 1

You weren't stalked he has friends on the St. Georges team. I would like to say great job to Creek. Great showing. Also it was nice to see everyone at nats.

I would like to thank my partner Ben for making this such a great senior year and allowing us to go out with our guns blazing.

Also thank you Sandy And Crowe. This has been such a learning experience and i will never forget it. Also thanks for pushing us and providing such great support.

Congrats, keeds!

Congrats to everyone in the region who broke, especially Steve's impressive elim round performance! Also, thanks everyone that was there for a great trip and tournament. I was reminded once more how much I value the people that do debate, and how you all have made my high school debate career a blast.

Cheyenne East Drops Rd 9 to a cali team

the Creek Team drops round 9 to St. Georges FL so they are out

The Cali team turned out to be James Logan and they took second overall and lost the final round to Damien on an 8-3 decision.