Sign in to follow this  
repsfirst

Poverty Impacts

So I want to get some ideas for Poverty Impacts so

Aff solves poverty I need internal links from poverty to impacts

I know structural violence is a big one but I think I would need some better ideas or some creative ones

So I want to get some ideas for Poverty Impacts so

Aff solves poverty I need internal links from poverty to impacts

I know structural violence is a big one but I think I would need some better ideas or some creative ones

Affirmatives that have generic poverty impacts will be very beatable and pretty silly; you should first look for the affirmative you want to run and you'll find the impacts embedded. Stuff like malnutrition, crime rate, etc are examples of the systemic harms you'd want to be solving for.

povert > terrorism > extinction

prove it, faggot

Are you talking about poverty leads to terrorism or terrorism leads to ext?

prove a causal relationship between u.s. poverty, .

show me a rich guy who will strap a bomb to his chest.

US plan is k2 the plan being adopted thus solvng terrorism........... So it doesnt have to be directly US poverty but there are lenty of authors that diagree with this assuumption

k, i will go kill my self now..............brb

• Downvote 1

But the cards to that would have to be good, then the gilligan and the terrorism with poverty would be legit

US plan is k2 the plan being adopted thus solvng terrorism........... So it doesnt have to be directly US poverty but there are lenty of authors that diagree with this assuumption

There is no credible author on the planet who will argue other countries, especially in the middle east an africa, will adopt US policies regarding poverty, hence lowering the incentive for terrorism.

There is no credible author claiming that US action on social services will be modeled by countries like China, india, Middle Eastern ones, etc. Especially when those countries aren't democracies (the exception of India).

There is no credible author on the planet who will argue other countries' date=' especially in the middle east an africa, will adopt US policies regarding poverty, hence lowering the incentive for terrorism.[/quote']

Not to mention I think the evidence involving the Aff's social service of choice is going to be specific enough to say that other countries can't/won't model.

I mean, if they claim modeling AND poverty, go for it, I guess.

Poverty outweighs nuclear war- it is the cause of all violence

James Gilligan, professor of Psychiatry at the Harvard Medical School, Director of the Center for the Study of Violence, and a member of the Academic Advisory Council of the National Campaign Against Youth Violence, ‘96, Violence: Our Deadly Epidemic and its Causes, p. 196 [Tandet]

The finding that structural violence causes far more deaths than behavioral violence does is not limited to this country. Kohler and Alcock attempted to arrive at the number of excess deaths caused by socioeconomic inequities on a worldwide basis. Sweden was their model of the nation that had come closes to eliminating structural violence. It had the least inequity in income and living standards, and the lowest discrepancies in death rates and life expectancy; and the highest overall life expectancy in the world. When they compared the life expectancies of those living in the other socioeconomic systems against Sweden, they found that 18 million deaths a year could be attributed to the “structural violence” to which the citizens of all the other nations were being subjected. During the past decade, the discrepancies between the rich and poor nations have increased dramatically and alarmingly. The 14 to 18 million deaths a year caused by structural violence compare with about 100,000 deaths per year from armed conflict. Comparing this frequency of deaths from structural violence to the frequency of those caused by major military and political violence, such as World War II (an estimated 49 million military and civilian deaths, including those by genocide—or about eight million per year, 1939-1945), the Indonesian massacre of 1965-66 (perhaps 575,000) deaths), the Vietnam war (possibly two million, 1954-1973), and even a hypothetical nuclear exchange between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. (232 million), it was clear that even war cannot begin to compare with structural violence, which continues year after year. In other words, every fifteen years, on the average, as many people die because of relative poverty as would be killed by the Nazi genocide of the Jews over a six-year period. This is, in effect, the equivalent of an ongoing, unending, in fact accelerating, thermonuclear war, or genocide, perpetrated on the weak and poor every year of every decade, throughout the world. Structural violence is also the main cause of behavioral violence on a socially and epidemiologically significant scale (from homicide and suicide to war and genocide). The question as to which of the two forms of violence—structural or behavioral—is more important, dangerous, or lethal is moot, for they are inextricably related to each other, as cause to effect

Poverty outweighs nuclear war- it is the cause of all violence

I guess you missed the part of the conversation that was about Gilligan being in context of global poverty/systemic harms. Probably the most generic card out there. . .

If you still need it Giligan in '96

The magnitude of the violence caused by poverty is the most horrendous form of violence

Gilligan 96, James Psychiatrist http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?t=989636&highlight=economic+collapse Former Director of Psychiatry at Massachusetts State Prison, worked in the criminal justice system for many years. M.D Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School

The deadliest form of violence is poverty. Any approach to a theory of violence needs to begin with a look at the structural violence. The lethal effects of structural violence operate continuously whereas wars, and other forms of behavior violence occur one at a time. The 14 to 19 million deaths a year caused by structural violence compare with about 100,000 deaths per year from armed conflict. and even a hypothetical nuclear exchange war cannot begin to compare with structural violence, which continues year after year. Every fifteen years as many people die because of relative poverty as would be killed by the Nazi genocide of the Jews over a six-year period. This is, the equivalent of an ongoing, unending, and accelerating, thermonuclear war, or genocide, perpetrated on the weak and poor every year of every decade, throughout the world. Structural violence is also the main cause of behavioral violence on a socially and epidemiologicaly significant scale.

me and my partner used a totally bullshit adv with this, but it seemed to catch teams of guard we pretty much said poverty allowed Hitler to rise to power, the rest should be self explanatory.

I guess you missed the part of the conversation that was about Gilligan being in context of global poverty/systemic harms. Probably the most generic card out there. . .

no i realize its generic,repsfirst asked for it though

Sign in to follow this