rastner11

Whats the best way to figure out how you want to file everything

ive all these files and cards and no idea how i want to put it all together

Expandos or tubs

Or just bring a laptop and a printer.

Some people use binders but I don't recommend it.

/Thread

so how might one organize DAs? does 1 DA get an entire expando? what about CPs?

or do you just assign like 3/4 sections of an expando to a DA?

know that i mean like ive got like all these generic files or backfiles how do i organize files that dont realy have a section and whats the best way to do it

know that i mean like ive got like all these generic files or backfiles how do i organize files that dont realy have a section and whats the best way to do it

Backfiles -> Laptops

Camp files -> Laptops

Homecut / School -> Tubs and Expandos

My novice year, I only used two tubs - no expandos - and it worked pretty well.

Here's the system I used: Neg: DAs/CPs/Kritiks/Impact attacks/Solvency attacks/Inherency/Topicality/Framework/Misc. cards (case-specific attacks, team-specific attacks, and that one Wind Turbines Are Killer Robots DA)

Aff: Case/Case-specific answers to DAs/CPs/Ks/etc./Non-case-specific answers to attacks/Counter-kritiks/Framework

Edited by LSK

so how might one organize DAs? does 1 DA get an entire expando? what about CPs?

or do you just assign like 3/4 sections of an expando to a DA?

What I do when I organize DA's is that I tape or paste the index on the front of the expando. In the first section (appropriately named A or 1) I put the 1NC shell. In the second section, I usually put blocks or impact walls.

For Politics DA's, I don't put them in expandos. Just put them in a manila folder with the index taped onto the cover with the shell immediately inside. Right after the shell, I'll have stuff I'll read in the block.

Bump-ish post since this died off.

How does everyone here actually organize files? I get like tubs, expando's, folder etc. but for say, expandos, with a kritik or something how do you divide it up? What level of division between pockets overall?

What I do when I organize DA's is that I tape or paste the index on the front of the expando. In the first section (appropriately named A or 1) I put the 1NC shell. In the second section, I usually put blocks or impact walls.

For Politics DA's, I don't put them in expandos. Just put them in a manila folder with the index taped onto the cover with the shell immediately inside. Right after the shell, I'll have stuff I'll read in the block.

Holy crap, how many expandos do you have?

ideally one thing per slot in an expando (1nc shell in one, 2nc stuff in one, A/2 pages goes in to one slot each, etc) put complete files (with table of contents) in manilas (usually these are less important files)