BHS_debater

Novice case area

novice case lists are specific to each state, so you really want to know when novice case areas for poverty will be released in Idaho.

novice case lists are specific to each state, so you really want to know when novice case areas for poverty will be released in Idaho.

haha knowing idaho debate, we will get them a day or so before the first tourney :P How come i dont know who you are Mike?

haha usually i just say red hair and people know. I dont know how else to describe so you would know. We ran wind all year haha. Well i take that back, we ran feed-in tarriff for a little bit. Oh maybe you'll know this, we hit your Morrison/Osberg team 6th round at nat quals.

I didn't make it past the first day of policy.

geez way to go man. jk. had our first loss the last round first night to kaizer and matt from hillcrest, then had a 4th round bye, 5th round the kid that looks like jesus and the oompa loompa kid (too easy), and then 6th was your team who the only reason we lost is cuz i didnt explain our plan well enough, they had to winning args we just didnt explain well enough or we'd prolly have their spot to nats

jesus kid and ommpa loompa are from poky high school. Actually we lost to them third round, we were WAY off our game...

oh jeez...were you aff or neg? we hit them our first varsity tourney at madison on neg and killed them, so when we saw them walk in 5th round and we knew we were on neg, it was like "wow, time to get the on-case out." haha we did the same exact thing we did the first time and they still couldnt argue it back. we ran straight on-case =) we're known for doing that haha.

what aff did you run? Haha they are terrible speakers. the jesus kid sat there for like thirty seconds silent and then said thank you and sat down after a three minute rebuttal. Bastard made me lose solitare =D

fusion aff. adv: meltdowns, prolif, space colonization, heg.

and everyone knows the legit debaters play pokemon after the 1AR.

damn....i'm glad we didnt hit you haha. i wanted to run that though. we ran wind with adv of economy, public support, and cost effective =) pretty badass huh? And i have a laptop thats 12 years old with no disk drive, no usb, no anything so i can only play cards haha. i'll be playing command and conqure this year though =)

the novice case lists come about during a meeting the IHSAA has at the beginning of the school year, and usually one coach will write up a list and then other coaches will suggest revisions and what not.

We won't hear anything all summer, they like to wait for camps to finish.

• Downvote 1

geez way to go man. jk. had our first loss the last round first night to kaizer and matt from hillcrest, then had a 4th round bye, 5th round the kid that looks like jesus and the oompa loompa kid (too easy), and then 6th was your team who the only reason we lost is cuz i didnt explain our plan well enough, they had to winning args we just didnt explain well enough or we'd prolly have their spot to nats

but you didnt... i love it when people justify rounds like this.

but you didnt... i love it when people justify rounds like this.

Dude seriously? what did i do to you? Did i justify anything or make any excuses? No. I said we lost because we didnt explain our case well enough and i know thats why because i talked to one of the judges at districts when he judged us again and he said he asked the other judges if they got it and they said no if they would have explained it better they would have won cuz they won on everything else. I'm not making up excuses, we didnt do as good as we could have, and thats why we didnt go to nats.

sorry for the intrusion, but this case list thing intrigues me. In utah we don't have any kind of restrictions on what you can run, is it just a list of aff's your allowed to run or something? sounds suckish to me, but thats probably an ignorant opinion

The case list is just for the novices. It's a list of 5-6 specific plan texts that have to be used instead of just plan areas. It's kind of nice when you initially work with the novices to try to get them prepared for their first tournament, but then it just gets boring as hell. The novices can't run K's or CP's either.

It is suckish, but that's Idaho debate.

Dude seriously? what did i do to you? Did i justify anything or make any excuses? No. I said we lost because we didnt explain our case well enough and i know thats why because i talked to one of the judges at districts when he judged us again and he said he asked the other judges if they got it and they said no if they would have explained it better they would have won cuz they won on everything else. I'm not making up excuses, we didnt do as good as we could have, and thats why we didnt go to nats.

easy bro. im just giving you shit. :)

easy bro. im just giving you shit. :)

Well make it more obvious next time haha. If i woulda known that i wouldnt have went on that whole long rant.

sorry for the intrusion, but this case list thing intrigues me. In utah we don't have any kind of restrictions on what you can run, is it just a list of aff's your allowed to run or something? sounds suckish to me, but thats probably an ignorant opinion

as stated above, it is only for the novices. It's nice in the way that novices aren't overwhelmed their first tournament by other novice team who would run K/CP given to them by varistiy. For this reason, most novice teams who excel will move on to JV or Open after one or two tournaments.