Sign in to follow this  
KennyPowers

University of Texas Summer UIL Prep Workshop

Hey Guys,

I know it is kind of late, but I wanted to let everyone know that the University of Texas at Austin is offering 2 different 1 week UIL prep workshops for the upcoming topic. The camp is part of the UTNIF, but will be specially designed to cater to students that want to be prepared to debate on the UIL circuit. There will be very little time spent card cutting and instead students will be handed lots of evidence at the beginning of the week and jump write into debating. This camp will be great for students who debate primarily on the UIL circuit, but will also cater to students who debate on the TFA and TOC circuit, but who also want to compete at UIL. The camp is also on the UT campus, which is located in beautiful Austin TX. If you're looking for a jumpstart on the season for a very low price check us out.

Click Here For Details

http://studentorgs.utexas.edu/debate/UTNIF/UIL.html

Thanks,

Kenny

Kenny is an excellent debater and one of the nicest people ever. You should go to this workshop and take advantage of every minute, even you kids who aren't THAT into UIL but still have to go for school purposes or whatever. You may not like the style of UIL that much, but moderate success at UIL state can mean GREAT SUCCESS in terms of scholarships and increased funding/awareness for your debate team.

And it is a different ballgame in a lot of ways, so getting specific instruction about UIL could go a long way.

For example:

If you have 3 Disads and a team only answers one, you may think it's a no-brainer to kick the one they answered and go for one of the other ones! This mistake cost me the quarterfinal round of UIL state one year--for some judges, you HAVE TO go for everything. Little things like this that you need to learn about UIL will go a long way. And Kenny is an expert in this field--make sure you check out his bio listed on the link he provided.

Peace

dan

Edit: Go to UNT camp first though

Edited by Rowedan
shameless plug

Kenny is an excellent debater and one of the nicest people ever. You should go to this workshop and take advantage of every minute, even you kids who aren't THAT into UIL but still have to go for school purposes or whatever. You may not like the style of UIL that much, but moderate success at UIL state can mean GREAT SUCCESS in terms of scholarships and increased funding/awareness for your debate team.

And it is a different ballgame in a lot of ways, so getting specific instruction about UIL could go a long way.

For example:

If you have 3 Disads and a team only answers one, you may think it's a no-brainer to kick the one they answered and go for one of the other ones! This mistake cost me the quarterfinal round of UIL state one year--for some judges, you HAVE TO go for everything. Little things like this that you need to learn about UIL will go a long way. And Kenny is an expert in this field--make sure you check out his bio listed on the link he provided.

Peace

dan

Edit: Go to UNT camp first though

Seconded.

Except the edit, who the hell in their right mind would go to UNT?

EDIT: Go to UNT, or I'll get kicked off the team.

Kenny Cauthen coached me and my partner John all year, and we had more success than we've ever had, going for arguments he prepped us on. Whatever you want to do, you can run it by Kenny and he'll point out the hitches you'll run into. That in itself isn't special, but the difference with Kenny is he's almost always right- John and I lost at least one of our rounds at the TOC because we were too busy meatspinning each other to listen to his advice. The fact is, Kenny's qualifications are great, no one can avoid reccomending him, and you get a cheap crash through the topic in awesome downtown Austin. Seems like a pretty easy decision.

John and I lost at least one of our rounds at the TOC because we were too busy meatspinning each other to listen to his advice \.

Mark of true champions here...

does anyone else wonder how these fools won TFA state?

• Downvote 2