lightdruid111

What do you like in judges?

We have a lot of threads complaining about judges and what they do to that makes certain rounds discouraging. what about some stories about judges that have helped you out in rfd's whether or not you lost or won?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

taking the op's question seriously, i prefer judges that either

(a) give clear paradigms with which they stick too.

(B) are policy/tabs judges that don't intervene in aguments, and vote for the better debater rather than with which argument they personaly agree with.

that said, ive seen some pretty hot male judges in my time......

I prefer a judge with a pretty strict interpretation of the constitution. Activist judges try to become some kind of super legislatures, which should not be the role of the court.

Edited by Lynn C. Thompson
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I prefer a judge with a pretty strict interpretation of the constitution. Activist judges try to become some kind of super legislatures, which should not be the role of the court.

Really? im all for the constitution in real-life, but in a debate round???

my interp is not that a judge votes on the legality of a plan, but rather which team did the better debating.

ie. if something is unconstitutional, but still good, and the team proves its good/best option in the round, i think it should be voted for.

• Downvote 4

my interp is not that a judge votes on the legality of a plan, but rather which team did the better debating.

ie. if something is unconstitutional, but still good, and the team proves its good/best option in the round, i think it should be voted for.

Seriously?

Silly cross-x poster. He was making a [rather funny] joke by spinning the question in the op in a humorous way.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lynn C. Thompson again.

same