Sign in to follow this  
Roflwaffle

Heidegger and Perm question

Not to mention there are probably a lot of judges that would dock you a full speaker point if the first 7 arguments you make on a k is 7 permutations for the sole purpose of time skew. (which is also extremely transparent to the other team)

I pretty much agree with I<3topicality - reading a lot of perms can't really help you that much, probably won't hurt you too much, but will probably hurt your credibility.

On a seperate note - what's the difference between a "good time trade off" and a "time skew"?

Or is that precisely why time skews have never been very good arguments?

• Upvote 1

Heidegger says we shouldn't rush to act with a predetermined solution in mind - which is your "timeframe perm" or whatever you want to call it. Rejecting all other instances trivializes your plan and is a greater forgetfullness of being' date='[/quote']

this is a really insightful reason why the perm links/doesnt overcome the link. spending 4 seconds grouping perms and saying that isnt going to win you a round.

which links more.p 3 is the same as 1' date=' lol. How do you even do the alternative then the plan? Voting negative and then voting aff in the next round lolol?? Doing parts of the alt that aren't competitive..well I'd hope the negative runs a K with a link. Do the alt is complete severance. 7 is the same as 2[/quote']

7 isnt the same as 2 - 2 rejects the instances of technological thought in the plan - 7 rejects all instances of technological thought except the plan. And obviosuly you'll alter the perm texts in round, I was giving 7 perms, you would obviosuly say "except parts that vote neg"

the perms may be stupid, but you're not going to lose cred for making them, most the time when you debate someone there going to spend more time on perms even if there dumb. grouping them like you said above and giving a terrible explanation like you did will lose you a round. Imnot contesting whether the perm can solve heidegger, it probably doesnt, but with some other k like cap, it those perms are pretty good.

EDIT: Plus those wouldnt be the perm texts, sorry I didnt spend time typing out the entire text of the perm.

Edited by plzzz

this is a really insightful reason why the perm links/doesnt overcome the link. spending 4 seconds grouping perms and saying that isnt going to win you a round.

7 isnt the same as 2 - 2 rejects the instances of technological thought in the plan - 7 rejects all instances of technological thought except the plan. And obviosuly you'll alter the perm texts in round, I was giving 7 perms, you would obviosuly say "except parts that vote neg"

the perms may be stupid, but you're not going to lose cred for making them, most the time when you debate someone there going to spend more time on perms even if there dumb. grouping them like you said above and giving a terrible explanation like you did will lose you a round. Imnot contesting whether the perm can solve heidegger, it probably doesnt, but with some other k like cap, it those perms are pretty good.

EDIT: Plus those wouldnt be the perm texts, sorry I didnt spend time typing out the entire text of the perm.

ok bro, try those tactics out, hope to see you in elims of the TOC with them =)

FYI, making those types of args sounds really stupid and they really dont mean anything.

ok bro' date=' try those tactics out, hope to see you in elims of the TOC with them =)

FYI, making those types of args sounds really stupid and they really dont mean anything.[/quote']

lol ok bro, I didnt see you in the elims of toc with your tactics =)

EDIT: Teams like kansas BJ must be pretty stupid for using those tactics?

Edited by plzzz

no it doesn't count - one ballot to many.

Oh right, because you definitely picked up that ballot at the TOC.

Try not talking crap about people you can't measure up against.

lol ok bro, I didnt see you in the elims of toc with your tactics =)

EDIT: Teams like kansas BJ must be pretty stupid for using those tactics?

I dont know who the fuck you are but I'm pretty tired of trying to convince someone like you that ranting out "perm do the alt, perm do the alt minus plan, perm do plan then the alt, perm do alt then the plan" is a poor idea that will get you laughed at.

Nor am I here to prove my worth. So make fun of me for going 4-3 and being a sliver from breaking - I dont really care what some moron on the internet thinks about me. My purpose of posting was to answer a beginner's question in a way that I feel is right; so if you think making 10 perms in 5 seconds is a good idea, that person can choose. All I was saying is that its a. stupid and wont get you anywhere because you lose credibility, and b. those perms are stupid

I dare you to find me somewhere in one of the many online videos of Kansas BJ where they made those EXACT perms you're referencing.

I dare you to find me somewhere in one of the many online videos of Kansas BJ where they made those EXACT perms you're referencing.

I dont really give a shit about your post or who you are. but since you "dared" me heres a video http://debatevideoupload.blogspot.com/2007/03/semiskansasbjvoklahomacj2acmp4.html

EDIT: get your head out your ass. saying, "good luck gettin to the elims of the TOC making lots of perms on k's" is retarded. saying, "you'll get laughed at" isn't true, you only say it to try to undermine my argument. you wont lose cred for making 7 perms, so stfu with your arrogant and cocky posts.

Edited by plzzz

I dont really give a shit about your post or who you are. but since you "dared" me heres a video http://debatevideoupload.blogspot.com/2007/03/semiskansasbjvoklahomacj2acmp4.html

EDIT: get your head out your ass. saying, "good luck gettin to the elims of the TOC making lots of perms on k's" is retarded. saying, "you'll get laughed at" isn't true, you only say it to try to undermine my argument. you wont lose cred for making 7 perms, so stfu with your arrogant and cocky posts.

I dont know how I could be construed as cocky - I didn't claim to be the best debater that ever lived. I'm sorry that you came here looking to start some internet fight. If you think this is a great strat, I'm not telling YOU not to use it; I hope you're not the laughing stock at round robins though :)

Oh and thats funny, I watched the video and it doesn't have a breadth close to the permutations you were describing, and being said in '5 seconds' for a 'time tradeoff.' And who said Kansas speaks complete truth? Even if a good debater made those arguments it doesnt mean that they are good to make, theres a ton of bad habits good debaters have. Its just stupid to copy everything good debaters do and it proves you have no critical thinking skills ;s

Obviously this discussion is deteriorating though, so unless there are any more questions, your arguing with me is going to accomplish very little.

Even if a good debater made those arguments it doesnt mean that they are good to make' date=' theres a ton of bad habits good debaters have. Its just stupid to copy everything good debaters do and it proves you have no critical thinking skills ;s[/quote']

my point is its not a laughing matter and isn't as dumb as you make it to be.

my point is its not a laughing matter and isn't as dumb as you make it to be.

The final point is that it's still better to maybe read 1 or 2 strong perms with solvency that will grant you REAL offense to win a round rather than gaining no offense from 5 second ones, regardless of the time tradeoff.

to shae - no I got it, thanks.

At least something productive resulted from this thread.