Sign in to follow this  
Zachary

Breaking down Cap

Does anyone have a card that says that empowering those in poverty through government actions is key to breaking down capitalism/social services collapse capitalism?

Thanks

Zach

If anything, "empowering" people in poverty would further entrench capitalism into society.

It'd be cool if someone posted the evidence, though.

What I was thinking was that if you empower those in poverty with non-capitalist things, such as social services, then they'll be wanting to start a revolution against the government because they realize how much they have been exploited by capitalism.

The second card is probably more realistic, though....haha.

Zach, two things.

Firstly, since we are both looking for the same card, we could pull a Justin Skarb. http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1716940#post1716940

Secondly, you say you want revolution?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3bfabfe1121faf924c17ca8801618ef7dd6cccf2b83a100d5621d66e282a0ee8

Anarchy/Statism K + CP.

• Upvote 1

Zach, two things.

Firstly, since we are both looking for the same card, we could pull a Justin Skarb. http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1716940#post1716940

[/Quote]

Hahahaha....win....!

Secondly, you say you want revolution?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3bfabfe1121faf924c17ca8801618ef7dd6cccf2b83a100d5621d66e282a0ee8

Anarchy/Statism K + CP.

Thanks for that! I need to read up on the literature for that.

Edited by Zachary
  • Downvote 1

Pretty much if you work within the system u are further entrenching it. Almost every cap k 1nc has that turn.

But wouldn't it be different if you pass the plan that goes against the current system? I.E. if a nice guy says something racist, that doesn't mean that he is still supporting being a nice guy. If that makes sense. In other words, just because the federal government is trying to pass the plan (under capitalism), the plan would hurt capitalism - even though it is working within the system.

On a separate note, are you guys better than Aaroh and Ashwin? Me and my partner debated them at the beginning of the year, and I was just curious.

But wouldn't it be different if you pass the plan that goes against the current system? I.E. if a nice guy says something racist, that doesn't mean that he is still supporting being a nice guy. If that makes sense. In other words, just because the federal government is trying to pass the plan (under capitalism), the plan would hurt capitalism - even though it is working within the system.

Ah and that is where the no link comes in. How is it that a social service which is inherently anti capitalistic still links into cap? thats a good argument to make. I couldnt agree more with you that this card would be great to have and if u find it i would love a copy but for the most part all the cap literature i have read says the opposite

Ah and that is where the no link comes in. How is it that a social service which is inherently anti capitalistic still links into cap?

[/Quote]

That's the link argument I'm trying to make. Social services, which are anti-capitalistic, break down capitalism. So by increasing social services, you are destroying capitalism.

thats a good argument to make. I couldnt agree more with you that this card would be great to have and if u find it i would love a copy but for the most part all the cap literature i have read says the opposite

Yup :( Hopefully I can find something.

That's the link argument I'm trying to make. Social services, which are anti-capitalistic, break down capitalism. So by increasing social services, you are destroying capitalism. .

Ok if your trying to make the link argument you dont really need a card. Here is a thing about that no link. it takes no time to make in the 2AC all you need to say is

PLAN IS A SOCIAL SERVICE, AND SOCIAL SERVICES ARE INHERENTLY ANTI-CAPITALISTIC- NO LINK

That is gonna take a lot of time for the Block to answer and most likely they will mishandle it

Ask them questions be like. What assumption are u kritiking, what is capitalism- Well isnt a social service againsst this assumption, where is your evidence saying we make that assumption(they wont have any) For example the best cap k link w climate change was hariss-white, 2006 but it really didnt say that climate change policies make a capitalistic assumption and at the point regulations such as climate change policies are against cap there is no link

Its worth a shot

• Upvote 1

Ahhh....I see. Alright...thanks for your help!!!

No problem man!

Ill look for the card though because if there is a card that would make the no link insane.

Also i would reccomend reading cards that say the only way to deconstruct cap is from within the system

that supercharges the no link

this thread needs a less simplistic understanding of the K that isn't brought on by assuming the "Cap K." First of all, the very first link argument that will be run this year is that social services serve as a mask for economic exploitation, etc. (there are many ways of saying this). These arguments are very plentiful.

• Downvote 1

this thread needs a less simplistic understanding of the K that isn't brought on by assuming the "Cap K." First of all, the very first link argument that will be run this year is that social services serve as a mask for economic exploitation, etc. (there are many ways of saying this). These arguments are very plentiful.

Considering i read the cap k i would agree with you- the link you read is from zizeks new book violence and it talks about how big philanthropist projects to fight poverty mask dont solve and mask the underlying cause- capitalism itself. That however doesnt mean the no link isnt a strategic argument. You still say really and dont we challenge ur link in the plan by

No linking a k is one of the best things you can do

*shakes head*

if you really want to be sweet you'd read an aff that was just cap good for 8 minutes and laugh when someone tried to say cap bad - but in response, I'd just say no, cap will either co-op your movement at best and no link

Edited by bob hope

in the 2AC all you need to say is

PLAN IS A SOCIAL SERVICE, AND SOCIAL SERVICES ARE INHERENTLY ANTI-CAPITALISTIC- NO LINK

That is gonna take a lot of time for the Block to answer and most likely they will mishandle it

Oh TheSteveWoodExperience, you just gave me a case of the lols

Winning a cap link on this topic is going to be easy enough to be boring: all or most of social services are premised on inclusion and equality of the oppressed within a part of the market system be it via job opportunities, suburban housing or access to the health care industry. This kind of market integration is directly antithetical to a revolutionary ethic because it at once purports to remove the necessity of revolution and aligns the proletariat with status quo economic interests.

Oh, yeah, and cap is the root cause.

• Upvote 1

Considering i read the cap k i would agree with you- the link you read is from zizeks new book violence and it talks about how big philanthropist projects to fight poverty mask dont solve and mask the underlying cause- capitalism itself. That however doesnt mean the no link isnt a strategic argument. You still say really and dont we challenge ur link in the plan by

No linking a k is one of the best things you can do

This isn't the only place this argument is made. This is the problem with assuming the "cap k" is one argument. It is very easy to make link arguments when one is running a Zizekian anti-capitalism argument. Your no link argument is far too simplistic, there is no risk that the other team would mishandle that. The whole focus of the cap K this year is against that sort of link turn argument. I'm not dismissing that category of argument. I'm saying this formulation of it isn't the killer arg you think it is.

By the way: Neg repper should grow a pair and sign it, especially since it really is just advice.