Sign in to follow this  
SPREZZIDENT

the white sox suck thread

why the hell would anyone get aggravated when the other team hits carlos quentin with pitches WHEN HIS GET ON BASE STRATEGY INVOLVES A BATTING STANCE EXTENDING INTO HIS STRIKE ZONE? this motherfucker WANTS to get hit by pitches. why would bobby jenks have to throw at ian kinsler? ian kinsler's better than any single player on the fucking white sox. that's fucking bush league. don't even say "oh millwood hit more people than just quentin"--he hit CHRIS GETZ whose impact on the big leagues is about that of me and elegant universe combined.

stupid stupid stupid

• Downvote 1

As a die hard Sox fan, this thread makes me feel bad not because it's Sox bashing, but because the Sox are sucking so far, and their performance is nearly indefensible. Bad pitching, terrible team hitting, especially with RISP, and only two guys hitting above .300. :sob:

But then again, it's a backwards year for the AL, with the Royals and Blue Jays doing as well as they are. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up through the season, as I deal with another post-World Series season of mediocrity for the White Sox.

god I hate the Whitesox. Hell, their manager loves our team more than his

Yup, because your team actually knows how to play small ball, instead of the Sox hoping to hit 5 homers a game.

Yup, because your team actually knows how to play small ball, instead of the Sox hoping to hit 5 homers a game.

The one guy on your team I do love, surprisingly, is Jim Thome.

I have a ton of respect for him, as a guy who over the years, with both the Indians, and the Whitesox. He is to the Twins what Brett Favre is to the Vikings. An aging veteran fans will always rip on and say they hate, but would love to have on their team.

Also, he's one of 3 players from 1997 on who has gotten to 500 Homeruns without any serious allegations of steroids. (Griffey and Frank Thomas being the others)

Yeah, he might have been on them, but as long as there hasn't been any evidence, or even any people who claim he was on them, I'll cling to the belief he was clean

Also, he's one of 3 players from 1997 on who has gotten to 500 Homeruns without any serious allegations of steroids. (Griffey and Frank Thomas being the others)

Yeah, he might have been on them, but as long as there hasn't been any evidence, or even any people who claim he was on them, I'll cling to the belief he was clean

Ya, it is nice to have home run hitters without steroid suspicions. Fun fact: All 3 of those guys have played on...you guessed it, the White Sox :D (granted Griffey's stay was short and unproductive).

There are no legitimate warrants in this entire thread, all it is is a bitch about the white sox because I'm a fan of the Cubs or another team in the AL Central.

• Downvote 1

actually, all information posted regarding carlos quentin is one hundred percent peer reviewed and fact checked. righ, mr. s--err, marburry?

[too soon?]

lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290521104

CHICAGO -- While the Chicago White Sox weren't exactly showing their best side to Jake Peavy, the Minnesota Twins were taking out their anger on the baseball.

Joe Mauer hit a grand slam, two doubles and drove in a career-high six runs as the Twins routed the White Sox 20-1 Thursday, matching Chicago's most-lopsided loss in team history.

Run Over

The White Sox gave up 20 or more runs for the fourth time in the last 50 years.

"I think a lot frustration came out today," said Mauer, whose Twins had lost the first six games of their road trip before winning big on getaway day. "We had a rough trip. It was nice to get some runs. We kept on saying, 'Keep at it, keep at it."

There was nothing nice about the game for the White Sox, whose only other 19-run defeat ever was a 19-0 loss at Anaheim in 2002.

"We did everything wrong we could do," Chicago manager Ozzie Guillen said. "You name it, we did it wrong."

Michael Cuddyer, Joe Crede and Matt Tolbert also homered as part of a 20-hit Minnesota attack that made the White Sox pine even more for Peavy.

After talking trade with Atlanta and the Chicago Cubs during the offseason, the San Diego Padres have agreed to deal their ace to the White Sox. The teams were waiting to see whether the 2007 NL Cy Young winner would waive his no-trade clause.

"I hope Peavy didn't watch the scoreboard today. He might say no," said Guillen, whose club lost for the sixth time in eight games. "It would be nice to have him. If not, we have to move on and continue to fight."

His team having lost nine straight on the road, Minnesota manager Ron Gardenhire shook up his batting order. The strategy worked, with the Twins scoring at least 20 runs for only the 13th time in franchise history.

Mauer batted second for the first time this season, Cuddyer had four hits and three RBIs and Tolbert drove in four runs. Cleanup man Jason Kubel had three hits and everyone in the starting lineup scored within the first three innings.

"There were a lot of good performances out there -- too many to name, up and down the lineup," Gardenhire said. "Everything kind of blew up out there. If you've been in the game long enough, you've seen those."

Mauer's second career grand slam capped a six-run sixth inning. Tolbert's first big league homer, a three-run shot in the seventh, made it 20-0.

Bartolo Colon (2-4) allowed eight runs in two innings.

"I always think positive," Guillen said. "Colon will be real fresh for his next start."

Although all seven second-inning runs were unearned after an error by third baseman Wilson Betemit, Colon's latest in a series of poor outings had White Sox fans hoping the Peavy would get done.

Nick Blackburn (3-2) allowed four hits over seven innings to win for the first time at U.S. Cellular Field, where he had been 0-4 with a 5.27 ERA.

Minnesota led 1-0 and had two on in the second when Betemit fielded Nick Punto's bunt and threw the ball off Punto's helmet. Mauer's sacrifice fly and Kubel's RBI single made it 4-0 before Cuddyer lined a three-run homer over the left-field fence. Three pitches later, Crede took Colon deep for an eight-run lead.

"It wasn't Mauer and (Justin) Morneau going back to back for a change," Cuddyer said. "It was a real fun game. I like that lineup. I'm an advocate of anything that produces 20 runs."

Another throwing error by Betemit put the Twins up 10-0 in the fourth.

When the White Sox averted a shutout on Carlos Quentin's eighth-inning RBI single off Jose Mijares, those remaining in the ballpark cheered loudly.

It was the 10th time Chicago has allowed 20 runs in a game and first since a 20-14 loss to Minnesota in 2007. The Twins won for only the second time in their last 12 games at U.S. Cellular.

Game notes

Mauer has a 14-game hitting streak. ... Scott Podsednik, signed to give the White Sox better baserunning, has been picked off first base in three straight games. Thursday, he also was doubled off first on a bases-loaded liner to third. ... In their previous seven games, Twins starting pitchers were 0-3 with a 7.23 ERA. ... It was the first time in 21 games at Chicago that Minnesota pitchers didn't allow at least one home run. ... With OF Delmon Young coming off the bereavement list, the Twins sent C Jose Morales to Triple-A.

It's generally just a bad time to be a Sox fan. Even if Peavy were to come, the hitting isn't nearly consistent enough to support quality starts. Konerko and Dye are the only ones consistently doing anything. Also, I'd just like to say that giving up Uribe and getting Betemit has to be on the top 5 list of Kenny Williams' dumbest moves. Betemit has done absolutely NOTHING to help the Sox. Even if Uribe wasn't a good hitter, he was way more consistent on defense and has a GREAT arm. Also, if Colon didn't do well the first time he was with the Sox, WHAT IS HE DOING HERE NOW! It's just frustrating to watch this team fail this badly. Buerhle is the only real bright spot, and without any hitting it really doesn't matter all that much. I sincerely hope they'll get out of this malaise (though I doubt they will), or this will be a LONG season for Sox fans. [End rant]

I hope peavy doesn't go. He'd be there till 2011 when his contract expires and as someone who has watched his career since he became SD's top pitching prospect, he'll go for a contract extension instead of test the free agency.

PADRES FOR LIFE!

I hate those douche bag white sox. Their jerseys are ugly as hell. Their team sucks. They let one of their best players go for nothing. Nick Swisher was right behind Quenten and Ramirez. They have the most over rated left handed pitcher, maybe pitcher in general, in the game. Buerhle will be the first guy to win SFTC from ESPN, when he gets on a streak he's hot. Bobby Jenks hair is nasty! Screw the sox. Peavy is a gangster, he would rather play for the Nationals than the Sox. Smart guy.

Jamie

• Downvote 1

the thing about peavy is that even if the sox got him they'd realize soon they're paying awesome pitcher money to a good pitcher and there is a big difference. i realize peavs seems to have already dismissed the chisox as a potential destination, but he'll probly make the team he ends up at guarantee they pick up that 22 mil option. furthermore he's getting serious protection from that pitchers park yall got over there in san diego. him in chicago is probly bad news bears in comparison. trading away prospects for peavs would ultimately be a sacrifice for the team's future, which is already looking bad since dye konerko and thome are getting old and there are no replacements to be found in the farm system to my knowledge, though i'm obviously not an expert on the white sox [though i'm closer than all the white sox fans i've encountered in real life] so i could be wrong.

while i hate the team i do still like jermaine dye. i just have to root for all his significant stats to come in non clutch situations and never be game determining unless the games help the royals, which may happen this year

ummm...peavy is freaking great. he's so underrated because of the fact he plays for the weak western division of the NL. what most people don't get is that he brings a veteran presence and work ethic. He also doesn't get much protection in PETCO seeing as he's a strike-out pitcher who can then pitch for grounders (contact) when the need arises. sure you give up a few prospects that are unproven in the major leages but in return you get an awesome pitcher that's is guaranteed to you till 2011. he's not even 30 yet. he's yet to hit his prime i suspect.

but it's all moot anyways, he'll be pitching today at chicago.

if he doesn't get much protection in petco why does his k/bb ratio drop by over one in road games and his hr/app ratio skyrockets by 20 plate appearances in road games?

i'm not saying he's not a good pitcher, i'm doubting whether he's worth the investment the chisox would have to make, especially considering their offense will be using walkers to get from the batting circle to the plate in the very near future. also doubting whether he's going to post stats that warrant the investment for a franchise that plays in a hitters park. maybe he's worth the money in SD, but he sure as hell wouldn't be worth the money in texas or colorado because of park factors. and if he's not worth it there, what makes you think the white sox park is any better considering it's consistently been in the top five home run parks and top ten runs scored parks in baseball over the past five years?

there are things outside of being able to pitch for grounders when the "need arises"...and that's even without the criticisms of him holding up for a full year or fading down the stretch or pitching poorly in pressure situation games.

Jake Peavy doesn't even want to go to this team...and he plays for the freaking PADRES... [who are streaking I guess]

bump

Don't get too cocky. Twins are gonna win tonight