Sign in to follow this  
gopal

NHL Playoffs

, because Florida, Carolina, Atlanta and Tampa is the most uninspiring division around.

Yeah, getting to see Kovulchuk, Lecavlier, and the good Staal on a regular basis is uninspiring.

Yeah, getting to see Kovulchuk, Lecavlier, and the good Staal on a regular basis is uninspiring.

The problem is no supporting cast. Yes, they're all great players, but they need to get on some contending teams before they're more "inspiring."

that's cuz the flyers are garbage and their fans are worse

Absolutely. And a new generation of Flyers hatred was started as soon as Huet got decked in Game 7 last year.

No one really despises anyone else in the division. Ask any Caps fan who the teams biggest rival is and you won't hear a division opponent. Our consensus biggest rivals are probably still the Penguins and Flyers with Carolina a distant 3. And they're only there because they're good... there's still no real hatred either way. When I said inspiring, I meant what gets the fan base fired up. The old Patrick division would be ridiculous, on the other hand the southeast division is playing in front of half empty arenas against teams with no real fan base and a complete indifference towards the NHL.

Its easy to love Crosby, he's a stud no question about it. Alexander Ovechkin is the biggest gagster ever. Love that due too death. His hate, and denial of, for Malkin is amazing. Malkin is also a gangsta. Those three guys make it really enjoyable to watch hockey. I love the game to the maximum, But AO makes it so much fun to watch.

Jamie

i was only saying there are tremendous amounts of similarities between the two teams and between crosby and ovechkin, so hating one and loving the other is kinda dumb. ovechkin is no more mature than crosby. this is the guy who pretended his stick was one fire and did a chicken dance to taunt crosby. they're both children, but they're both unbelievably good players on young teams. i have no problem with geographic and team rivalry, i just think people should at least admit to how irrational it is sometimes.

i was only saying there are tremendous amounts of similarities between the two teams and between crosby and ovechkin, so hating one and loving the other is kinda dumb. ovechkin is no more mature than crosby. this is the guy who pretended his stick was one fire and did a chicken dance to taunt crosby. they're both children, but they're both unbelievably good players on young teams. i have no problem with geographic and team rivalry, i just think people should at least admit to how irrational it is sometimes.

They arent really similar past the fact that theyre both young and good. They play distinctly different styles. And different positions for that matter. There's no reason that I cant enjoy watching Ovechkin and dislike Crosby.

Also, its game day. UNLEASH THE FURY

I honestly love it when we lose by 100 in a Game 7. Especially when I skip review sessions for my finals tomorrow in order to watch it.

so the pens turned it up and are moving on, I feel sorta bad for the caps you guys had a good show earlier in the series....bring on the next team (soon to be seen who exactly it is)

so the pens turned it up and are moving on, I feel sorta bad for the caps you guys had a good show earlier in the series....bring on the next team (soon to be seen who exactly it is)

The Pens were the better team this series... as much as it pains me to say it. Our defense was beyond atrocious the entire way, and the Penguins were more than talented enough to take advantage. Crosby was able to just sit by the goal the whole series and clean up rebounds without anyone even bothering him. If Varly wasnt all-world for most of this series, this was probably over a long time ago. Hopefully we can find someone to take Theo and Nylander and use the money to get a few quality defensemen. Anyhow, good luck in the Eastern Conference Finals.

They play distinctly different styles.

no.

• Upvote 1

Red Wings/ Blackhawks is good for the league, despite making me physically sick to my stomach.

i'd like that match for the cup

Edit - Pens are up 1-0 in the series, if we keep playing like we were in the first two periods this'll be easy. Did anyone else think that carolina looked really nervous at the beginning of the game?

Looks like Detroit will hose in their series if things don't change.

Edited by bob hope
didn't want to double post

*bump*

Pens could go all the way and it looks like detroit will be there too, we'll find out tonight.

Thoughts on a detroit / pittsburgh rematch?

*bump*

Pens could go all the way and it looks like detroit will be there too, we'll find out tonight.

Thoughts on a detroit / pittsburgh rematch?

Just as shitty as last year.

I hate the wings. I hate cindy.

Its a good thing the NBA is exciting this year, cuz the NHL has sucked.

Can't wait to see thousands of fans boo Gary Bettman when he hands Lidstrom the Cup on Friday night. I think it'd be absolutely great for Lidstrom to pass the cup to Hossa first, just so anybody still watching in Pittsburgh can see why he came over to us.

Bummer we couldn't pull it out in game 6 though. Pittsburgh did outplay us that game and Fleury was absolutely on fire. But back on home ice, with the last line change in our pockets, and "The Hair" Mike Babcock running the show, I don't see how Pittsburgh will have a chance.

Does Zetterburg get the Con Smythe? Or if Osgood gets another shutout would still have a shot?

because hossa has made a huge difference in this series....

I'm pretty sure that its not going to be a shutout. The pens are younger and deat an absolute beating to the wings last game. I love how you're so sure that the wings will win, same coach you had the rest of the series - a series that is tied up. Home ice and the last line change can be pretty nice, but i think its more about who has the momentum late in the game. Detriot hasn't been as lethal in the third as the pens. They've started off strong, but just can't finish strong.

Can't wait to see thousands of fans boo Gary Bettman when he hands Lidstrom the Cup on Friday night. I think it'd be absolutely great for Lidstrom to pass the cup to Hossa first, just so anybody still watching in Pittsburgh can see why he came over to us.

Bummer we couldn't pull it out in game 6 though. Pittsburgh did outplay us that game and Fleury was absolutely on fire. But back on home ice, with the last line change in our pockets, and "The Hair" Mike Babcock running the show, I don't see how Pittsburgh will have a chance.

Does Zetterburg get the Con Smythe? Or if Osgood gets another shutout would still have a shot?

lol