Sign in to follow this  
iceicebaby

Perm on the DA?

Im not quite sure i understand how a perm on a DA works. I saw a round once where the team at the bottom of the DA flow said Perm do the plan...can someone explain this to me? how is this benefical? how doe sit operate?

Im not quite sure i understand how a perm on a DA works. I saw a round once where the team at the bottom of the DA flow said Perm do the plan...can someone explain this to me? how is this benefical? how doe sit operate?

Was it on politics?

It functions the same way as any other perm. Something isn't mutually exclusive with the plan - perm. For instance, let's say the neg reads a disad saying aff costs Obama political capital that he needs to deploy troops to Pakistan - impact is nuclear war. The perm says you can do the plan and still send troops to Pakistan because the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Guest svfrey

a DA is an advocation of the status quo or a competitive policy option that either solves the link or doesn't link at all.

• Downvote 1

but a DA is not advocating something

It may not be advocating something, but by perming you solve for the impact of the DA. That means you use the plan as a passage for solving the DA and thus it can't outweigh. since the Perm text was "Perm : Do the Plan" that incorporates the DA, basically an add-on to the 1AC if worked right.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From my understanding, there are more ways to perm politix da. For example, with a political cap da: Perm: pass plan have obama veto, and then override the veto. Then you just say, its normal means. This is sketchy ground but its worked for me in the past.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The permutation isn't so much of an "advocacy" as much as it is a test of the intrinsicness of the link. Basically, on a disad, it's a glorified it's a link take out dealing with the question of whether or not the disad is intrinsic to the plan. Of course this raises some theoretical concerns...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The permutation isn't so much of an "advocacy" as much as it is a test of the intrinsicness of the link. Basically, on a disad, it's a glorified it's a link take out dealing with the question of whether or not the disad is intrinsic to the plan. Of course this raises some theoretical concerns...

i think saske is right. it is more or less just a link take out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1