Dr.Frankenfurter

Cool/Funny/Legit Debate Quotes

"Yeah, its always good to have a small stick aff, and i agree with that, but then you have a million extinction 2AC add-ons in your tub, which i DON'T agree with"

~ Sheryl "Kaz" Kaczmarek

Edited by mattythekid
  • Upvote 1

"Yeah, its always good to have a small stick aff, and i agree with that, but then you have a million extinction 2AC add-ons in your tub, which i DON'T agree with"

~ Sheryl "Kaz" Kazmarak

All things Kaz says are true.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"FOUR tubs!? They have four tubs?"

This is more amusing without context.

"FOUR tubs!? They have four tubs?"

This is more amusing without context.

I should hope you are lying, seeing as how that comment lacked any humor at all

You can call us Ike and Tina for the way we're turning this disad.

-Dan Thies, GMU.

Judge, you can basically envision our impacts as these large obese men, and their impacts as these tiny little stick men on a diet. If you put them both on a scale, our impacts vastly outweigh theirs, tons to ounces.

"They have to prove, with evidence, that the Congress is part of the United States federal government" - some team at state last year

Some novice team: "What does the world look like after we do the k?"

Me: "Have you ever done acid?"

------

"I know you don't have a card saying that. So if you find that card, I will eat it."

I forget who said this.. I think it was a Whitman debater. The other team found the card, he grabbed it from them, and ate it.

I love these little phrases and I'm always looking out for certain ones to pick up...

"So our opponents say blah, blah, blah... WHOOPS! I don't think so <insert opponent's name here>."

"Game over" or "It is has been game over since they have conceded..."

"The lesson for today's debate is....."

"I think this is the first time I am not going for....."

"Artificial Offense"

"No defense, no offense, no chance. This debate is over"

Hand motions are awesome too. Like when describing dropped arguments, pretend you're dropping something with your hands. Oh and saying your opponents' names a lot is pretty funny for some reason.

• Downvote 1

Analogies are cash too. I usually can make up a few during a round, but I'm having trouble thinking of some now. When running the Cap K I usually describe Capitalism as Medusa's head... Oh and when debating morality, I like using the example of an organ harvest or Lord of the Flies.

For the purpose of this analogy I'm going to use the name, John. Ideally John would be your debate partner, your opponents, the judge (if you dare), or whoever everybody in the round can relate to.

"Now we all love John. He's funny, attractive, and just really has a kickass personality. Now, imagine that the survival of 8 people depended on all the right organs in John's body. In order to survive they captured him, ripped his organs out, and they all got organ transplants, where 8 people can now live opposed to John. Now that shit is utilitarian. Our opponents want to kill John. Judge, are you going to let that happen?"

• Downvote 1

Some novice team: "What does the world look like after we do the k?"

Me: "Have you ever done acid?"

------

"I know you don't have a card saying that. So if you find that card, I will eat it."

I forget who said this.. I think it was a Whitman debater. The other team found the card, he grabbed it from them, and ate it.

whitman bm vs klinger. klinger ate his flow.