King of All Cosmos

Hey NonTexans

Guest lsurocks1
go on...

its defitnitly started to pick up in the last five years, theres a big league (texas highschool lacrosse league) that around 80 schools are apart of, which also hosts girls lacrosse which is surprisingly popular. Its really competitive and each team plays around 25-30 games a season not including playoffs. The State championship is soon (may 9th-10th.) Highland park (Dallas area school) won last year.

Strake Jesuit, St. Marks, The Woodlands, and Highland Park are all the texas schools who are in the top 25 national rankings and I belive St. Marks beat the number one team in the country thats in New York so theres defitnly some good competition in texas and its bound to get better.

I'm in Austin all week with not too much to do- Are there any must-see attractions or must-eat restaurants?

I'm in Austin all week with not too much to do- Are there any must-see attractions or must-eat restaurants?

If you're into Thai food, try Madam Mam's on Guadalupe. You could also head up to round rock donuts. It's a drive, but worth the trip. Veggie Heaven (also on Guadalupe) is pretty good vegetarian food, also. If you like tofu at all, I recommend it highly.

There are always plenty of concerts to go to... if you're into electronica or anything like that I'd recommend seeing holy fuck @ mohawk. It's a pretty intimate venue and I hear holy fuck are great live. also, brothers and sisters are worth checking out - pretty good southern-tinged alt-country-rock band, if fairly standard. tickets will be cheap, and if you're not busy it's worth your time.

i'll probably find myself in austin again within the next year and a half. what's the best place to get a burger? i was not as impressed with anything in texas as i was with tempe's chuckbox. except the rangers game. and the girls. though the girls from arizona won that fight.

i'll probably find myself in austin again within the next year and a half. what's the best place to get a burger? i was not as impressed with anything in texas as i was with tempe's chuckbox. except the rangers game. and the girls. though the girls from arizona won that fight.

dan's hamburgers is pretty good

i have heard other places are better but cannot verify as i do not eat meat any longer

"Juniors" on the round rock mainstreet has won a ton of awards from various places and it's one of my favorite "local eateries," but I live in round rock already which might help that.

Make sure to check out Freebirds.

P Terry's on south lamar a little before you reach barton springs has some amazing burgers and quite orgasmic fresh cut fries.

Huts Hamburgers is hands down the best burger in austin. I'll put one up against P terry's any day.