sanskreet

Blocking and flowing template for word mac 2008

Can anyone send me a flowing template for office 2008 for mac?

Also, I'm having trouble creating a blocking template (my team's template does not function with mac office 08), it'd be awesome if someone taught me how to make macros?

Thanks in advance,

Edited by saanthers

pm me your email, I'll send you my excel flow template

sorry, don't have anything macro related for you. I'd love to find out myself.

• Upvote 1

yeah here here how do you get those macro thingies for the table of contents when you want to create a big file?

you don't need to use a macro... just go to reference / table of contents / insert table of contents

I've been trying to deal with this issue for months now, the solution I finally settled on was just to use boot camp with about 15 GB of memory, just for card cutting.

I've been trying to deal with this issue for months now, the solution I finally settled on was just to use boot camp with about 15 GB of memory, just for card cutting.

Yeah, I thought about BootCamp too.

But that would mean getting a copy of Windows XP CD and Microsoft Office..

There must be a way to make macros work in Word 08.

I run mac office 08 and generally don't have many problems with lack of macro compatibility any longer. For example, you can use apple script to replace the oh so tedious "clear returns" process on a card pasted from a pdf.

Besides clear returns, the only macro I ever used changed the un-underlined font to 7pt. This is easily done with a single simple find/replace after you complete the file. I still can't get applescript to do that one...

Anything else is easily done with simple shortcut keys. (highlight, headings, etc...) A mouse with a bunch of programmable buttons makes card cutting so easy you can do it with one hand, leaving the other free to scratch your ass or eat delicious treats with.

As for OP's template problem, creating one is easy. http://debate.uga.edu/research_guide/howto.pdf

Alternatively, I can send you my template if you would like.

I run mac office 08 and generally don't have many problems with lack of macro compatibility any longer. For example, you can use apple script to replace the oh so tedious "clear returns" process on a card pasted from a pdf.

Besides clear returns, the only macro I ever used changed the un-underlined font to 7pt. This is easily done with a single simple find/replace after you complete the file. I still can't get applescript to do that one...

Anything else is easily done with simple shortcut keys. (highlight, headings, etc...) A mouse with a bunch of programmable buttons makes card cutting so easy you can do it with one hand, leaving the other free to scratch your ass or eat delicious treats with.

As for OP's template problem, creating one is easy. http://debate.uga.edu/research_guide/howto.pdf

How do you use Applescript? Is it possible to send the scripts you use/post them somewhere online?

And my issues with shortcuts on Mac 08 is that it changes the entire paragraph

I'm thinking of taking my mac to the genius bar and let them teach me how to use Applescript?

How do you use Applescript? Is it possible to send the scripts you use/post them somewhere online?

And my issues with shortcuts on Mac 08 is that it changes the entire paragraph

What I did is just screw around with automator until I figured out how to do it. Second window from the left should have "find and replace in microsoft word docs" or something like that. Input "^p" for find and " " (single space) for replace. Save it, and it should show up in your word toolbar at the top right. Keep in mind you probably need a blank doc open to transfer the pdf text to first, because I can't get it to work on just the highlighted words instead of the whole document.

I tried to upload it, but for some reason I can't.

The shortcuts issue was a little annoying at first, but ultimatley it doesn't matter to me because I only plain underline my cards and don't use styles for anything but headings, tags, and basic paragraph formatting.

Ultimatley I agree that word 2k3 was much much better, however if you are lazy or have problems with 2k3 running like me, 08 isn't totally unusable.