asian_persuasionGoh

Best version of pokemon?

I agree with you that Jolteon is a poor counter to Alakazam in RGBY, which is what I said. I think the problem with your calculations though, when you say that it's 157 vs 164 is that you're not counting EVs. Even if you don't EV train or (take them into account), you inevitably get EVs as you grow in level (anywhere between 1 and 3 ev's per pokemon you defeated with a upper limit of 510 EVs spread around all stats and a limit of 252 EVs per stat by the time you're level 100), which is why you're not taking into account the accurate stats in terms of hp and damage calculation. Without taking EVs into account at all, you have a gross miscalculation. In any case, Jolteon is a poor counter to alakazam, unless Jolteon has higher speed than alakazam in which it can KO alakazam first but sustain a lot amount of damage if alakazam does not switch out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Alakazam megapunch vs Chansey is not that good because Alakazam doesn't have a very high atk stat and won't 1 hit KO blissey (maybe 3, I'm guessing? I didn't calculate it). The way to eliminate Chansey is to bring out something with a high atk stat.

beat me to it

There was no cure to the cancer called Chancey until reversal shined upon man...

And then chancey became even more of a pinkly obnoxious tank in blissey. The good old gameboy color and silver days, until that internal battery died. RBY somehow outlasts its successors...

sure there was. marowak!

1. there was no 510 ev system in rby which means ev spreads are irrelevant

2. neither jolt nor alakazam is a counter to the other because both of their stab attacks are 2hkos on the other. however if they're double switched into each other (or maybe a last poke explosion situation) jolteon should win because it outspeeds (base 130 vs 120 speed iirc) and 2hkos with thunderbolt.

3. blissey is a fat ho

4. also turn you're using split spdef/spatk base stats whereas in rby there's only a spc stat

Edited by whistle47

1. there was no 510 ev system in rby which means ev spreads are irrelevant

2. neither jolt nor alakazam is a counter to the other because both of their stab attacks are 2hkos on the other. however if they're double switched into each other (or maybe a last poke explosion situation) jolteon should win because it outspeeds (base 130 vs 120 speed iirc) and 2hkos with thunderbolt.

3. blissey is a fat ho

4. also turn you're using split spdef/spatk base stats whereas in rby there's only a spc stat

Right, fair enough. Although I am pretty sure RBY had some form of EVs, no? (pretty sure that my pokemon in red version had numbers in the 300s for stats). Maybe you can clarify.

The extent of my experience with actually playing RBY is on my game boy in 3rd grade, but Google is my friend. You can have a max of 65025 Stat Exp in each stat and whenever you beat a wild Pokemon you gain Stat Exp equal to that Pokemon's base stats (in every stat, not just the highest one AFAIK). But every member of a species in RBY has the same maximum stats at Lv100 and you CAN max out every stat (so yeah, there are no spreads).

Edited by whistle47

Yellow was the best. But my brother decided to use my game as his new binky (he was like... 2) and the game broke just when I was about to beat the game.

Blue is second best, but only because that's the only other pokemon game I've played. I couldn't get past the woods thing that you had to pay to go in so you can get that specific TM since I had to do the thing so many times that I ran out of money and beat every pokemon battler that I would have encountered so far...

machamp is the ultimate counter to chansey

QFA. Especially in the new version, Machamp has REALLY improved because of no guard..

GOLD AND SILVER woot woot 2001-2002 all the color none of the faggotry

Truf'

While RBY have a lot of nostalgic value, the new games are probably the best to come out. The gameplay is the same as always, and so is the story, the new ones are better graphics + new pokemon + wifi.

• Upvote 1