MakeitRainAff

who is all attending jdi

chipotle you can get anywhere. gumbys is only in lawrence. take advantage. every other day is a good rule. don't try to eat a full bigass; you will make yourself sick. trust the expert.

the sandwich shop you refer to is probably planet sub, though the one on the other end of campus is gone now for a hotel. but there's still one pretty close by, you have to drive to get there though. i think they call them yello subs in lawrence. same thing.

also recommended is pizza shuttle

mrs e's wasn't bad, and i love ice cream too, but it really bothered me that they never got the carbonation to syrup balance right on the coke. that is enough to make me not go places. even when its free.

chipotle you can get anywhere. gumbys is only in lawrence. take advantage. every other day is a good rule. don't try to eat a full bigass; you will make yourself sick. trust the expert.

the sandwich shop you refer to is probably planet sub, though the one on the other end of campus is gone now for a hotel. but there's still one pretty close by, you have to drive to get there though. i think they call them yello subs in lawrence. same thing.

mrs e's wasn't bad, and i love ice cream too, but it really bothered me that they never got the carbonation to syrup balance right on the coke. that is enough to make me not go places. even when its free.

Everywhere you mention but Mr. E's is in Manhattan.

But, nice try.

But, nice try.

But Mrs. E's is on KU's campus...?

But, nice try.

i mistyped. what i meant was, you're only getting them at camp. you probly don't have them at home.

besides, no self respecting individual would spend time in manhattan kansas. come on now derek!

Yeah, I think you're right about what it's called. It sucks that there isn't one next to the campus anymore. I remember we would just go there sometimes because it was closer to where we had lab meetings than Mrs. E's.

By the way, if anyone is interested, there is a bowling alley at KU. We went there a few times, and, from what I remember, it was pretty cheep to bowl there. I think they might also have food in that area. It's next to the gift shop.

Has anyone gotten their second info mailings yet...? I sent in my application like 3 weeks ago and, as of yet, nothing. Should I be concerned or are the going to mail them all out at once, etc?

Has anyone gotten their second info mailings yet...? I sent in my application like 3 weeks ago and, as of yet, nothing. Should I be concerned or are the going to mail them all out at once, etc?

try emailing them: jayhawkdebateinstitute AT gmail DOT com

they were pretty quick to respond, if i remember correctly.

Are you kidding?

Gumby's and Pizza Shittle are terrible. They exist solely because they are cheap and deliver to the campus.

gumbys is delicious and i will entertain no notions to the contrary

pizza shuttle, eh. i really only included that because everyone else said it was good. i tried it once and went right back to gumbys.

I haven't, and I haven't heard of other kids getting anything either, so as of now I'm not terribly worried.

Are you kidding?

Gumby's and Pizza Shittle are terrible. They exist solely because they are cheap and deliver to the campus.

Wrong. Gumby's exists because God needed a way to expose the flavorful might of pokey sticks and barbecue chicken pizza.

And cheap? Really? I can't leave that place for less than $10.

Wrong. Gumby's exists because God needed a way to expose the flavorful might of pokey sticks and barbecue chicken pizza.

And cheap? Really? I can't leave that place for less than $10.

It's possible that it has improved since I was in college... You used to could get a big ass for like 10 bucks.

I'm not positive on who exactly is, but I know a decent amount of aquinas debaters will be going to jdi or jedi.

Excellent camp, I wouldn't be the debater I am today had I not gone to the 3 week camp before my junior and senior years. The lectures are always fantastic, the lab leaders are excellent, the evidence is quality and the overall experience is [insert another synonym for 'good' here]. admittedly i'm not sure if i should be promoting KU's camp now that i'm going to be debating for k-state... ziegler you'll have to forgive me

[Andrew's beard's seal of approval.]

What more can I say?

mrs e's sucks, call in gumbys and go to planet sub

QFT. The coke syrup/carbonation bothered me as well, granted I still went to mrs. e's, more out of lack of money and laziness than anything else though. gumby's is always a great alternative, along with planet sub and pizza shuttle. i only chose pizza shuttle though because they had a buy one get one free deal then that i couldn't pass up, because having twice as much pizza pretty much made up for any lack in quality.

I can honestly say that JDI was an awesome experience for me. I went there before my junior and senior year. If you also consider how much it costs to go, it's very comparitively cheap to the other debate institutes. What's great about JDI is that the leaders that you all get are the same lab leaders who go to the bigger insistutions such as Michigan and etc.

JDI is a lot of fun and you'll meet a bunch of great people up there. I wouldn't be the debater I am today without having this experience

WORD OF ADVICE- Don't eat too much of Mrs. E's...that place will make you sick after a while. Take a few trips to The Union or the The Underground after you all get done cutting cards.

ANOTHER WORD OF ADVICE- Girls..don't take high heels...seriously. DON'T!! I did that..and my feet hurt for quite a while.

you should have your 2nd mailing... i got mine yesterday, and a pdf version today... check your email again.

you should have your 2nd mailing... i got mine yesterday, and a pdf version today... check your email again.

Yeah, same. Thanks.

Edit: Also, can you use your laptop in-round at JDI, like at the end of camp tourney?

Edited by mdawgig

Yeah, same. Thanks.

Edit: Also, can you use your laptop in-round at JDI, like at the end of camp tourney?

yes. well at least you could last year. most kids type up theory and stuff on them so they usually let u use them

just a question for those that have gone to it before...

in the lecture room(s), are there plug-ins near, so i can plug in my laptop during lectures?

just a question for those that have gone to it before...

in the lecture room(s), are there plug-ins near, so i can plug in my laptop during lectures?

very limited in the main lectures the first week. get there early to get a front row seat (or very back row, there are plug-ins up top) and bring a power strip if u can. granted all of this is assuming that the main lectures are in the same room as last year

On the subject of food, if you can travel you should also check out some of the stuff down on Mass St, they have great pizza, BBQ, and just about everything else. Seriously, it's ridiculous. La Parilla, Buffalo Bob's, Vermont St BBQ, Jefferson's (you gotta go here), Free State Brewery, Mad Greek, Papa Keno's, Pita Pit...

I'm going to JEDI! I'll be commuting so I won't be seeing all you guys to often, but I'll be trying to spend as much time in the dorms as I can.

The fact that neither JB Stout's nor Dempsey's has been mentioned in this thread is a travesty. For god sake it's a burger made out of Kobe Beef tenderloin. I barely go to Lawrence and I know this.