moneyman21

Mountain Area Nats Consortium

Well i was hoping somebody else would post this thread but its been a few weeks so i guess i will.

I seem to be unable to end this debate season so here i am with another chance to keep it going

if i could get a PM or an email (moneyman21@gmail.com) to any team that would be interested i have already created a gmail account and have begun to upload some files that we have cut during the season.

-Darshan

• Upvote 2

I can contribute to this (much better and more extensively than when I went to nationals). I can contribute in the following ways:

1. If you give me cites to a 1AC, I can cut a case negative

2. I can cut 2AC's to negative positions (cites are preferable, but outlines of the argument I am answering will do). I can see myself coming in handy improving your guys answers to K's seeing how that isn't a pressing concern when you debate regionally.

3. I can cut updates to disadvantages (of course this would be done closer to tournament time).

4. I can help make sure you don't fail a backfile check (you guys got your answers to Gregorian calendar? wipeout? I didn't thinks so).

Let me know how I can be of assistance via pm or email at lgarrett@liberty.edu. I don't have the time to proactively cut files, so somebody else is going to have to do the intelligence gathering to figure out what your lacking, but than I can do the rest.

I can contribute to this (much better and more extensively than when I went to nationals).
So, so tempting to make a rude comment. But instead, I'm always happy to see the region supporting itself at nats and I'm sure everyone could use the help. Thanks for the offer!
  • Upvote 1

I have no idea if Darshan has gotten any interest, but it might make sense to have the mods sticky this thread for a while, since there are still nat quals coming up.

• Upvote 2

Given that now the last nat quals won't happen until the May 1st weekend and that waiting that long for the Consortium to get going could be detrimental to the region's ability to prep for nats, I would suggest we exclude anyone who is in that NFL district from participating until that quals is finished. We don't want to provide teams that are still competing with any advantage they wouldn't normally have, but waiting 2 more weeks to get going probably isn't a good idea either. Just throwing this out there for discussion.

I agree with Sandy on this one if we wait two more weeks it gives us only a month and a half or so. It would be much more beneficial to the teams at nats if the consortium starts as soon as possible.

I can contribute. Just tell me what you need.

ie. disadvantages, case negs/frontlines/"satellite" K's on advantages, framework, A2 critical impacts, i have tons of nanotech stuff. I won't cut politix updates though.

My strengths are on discourse kritiks

Edited by AndydaGuy
  • Upvote 1

OK, is the consortium dead? Nats is in a month. We've posted hydrogen & postal service fleet neg; Darshan's put on: Native Am neg; cold fusion neg; Heidegger K; and an oil DA.

I'm just wondering what's the status. I know I've been away for a while, but I'm surprised that no one in the region figures that sharing files doesn't make sense.

Hey CX peoples.

Two years ago, maybe three, there was a CX topic that included the area of military conscription.

This year the nationals LD resolutions is military conscription. If you have some good stuff in that area and you could help me out that would be great.

Policy or Kritikal.

Thanks.

Stephen Lurie

Creek

ps----- send to pandasteve@gmail.com or here or whatever.

Matt Stannard is available to cut cards for the Mountain Consortium and can be reached at stannard@uwyo.edu. He normally does a wide array of assignments ranging from uniqueness updates to K stuff to answers to crazy stuff and pretty much anything else.