Calculus

Best Cheapshot Arguments?

Definition of a cheap shot argument.

Whenever we run Conditionality Bad on the 2AC, we end with a very short "No neg fiat" argument with the voting issue. Many teams concede this during the neg block and this ends up letting us win rounds.

Any personal cheap shots/strategies you use to win? In all seriousness...

I like to wait until the judge leaves the room during prep and punch the opponent in the eye.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Independent voters in your topicality standards, particularly with fx or extra, can be considered "cheapshots," I guess. Especially if they drop the standards debate.

If a 2AC drops one of mine, I usually pull out like 2-3 minutes worth of blocks for my 1NC. That way the 1AR is always like "oh shit."

• Downvote 1

Put random reverse voters at the bottom of your blocks, like 50 state fiat bad, or ASPEC abusive. If the neg doesn't go for it you can still claim the in round abuse and win on it.

example - if they read a conditional K the 2AC would read their conditional alternatives bad theory and end it with 'which justifies permutation: do the alternative'.

Ask in c-x if limits is the most important standard, then counter-interpretation: only our case is topical.

Definition of a cheap shot argument.

Whenever we run Conditionality Bad on the 2AC, we end with a very short "No neg fiat" argument with the voting issue. Many teams concede this during the neg block and this ends up letting us win rounds.

Any personal cheap shots/strategies you use to win? In all seriousness...

conditionality bad in the 2ac and no neg fiat arguments in the 2acs are not cheap shots. the neg has 13 minutes to make sure they do not drop to this one set of arguments. what i did for the first half of the year is that i read conditionality bad in the 1AC.

crap i consider cheap shots are things like E-Prime, sparks, and wipeout

crap i consider cheap shots are things like E-Prime, sparks, and wipeout

Spark and wipeout aren't cheapshots, they're just annoying as hell.

ASPEC. The 2NC flow is littered with trivial voting issues that can be expounded upon to an absurd degree if the 1AR extends points without individually addressing each separate voter.

Matty knows what I'm talking about.

ASPEC. The 2NC flow is littered with trivial voting issues that can be expounded upon to an absurd degree if the 1AR extends points without individually addressing each separate voter.

Matty knows what I'm talking about.

you got my attention. can you explain more? maybe an example?

you got my attention. can you explain more? maybe an example?

Sure. Aff says "2AC clarification is legit." Negative responds with typical "competing interpretations means you should have specified in the 1AC, etc", but I also throw in stuff like "plan text key", "Aff conditionality bad", "plan amendments abusive", and so forth. Tying your opponent's argument into another abstract theory category puts them in a difficult position and gives you spinoff impacts that you can win with even if you lose the original ground arguments from the 1NC.