jmiller

2009 Tournament of Champions

I'd be interested in hearing what went down in the new trier v. westminster round, if anyone doesn't mind posting.

Also WOOOO ROSS GORDON!!!!

edit:

Fullerton ran an aff amending CAFE standards to require SUV owners to to meet the same fuel economy standards as passenger vehicles.

Colleyville ran a Swine Flu Politics Disad, T - Pos, a Command and Control CP, and an Anthropocentrism K. They went for Anthro K, and Fullerton went for the permutation in the 2NR.

I obviously wasn't there and have no idea how these arguments were run, but it seems like the anthro K and the swine flu disad might conceptually contradict each other? Just a little bit?

Edited by earendil

I'd be interested in hearing what went down in the new trier v. westminster round, if anyone doesn't mind posting.

edit:

I obviously wasn't there and have no idea how these arguments were run, but it seems like the anthro K and the swine flu disad might conceptually contradict each other? Just a little bit?

multiple worlds maybe?

• Downvote 2

Westminster went for a transmission disad and ptc counterplan for clean coal. The disad was about overloading the power grid which undermines the economy due to blackouts etc - clean coal has an infrastructure that can be quickly adopted and fit into given that we have the tech now. Plan tied up capital funds for investment.

It's a rematch of NDCA semis.

The curse of the NDCA is that whoever wins it loses in the finals of the TOC. So we kinda know how that round will end. Or maybe they'll end the curse...

so does anyone have a camera who is going to/allowed to record the westminster vs damien round-if so that would be awesome

Seriously, this.

i dont know who you are-but i think your username is rcbaldwin-you said you are recording outrounds-can you watch/record semis

The curse of the NDCA is that whoever wins it loses in the finals of the TOC. So we kinda know how that round will end. Or maybe they'll end the curse...

Ummm...no. GDS wasn't in finals in 06. In 08, the final round was to be between St Marks and Colleyville, but I don't know if it was ever held.

At this point, fuck the laws of jefferson county. I want to see that round in video.

ITS NOT JEFFERSON COUNTY ITS FAYETTE

ITS NOT JEFFERSON COUNTY ITS FAYETTE

whatever-you know what he means

but anyways-so theres no one that can record this even with like a laptop-just sound-anything