jmiller

2009 Tournament of Champions

28 days left until the 2009 TOC.

I'll be in Kentucky again this year providing all the same service gaforensics provided the community last year. Except this year our coverage has it's own site- toc.bluetubd.com

Here at bluetub, we’re trying to make this Tournament of Champions the absolute best for everyone. What does this include?

- Round by Round Scouting [similar to the NDT]

- More pictures than anyone has time to look through [similar to NDT pictures]

- Complete Record Information [similar to last years]

- Argument Intel Page [ not cites, just argument titles]

- Live video feeds

- Interviews with top coaches and debaters

- Electronic postings of everything

- Twitter-ing everything

- And MORE!

This is only possible with the help of you! We CANNOT do TOC Coverage by ourselves. We are looking for people who are attending with their teams or just to watch to help us out - if you are attending, please shoot me an email at jmiller [at] gaforensics [dot] com

Since this year’s topic is all about incentives, I will include some incentives if you do join the TOC coverage army- they’ll be secret incentives however.

Look forward to seeing your emails!

EDIT: We're looking for people from every region! I would love to have a representative help us from every state! We currently have people from Illinois, Wisconsin, Alabama, Georgia, and Utah! Add your state today!

Edited by jmiller

- Round by Round Scouting [similar to the NDT]

- More pictures than anyone has time to look through [similar to NDT pictures]

- Complete Record Information [similar to last years]

- Argument Intel Page [ not cites, just argument titles]

- Live video feeds

- Electronic postings of everything

This would all be very nice.

28 days left until the 2009 TOC.

EDIT: We're looking for people from every region! I would love to have a representative help us from every state! We currently have people from Illinois, Wisconsin, Alabama, Georgia, and Utah! Add your state today!

Yay alabama that's me!

Just got some news that Pairings Hot off the Presses from the Tab Room will be available on THE TOC SCOREBOARD every round.

Stay tuned to that website for the most up to date coverage on the TOC.

It sounds like I may have a small contingent at the TOC that will be avaliable for doing some coverage work. I would only say that we might work on our own schedule...

Reminder:

Judge Prefs are available on joyoftournaments and need to be completed by April 30 at noon eastern time.

At MINIMUM EACH TEAM NEEDS:

75 ROUNDS of 1

75 ROUNDS of 2

75 ROUNDS of 3

38 ROUNDS of 4

38 ROUNDS of 5 [all judge conflicts go here]

ALL THE REST are 6's

st mark's isn't going. the school canceled all sponsored events due to the swine flu.

thanks all you guys and gals for some great times in h.s. debate, i'm going to ut-austin next year and will hope to debate many of you again! ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

st mark's isn't going. the school canceled all sponsored events due to the swine flu.

thanks all you guys and gals for some great times in h.s. debate, i'm going to ut-austin next year and will hope to debate many of you again! ;)

<3 you and miles

that is absolute bullshit

one love honey bunny, stay strong

• Downvote 1

<3 you and miles

that is absolute bullshit

one love honey bunny, stay strong

I posted this to the NDCA List Serv today as well as posted it on bluetub - however just to let everyone know what we're about this weekend:

Two days until the Tournament of Champions begin in Lexington!

Some of you are aware of the TOC Scoreboard we put up in mid-March. That site (toc.bluetubd.com) will be a prime location this weekend for all your TOC news. Although we are mainly policy coverage, I will try and sneak over to the campuses to provide minor coverage of the events. PFDebate.com and Victory Briefs will probably be providing TOC Coverage of LD & PF.

With the gracious support of jon sharp and Roger Solt, we will have Policy TOC pairings available almost immediately after they are released.

We’ve also received permission from the TOC Tab Room directors to push forward with our intel gathering plans and record sharing. I wanted to take this time and share with you what we have planned for this weekend so we can make this one of the best TOC’s ever.

For intel gathering, we’ve established a crew of almost ten scouts. In an effort to not disrupt prepping or judging, the scouts will not necessarily be asking for cites – more so just argument content details. As of right now, these reports and content details will be posted here: http://toc.bluetubd.com/argument-headquarters/ and a carbon copy at the NDCA Wiki.

Our idea is that if a coach sees something they want cites to, they can email the respective coach and/or leave a comment on the blog and we can get cites for the specific argument posted to the NDCA wiki as soon as possible.

If you have scouts attending the TOC, we’d love their information as well and if they could shoot me an email at jmiller [at] gaforensics [dot] com – we’d all appreciate it.

For record sharing, we will be continuing what I started last year and consolidating a list of records after every round full of every teams wins/losses. Since technology is fantastic and ever increasing, we’re going to try and limit the number of times the crew runs around round by round and asks. We will be using Twitter to help us save time / energy. After watching Andy Ellis use Twitter for NDT Coverage- I realized how great a tool it can be.

We will be posting a little how to guide to Twitter hopefully later this afternoon- essentially you will need a log in name and you can set up your device options to send you updates via text messaging (standard rates apply) or just follow the web for the constant updates. The main twitter we will be using this weekend is based at: http://twitter.com/bluetub

When using twitter, we ask you to please use the following “hashtag” in your post- “#toc2009.” By using this hashtag, you can then find all TOC related posts at: http://search.twitter.com/search?q=%23toc2009

I will start testing the twitter tomorrow in my approach to Lexington.

We are excited for this weekend as you probably are as well. I will be posting on the twitter our “base” for coverage. If you can’t stop by, I’ll be that guy in the bluetub shirts every day – just stop me from whatever I’m doing-- I’d love to meet all of you!

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to shoot me an email- I will be checking the email nonstop all weekend.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Miller

are there going to be videos posted somewhere/

I can almost guarentee they will be up on youtube - the videos cannot be distributed by bluetub or the TOC - Jefferson County law comes first... but I assume the people with videos will make them available on youtube.

I posted this to the NDCA List Serv today as well as posted it on bluetub - however just to let everyone know what we're about this weekend:

i think the argumetn headquarters idea is a great ideaand relly helpful!

I think it should maybe be divided into AFF and NEG sections

if someone wants to seea new aff broken they go to the aff section

for a new k or a neat counter plan they go to the neg section

• Downvote 1

So that's 1 St. Mark's team and 2 MBA teams not attending...

Any word on other schools from "infected" areas? California, Texas...

• Downvote 1

twitter.com/bluetub for the latest team drops/additions.

could you please post the twitter link?