Sign in to follow this  
NANANANA

ATTN: Fort Osage

Yeah, I will post whatever you all need just let me know. No need to trade graduating and not debating in college so I am happy to help.

Oil is a multi-billion dollar business opening ANWR would be like injecting billions into the US economy.

Linhart ‘05

[Zachary, contributor to the Bowdoin Orient, “Drill ANWR for Independence”, August 4th, accessed august 6th]

Some other positive impacts of drilling ANWR are as follows. There would be significant economic impact as companies could invest and get contracts. As seen in the middle east and various parts of the United States, oil drilling is a multi-billion dollar business. Opening ANWR for drilling would be like investing billions into the United States economy. These corporations would create approximately half a million jobs, another economic booster.

ANWR has more than enough oil for the United States’ current needs.

Simmons 07

[Matthew Simmons, Houston energy investment banker, “Twilight of Oil: A Look at the end of Saudi Oil”, March 16th 2007, May 23, 2008]

The environmental community’s claim that ANWR contains only a six months supply of oil is a calculation that assumes the nation has no other source of oil when ANWR oil comes on line, Simmons said. It would not take 10 years to get a big oil find in ANWR into production since the infrastructure is in place, Simmons observed. Working in conjunction with the oil the US imports there is the possibility of up to 20 years of oil consumption.

Animal populations have actually skyrocketed since we began drilling in Alaska

Linhart 05’

[Zachary, contributor to the bowdoin orient, “Drill ANWR for independence”, written august 4th 05, accessed august 6th]

For example, caribou populations have skyrocketed since other oil sites were drilled in Alaska. In addition, with modern technology, oil drilling sites are significantly smaller that they have been in the past. The footprint of the rigs would be insignificant compared to the vastness of the region.

Oh man, Pem Hill you will all learn some tact eventually. Creativity is the spice of life...so ANWR=Spice of Life. If there was one team that I was ever scared to hit it would be you guys. Not because I didn't want to lose, just because I know that when I did lose not only would our squad be taunted at large but i would have to hear about those smug nannies. The point is there a few kids that I find are great on your squad but vast majority are intellectual Stalins.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh man, Pem Hill you will all learn some tact eventually. Creativity is the spice of life...so ANWR=Spice of Life. If there was one team that I was ever scared to hit it would be you guys. Not because I didn't want to lose, just because I know that when I did lose not only would our squad be taunted at large but i would have to hear about those smug nannies. The point is there a few kids that I find are great on your squad but vast majority are intellectual Stalins.

sorry if my stab at humor was misinterpreted, all too often the intellectual Stalin inside of me takes reigns. The comment was meant in the same respectful smack talk that proliferates other sports like basketball and football, i would hope that our entire team's image has not somehow been spoiled by an overly rude joke

Edited by machiavellimeetschristmas
typo
  • Downvote 1