Pinky02

2009 NDT

the other towson team was, cl was the 6th overall.

If Towson JM was the 27th seed, they would have closed out doubles. Towson JM was the 29th seed because they debated the 4 seed, Cal BP.

I just used the seeds on the google doc, it's possible there were upsets that made those wrong.

Edit: What Mr. Miller said makes sense, because according to http://www.cross-x.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1696552, Missouri State was 6-1 before round 8, and the twitter page has Towson CL at 5-3 (13 ballots)

Edited by theglobalcowboy

Quarters started at 1:15pm central time. There probably are no results yet.

Has anyone noted the strangeness of Houstonians in the NDT:

Whitaker

Avidan

Cholera

Schwabb

Miller

Paone

...others?

Obviously, other cities have more representation, but clearly there is a disconnect between talent and high school circuit strength versus college debate performance. At least anecdotally, it seems like there's strong talent in Houston that gets underinvested during the high school years.

Huh? Could you explain what you mean a little better? I recognize several names on that list (I coached in Virginia) and remember them as being some of the most consistent award winners on the national circuit -certainly Schwabb and Cholera....what are you actually trying to say?

• Downvote 1

Whitaker

Avidan

Cholera

Schwabb

Miller

Paone

...others?

Obviously, other cities have more representation, but clearly there is a disconnect between talent and high school circuit strength versus college debate performance. At least anecdotally, it seems like there's strong talent in Houston that gets underinvested during the high school years.

Its all the DJ Screw and his delicious lean

also when did/do semis start?

• Downvote 1

Whitaker

Avidan

Cholera

Schwabb

Miller

Paone

...others?

This isn't true, the Houston circuit was far stronger less than a decade ago, with teams which were very successful and were in outrounds of the TOC such as Galveston Ball, Clear Lake, Kinkaid, Crosby, Woodlands, Katy Taylor, and perhaps others. It has declined in recent years.

cal goes for agriculture ecofem k in block

i take it you're there alex?

and if so mind letting us know as soon as there's a decision?

Whitaker

Avidan

Cholera

Schwabb

Miller

Paone

...others?

If you are suggesting these people didnt experience success in high school you would be badly mistaken. I believe Ralph and Chipp both led the country in TOC bids in their senior years, different years obviously. I think that Chipp had 13 if memory serves. Kuntal and Chipp were very successful together.

Jamie