taytortot

Rocky Mountain South District

Okay, sounds good. I haven't really seen any Bear Creek or Standley Lake teams out and about lately (although that might be because they're not in our state quals district)...anyone know if either team is, in fact, planning on bringing a team?

I believe both Bear Creek and Standley Lake had 1 team apiece at State Quals back in February. I cannot speak for them, but I suspect there will be teams representing both the Bears and the Gators.

SLA- Stephen Lurie Academy

will be bringing the needed two teams.

that is all

i hear that these kids are beasts at debate, both teams have at least three bids. i debated them once and they killed me. they read 25 off then went on case. it was epic.

Anyway good luck to all

• Downvote 1

Will we have ten teams for our nat quals? I will personally try to ensure that East has four teams...

We got snowed out of our qualifier, if everything falls into place we will end up coming. We'll bring four.

Hey Bryce! I'm glad to hear you guys will get the chance to qualify in another district. Keep me updated on how you do! Represent for Wyo haha

I am so confused.

What's going on in this district, what schools are in it? (wyoming??)

Edited by AndydaGuy

It would seem that worland high school is coming to the Rocky Mtn South district because last weekend they were supposed to have their own district. That weekend there was a big snow storm and they got snowed in. their district went ahead with the qualifier. so i guess NFL said they could go to this district.

Interesting solution. I am not quite sure it is the best option though. Is there not another wyoming district to compete in? could there be some other way of sorting out this type of problem? I hope this doesn't cost people in Rocky South a spot they deserve... not to say worland doesnt deserve the spot.

i think there are only two wyo districts, hole in the wall and wind river. both have already happened.

i think this will make it rather interesting for East and GW but worland deserves a chance.

I just posted this in the Wind River district thread, but yes Worland will be going to a Colorado nat qual tournament. I'm not sure which one, I just know it's the weekend of the 18th. Worland would have gone to the other Wyoming district, but both tournaments were the same weekend. The really ironic thing about all of this is Green River prom was the same weekend as districts, so Sapp and White from Worland ended up coming down friday morning anyways.... and made it just fine. It sucks they couldn't compete; we had a ball at prom though.

Interesting solution. I am not quite sure it is the best option though. Is there not another wyoming district to compete in? could there be some other way of sorting out this type of problem? I hope this doesn't cost people in Rocky South a spot they deserve... not to say worland doesnt deserve the spot.

There isnt another qualifier in Wyoming, or in any other state bordering Wyoming. As far as spots go, please understand it isnt our intention to come to Colorado to spring some squirrely affs on you and screw you out of your trip to nats. We're not coming because we think we'll have a better chance of winning (in fact the exact opposite is true, I'm sure the competition will be exponentially more stiff) We are coming because our only other choice is to end the season without the tournament we worked all year to compete in.

I wouldnt say anyone "deserves" a spot. I would say everyone deserves a chance to compete.

• Upvote 1

To Worland:

If you all are coming to Golden for Rocky Mountain South, we'd certainly welcome you. However, I wonder if perhaps you're actually planning to compete at the Rocky Mountain North district? RMN and RMS have similar names, so they're easy to get confused.

The reason I ask is because RMN is this weekend (closer to Wind River) and geographically much closer to Wyoming. If so, you'd be competing against Ft. Collins, Rocky Mountain, Poudre and the Greeley schools as opposed to the RMS schools, which are Denver and Jefferson County Schools.

To Worland:

If you all are coming to Golden for Rocky Mountain South, we'd certainly welcome you. However, I wonder if perhaps you're actually planning to compete at the Rocky Mountain North district? RMN and RMS have similar names, so they're easy to get confused.

The reason I ask is because RMN is this weekend (closer to Wind River) and geographically much closer to Wyoming. If so, you'd be competing against Ft. Collins, Rocky Mountain, Poudre and the Greeley schools as opposed to the RMS schools, which are Denver and Jefferson County Schools.

Yeah for clarification we (Worland) would have gone to RMN but our prom is the same weekend and our Seniors didn't want to miss their senior prom. Sorry for any confusion!

Edited by demon803

This is a rather interesting question and I'm not entirely sure but I heard one of members of Worland competed at Wind River because he went there early. If so, not trying to sound bad, but rule wise since your team technically has competed already are you still able to?

This is a rather interesting question and I'm not entirely sure but I heard one of members of Worland competed at Wind River because he went there early. If so, not trying to sound bad, but rule wise since your team technically has competed already are you still able to?

The decision is still up in the air on this by one of the forensics Big Cheeses. I believe (hope) that the decision he reaches will be to allow our team to compete at RMS, minus the kid who has already competed at Wind River. Speaking of Wind River... If they can get two qualifiers when they only had seven teams, surely the rules can be bent enough for us in return.

Yeah the entire situation is really an confusing one. We had a student congress kid go with a different team who was competing on thursday because student congress was being held the day before everything else and he is the only one on our team that seriously wanted to do student congress. That team couldn't make it to the tournament thursday because of the roads to the tournament and had to stay the night before heading there in the morning. Worland was planning on heading down there Thursday after school but every road heading there was closed or had no unneccesary travel. So the one kid who had competed was at the Wind River district tournament with another team and without any of our coaches or any other team members present. It was virtually impossible for Worland to make the tournament. So we had 1 kid debate in L D. and he was not there representing Worland he was only competing because he came down with another team who left early and were able to make it there before the roads were dubbed closed. I hope this clarifys a few things but the entire situation is unfortunate and hopefully it gets resolved with positive results but at present time it's not looking good for us.