Sign in to follow this  
Elijah4President

TTT Project

Why is everyone convinced that Pembroke and Greenwood are the only good teams in missouri?

I too encountered difficult and undoubtedly superior opposition through my struggles in hyrule: large-cycloptic spider creatures, the King Dodongo in his lava filled cavern at the base of Goron Mountain, Jabu-Jabu the evil whale figure, and of course the Evil Ganondorf. I am new to this debate circuit but by the sounds of it these teams seems to share many traits with Ganondorf. Both are powerful, evil and greatly successful at this event you all call debate.

A word of advice to you, Grand Master Selkies: the light arrows and master sword are critical to defeating such a worthy adversary. You should wander the local dugeons or temples of time in hopes of locating such sacred and mighty objects...following the flow also helps.

Edited by linkfromhyrule
lolz
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What makes you great at debate? just winning a bunch of tournies? Seems to me we know people like wes are good debaters, but his trophy case is probably light this year.

It was greenwood and us that were the continuing teams from missouri at nationals last year.

Arent you the one who was complaining about the neg reps? lolz maybe your time is better spent on the world of warcraft fan forum that crusing the cross-x.

• Downvote 1

well mike the way that i measure success in high school debate is the ability to get out of this awful state and do well. in that regard pembroke and greenwood have been the only good teams in the state. their superior results to mine in that regard tell me they are likely better than me and im fine with that. how did gbrooks go for you again?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I think you mis-interpreted my post wes, it was a compliment. it didnt go so well, nationals did though.

• Downvote 2

I think you mis-interpreted my post wes, it was a compliment. it didnt go so well, nationals did though.

Mike, how often do you go fishing for compliments and come up dry? If I remember correctly (which I do, because I just went back and checked the thread) Louie wrote you guys a wonderful, long congratulatory post about nationals last year (after everyone else in the community congratulated you on breaking) and you spit it back in his face by saying "mehhhr he didn't really prep us that much".

People say congratulations to Greenwood and Pembroke a lot because they do great on the national circuit. Getting bids and being in bid rounds is no small feat. People haven't congratulated you on nationals in the last couple of months because it was last summer and it seems kind of strange. I'm not saying that you have to do well on the national circuit to be respected as a debater. Teams like Central and Parkview are also well respected, and they don't travel out of the state much either. Even Greenwood (back in the day) didn't travel. Fuck, both Greenwood and Pembroke also own at Missouri tournaments. These teams do great at tournaments, but I don't see them parading around demanding respect.

I don't know anything about your season or you except you qualified to nationals (you had to tell everyone 10 times) again this year. Seriously, congratulations. I only did it once so doing it twice (or more, again, I don't know) is... twice as good?

Just an FYI- you did great at nationals last year, but you know what? Greenwood did better. I haven't seen a single post from Sarah or I demanding to be recognized for such. If you need someone to stroke your ego, do it in a way that at least doesn't put other teams down.

P.S. I heart Wes Rumbaugh- MO State FTW.

Edited by KatieFred
makes more sense
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Okay, it just seems what i said isnt getting interpreted like I intended. Apologies to Pem hill and Greenwood, you are among some of the best teams in missouri, as well as the nation.

• Downvote 1

These teams do great at tournaments, but I don't see them parading around demanding respect.

lol "cough", i heart mike.

• Downvote 2