Sign in to follow this  
siegby

Florida Debate

I was wondering how Florida debate is, specifically in Panama City.

I live in Missouri, and the style there is heavily lay oriented, with only the better teams even knowing how to debate in other ways.

So yeah, common judge paradigms, what is valued, good schools, etc etc would be great to know!

Thanks.

I live in Missouri, and the style there is heavily lay oriented, with only the better teams even knowing how to debate in other ways.

So yeah, common judge paradigms, what is valued, good schools, etc etc would be great to know!

Thanks.

There are great times in Florida that have been showing up all year pretty well at national tournaments. However, it seems that there is a lack unity in the Florida circuit and sometimes judges are highly unqualified. Despite the negatives there are still great teams and coaches in the abundance of the "bad" ones. Tampa Prep, Berkeley Prep, Palmetto, Columbus, my school (Fort Lauderdale). All of these schools make up the unity in policy debate in Florida. Although there are competitive teams the speech side of debate is heavily emphasized and has been for years which is why it is so hard to find an abundance of coaches who are experienced and able to flow in a "national style round". Panama City = I am very uneducated about debate there all I know is that it takes alot to debate in Florida because the best practice comes from out of the state or at the state tournament so one has to be consistently motivated by external factors whether it be a the team or individual coaches.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks.

There are three debate teams in the Panhandle of Florida: Niceville HS, Choctahawtchie HS (sp?), and Ft. Walton Beach. There used to be teams at Godby, Leon, Maclay, and Pensacola; however those teams are no longer with us. There is a college policy debate team at FSU that could probably help you out if you were to try and build your own team.

you will go 0-7 at the TOC tyler

good luck (_8^(|)

:Kn:

And you wont be at the TOC

good luck...home

• Downvote 1

Guest fizelly27
And you wont be at the TOC

good luck...home

U dont even know who i am - I qualled to the TOC and will be going there

Why can't we get along on the Florida circuit?

U dont even know who i am - I qualled to the TOC and will be going there

Funny thing about that lie is that all the Florida teams qualled to the TOC have the legitimacy to not be so immature and negative on an online forum in response to a positive inquiry. Even the ones who weren't lucky enough to qual aren't as asinine as you ;).

In all sincerity, good luck next year though.

• Upvote 2

Funny thing about that lie is that all the Florida teams qualled to the TOC have the legitimacy to not be so immature and negative on an online forum in response to a positive inquiry. Even the ones who weren't lucky enough to qual aren't as asinine as you ;).

Always classy mr. washington.

I am fairly sure that it was ur team mate who initiated the negativity in this forum.

• Downvote 1

Good luck at the TOC Melvin

I agree too much hostility on the Florida Debate Circuit

Y dont we just agree that Douglas, Pine Crest, Gulliver, and Carrolton also make up a major part of the Florida circuit, in addition to the teams that Tyler indicated.

I apologize for not listing all the schools that make up the Florida circuit and in actuality I was only trying to help one that was interested in joining this select community. The teams that I did not name are indeed vital and shape the Florida debate community as we now know it and in no way do I dislike them in fact I hold alot of the debators and coaches in high esteem. I have always been pretty chill with every one as most people around the circuit and I do regret this thread got a little hostile. In frustration I stooped to a level below common decency so I hope yanksfan that you do indeed have a great year next year.

Good luck at the TOC Melvin

I agree too much hostility on the Florida Debate Circuit

Y dont we just agree that Douglas, Pine Crest, Gulliver, and Carrolton also make up a major part of the Florida circuit, in addition to the teams that Tyler indicated.

agreed

Update (not that it's entirely too relevant anymore):

I might attend Rutherford in Panama City, but debate with Niceville. I talked to their coach and he mentioned that they don't have any policy teams, and that I'd be welcome to try and establish one.

• Upvote 1

Guest fizelly27
What's up? Everyone ready for next year? Or did everyone who used to post graduate?

Yay poverty topic! I'm pretty happy I don't have to debate this topic and pretty upset that I'm going to have to judge you people on this topic. Seriously, if anybody reads Gilligan in front of me negative 18 speaks,

On a more serious note, good luck to the debaters left on the florida HS circuit. If you ever need any help you can always ask me and I'll probably bitch and complain and then cut some cards/do whatever you wanted me to do.

Yay poverty topic! I'm pretty happy I don't have to debate this topic and pretty upset that I'm going to have to judge you people on this topic. Seriously, if anybody reads Gilligan in front of me negative 18 speaks,

On a more serious note, good luck to the debaters left on the florida HS circuit. If you ever need any help you can always ask me and I'll probably bitch and complain and then cut some cards/do whatever you wanted me to do.

ask, hes money/

Edited by homiejon69