patriotsdebate

Best in Idaho

Haha shit i dont know if this nickname is a good thing or bad...No i cant sing haha. So i should get a red sweater for debate tourneys is what your saying weedon? That would go well with my red hair =P

I'm sick of dressing up at these things...especially when we've got 4 rounds after school Friday without elims...

What's the point of putting on a suit...

false, you wear sweater vests.

True, but i have been told numerous times that those are not appropriate attire...

Is that how they are doing it this year? 4 rounds friday after school and no elims? What the hell is the point in even debating then?

I just got off the phone with my coach to confirm this, and it's most certainly true...for the east side.

Our tournaments will be 4 rounds, on saturdays, without elims (until Blacksnake). This means the Hillcrest Joust has ceased to exist.

Also, Boise will continue to have full tournaments, so my team has opted to travel over there twice during this "pre-season."

Finally, I proposed to my coach that each school in the east who wishes to enters their top team in a seperate round robin division at select tournaments, while the rest compete in open during these weekends...That decision would be made in September, so hopefully we'll get some good debates out of this.

I just got off the phone with my coach to confirm this, and it's most certainly true...for the east side.

Our tournaments will be 4 rounds, on saturdays, without elims (until Blacksnake). This means the Hillcrest Joust has ceased to exist.

Also, Boise will continue to have full tournaments, so my team has opted to travel over there twice during this "pre-season."

Finally, I proposed to my coach that each school in the east who wishes to enters their top team in a seperate round robin division at select tournaments, while the rest compete in open during these weekends...That decision would be made in September, so hopefully we'll get some good debates out of this.

Thanks for the info hunter. So basically its just show up debate 4 rounds leave? No awards? No difference between going 0-4 or 4-0 besides the marks on the ballots? Thats seriously the gayest thing i've ever heard. Why in the hell would they do that? ok cut speech if you want but for gods sake if you not having speech you should have plenty of time for elim rounds.

Thanks for the info hunter. So basically its just show up debate 4 rounds leave? No awards? No difference between going 0-4 or 4-0 besides the marks on the ballots? Thats seriously the gayest thing i've ever heard. Why in the hell would they do that? ok cut speech if you want but for gods sake if you not having speech you should have plenty of time for elim rounds.

i for one will miss speech, it provided some leisurely fun that broke up the monotony of rounds. If anything speech would have made no elims just a little more bearable.

It's not a matter of time. At all. It's a matter of cutting costs at every corner, which somehow translated to taking away elims. Honestly though, if they implement a round-robin "champ" division, all of us represent the top teams from our schools, what more do you want?

I'll miss speech as well, and I'll relish those Boise tournaments at which I can do extemp again...

But seriously, if you're only complaining because your wins show up as ballot marks and not scrawny hunks of plastic, you're doing debate for the wrong reasons.

Hunter you have no idea. Those scrawny hunks of plastic you refer to mean less to me than a handfull of dirt. My family owns a trophy shop, i've been building trophies since i was 5. i could care less about them. But i guess a "champ" division would be pretty sweet, even though we would get raped by you and kaizer and...idk who else is debating

My family owns a trophy shop, i've been building trophies since i was 5. i could care less about them.

That's pretty cool. No doubt.

Haha it kinda ruins any competitive thing i do that thats what you get for awards though because its just like woo another trophy i only built 100 of them today.

• Downvote 1

So there aren't outrounds any more in the East? This honestly makes no sense to me. I suppose the "champ" division would solve the higher quality aspect of those rounds, but I highly doubt the coaches will agree to that. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Idaho debate is so frustrating.

i like to use my whitman plate-trophy as a frisbee :)

I like using my Whitman Jim Hanson frisbee that I got from the WNDI tournament last year as a frisbee

So there aren't outrounds any more in the East? This honestly makes no sense to me. .

Until January 1...

I like using my Whitman Jim Hanson frisbee that I got from the WNDI tournament last year as a frisbee

Nice post!

Nice post!

I try to be a productive member of the community. Add to discussions and stuff, you know. Do my part. I really consider that to be my calling in life.

Why until then?

The coaches decided it would be best economically to start the regular season in January, and have anything prior be considered "preseason tournaments" with the features we've already discussed.

The coaches decided it would be best economically to start the regular season in January, and have anything prior be considered "preseason tournaments" with the features we've already discussed.

Yet the schools cut no corners whatsoever when it comes to football, basketball, baseball, or most other activities that will take kids nowhere in the future.