JaredFanning

Hole In the Wall District

I know east will be sending 4 teams.

Berry/Fanning

Swartz/Bergene

Deville/Crane?

Macklin/Mcmillion

I heard we have enough teams to qual 2 for nationals. I look forward to seeing everyone at LCCC.

we will send 3

Mock/Sorenson

Gengozian/Talcott

and idk yet on the 3rd team

• Upvote 1

Unfortunatley my partner had to do some stupid things at state and he won't be allowed to go to districts. So central will be taking 0 teams. :mad: I do plan on watching a couple of rounds tho...

EDIT: Due to the circumstances, Central will be sending Gondalia and Bowie. I'm not even joking. Now you guys will be able to qualify two.

So that makes East's 4

Gillete's 3

Central's 1

Newcastle's 2

That makes 10

Rumor also has it that buffalo is bringing 1. or is that just a rumor?

Edited by Aristo

So we Have 10:

East:

Berry/Fanning

Swartz/Bergene

Deville/Crane

Macklin/Mcmillion

Gillette:

Bradley/Wadsack

Mock/Sorenson

Gengozian/Talcott

Newcastle:

Cleverdon/Patel

?/?

Central:

Bowie/Gondolia

Correct me if im wrong. Hope to see you all tomorrow!

3-0- gillette Mock Sorrenson

2-1- Berry/Fanning- East

Swartz/Bergene-East

Patel/Cleverdon- Newcastle

Zamora/Kringlie- Newcastle

Talcott/Gongozian- Gillette

Edited by psych

3-1

Gillette- Mock/Sorrenson

Newcastle- Zamora/Kringlie

East-Fanning/Berry

East- Swartz/Bergene

Out-

Newcastle- Patel/Cleverdon

Gillette- Talcott/Gengozian

Congrats! Jared, Ben, Jon, and Bergene (sorry i don't know your first name) but you guys did a good job.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Talcott, good luck in congress. Thank you to everyone who competed at LCCC. We greatly appreciate it especially since we got to qualify two teams for nationals from our district. Also thank you to all the judges this tournament wouldn't have gone on without all the help and makeup rounds we had to catch up on. Also thank you kaiser and Mckenna debating you two, two rounds in a row was tough. Great competition.

Congratulations to East for the close-out =D We should think about doing some practice debates together if at all possible for nats.

• Upvote 2

Thanks everyone and for clarification Bergene's first name would be Pete. Well Peter but only his mom calls him that. Hope everyone had a good time I certainly did. Thanks to Newcastle both teams who put up a good debate and I apologize to Newcastle to for switching cases 30 minutes before the last round. Got to do what you got to do though so I guess the strategy worked.

Also thank you all judges and participants without any one of you we would have not been able to qualify two so thank you guys so much.

• Upvote 1

My round was Bergene/Me and Zamora/Kringle(?)

1A (Me) - 1AC plasma.

1N (Kringle) - All on case solvency on incineration and a little on landfills.

2A (Bergene) - Answers to all the on case solvency and landfills then an add-on advantage.

2N (Zamora) - Plan Press thing, then preferly talked about solvency.

1NR - Extends Solvency and Landfills.

1AR - Answers plan press, solvency, and landfills with a brief underview.

2NR - Talks mainly about plan press and where to vote.

2AR - Wraps up the debate like he always does.

Thanks Talcott, good luck in congress. Thank you to everyone who competed at LCCC. We greatly appreciate it especially since we got to qualify two teams for nationals from our district. Also thank you to all the judges this tournament wouldn't have gone on without all the help and makeup rounds we had to catch up on. Also thank you kaiser and Mckenna debating you two, two rounds in a row was tough. Great competition.

why did you have to debate them twice in a row? why didn't the two east teams just switch opponents?

Districts isn't run with the precedence that if two teams have hit each other they won't hit each other again. Each new Districts round is sort of like a blank slate, except for the fact that undefeated teams get whichever side they are "due" (aff or neg) above evryone else.

The only reason I know this is because at last year's Wind River District, I hit the same team three times in a row. And at this year's district we hit Powell OS twice in a row and Tiff and Kacey hit Cody twice in a row. And so we looked it up in the manual, and that's what it says =)

Edited by zerobetold
  • Upvote 1

why did you have to debate them twice in a row? why didn't the two east teams just switch opponents?

We had hit both teams in finals. Jon had not yet hit that Newastle team. You must debate the team you have never hit before you debate the same team twice. Therefor we debated Gillette Twice.

1AC(Fanning)- Animal Waste

1NC(Mock)- T- non traditional, Coal DA, Biz Con DA, Hydrogen Sulfide DA

2AC(Berry)- Answers everything, extends that they concede all of case

2NC(Sorrenson)- All on case

1NR- All off

1AR- Evertything

2NR- tried to take everything

2AR- excellent job took everything

2-1 decision Aff