Dominordrian

The War Machine

okay, because I'm new to the Debrix scene, can you fill me in on the above D+G and the difference between the capitalization of the two?

You've got it sir, if you want some cards to work with I'll give you a hand on that.

could i see a table of contents? so i know what parts i should try to cut it into... i still don't understand the aff=tabloid geopolitics link

• Downvote 1

i didnt know that was online.. someone on my varsity team gave it to me

You, as a novice, were going to give away a 250-page file that you assumed your varsity kids cut in exchange for a K that you don't even understand?

That's solidarity right there.

Okay, aff = tabloid geopolitics.

Tabloid geopolitics are basically the use of media to control how we think, act, and feel. The aff will link every single time because they're using inherency, solvency, and impacts to prove to the judge to think a certain way and vote aff.

Bam.

(This explanation brought to you by the only guy on this forum that understands this K, apparently).

EDIT: Brought to you by the only guy on the forum that understands the K (the most).

Edited by Paper Fork
Accidental Omission
  • Downvote 1

Okay, aff = tabloid geopolitics.

Tabloid geopolitics are basically the use of media to control how we think, act, and feel. The aff will link every single time because they're using inherency, solvency, and impacts to prove to the judge to think a certain way and vote aff.

Bam.

(This explanation brought to you by the only guy on this forum that understands this K, apparently).

EDIT: Brought to you by the only guy on the forum that understands the K (the most).

The alternative?

Expose the War Machine and Act in unplanned events to cancel out any Tabloid Geopolitics.

Ex= If someone stole the ballot in round (to prove events as suprise)and then given it back to the judge.

Expose the War Machine and Act in unplanned events to cancel out any Tabloid Geopolitics.

Ex= If someone stole the ballot in round (to prove events as suprise)and then given it back to the judge.

Were you the one who did this at NFL quals?

No that's Conner, Paper Fork, he kept saying if chaz woulda came back, Conner would have conceded the round

So go crazy, basically? I'm wondering what this actually solves. It seems like anything implications of tabloid geopolitics would just be recreated in other ways by people doing whatever the hell they want all the time.

No, no no. It doesn't mean act crazily. The alt is to replace sublime events (events that influence action, feelings, and feelings) with events-as-surprise (which are different than surprise events. Events-as-surprise are basically events that are not tabloided with specific meaning or connotation. Like instead of having the media skew the war in Iraq one way or another, they would give the people just the straight facts and allow us to make our own realizations.

Such things as letters to the editors are devoid of the sublime (most of the time) because they are normally fact. There are always exceptions, of course. Data tables, or a person giving you the facts through dialogue is an example of events as surprise.

Allow us all to see the event as the event stamps it, instead of tinting it all with presuppositions as to how it should be really said, how the "American people WANT to see it".

Dominic...Cwess...

I hate tO be that guy, but i hate your kritik. The alt is just so terrible. How in the world is briNging about an awareness of The War Machine supposed to change eveRyone's mindset? Alternatives have to do something. And yours doesn't.

'Sup guys?

I disagree sir!

There are plenty of Kritiks that do nothing. Infact... I haven't found a Kritik that does anything this year.

But in all respects you have to remember two things about our debate with the War Machine.

1. Gaites worked the Alt in the wrong way trying to claim global solvency

2. The War Machine's Alternative only really effects Critical Affs, and normal affs could argue against it fairly well (see Cwess on that explanation)

It's a security K with good threat con cards and a butler alt. I would advise recutting the camp file- the tags are absurdly long and the 1NC alternative is not nearly as good as the other one in the book.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I actually do have a War Machine K from the africa topic. Its ok.

Considering that Debrix wrote the book last year, after camp, I'm assuming you're referencing D&G, not Tabloid Geopolitics.

And congrats for bumping a 2 month old thread.

what is the main author of this kritik..

so i have a fair chance of looking it up and cutting the cards myself

Debrix