dhanson

NCAA Tourny Champ

Who will win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship?

• UConn
    • North Carolina
    • Memphis
    • Pittsburgh
    • Oklahoma
    • Louisville
    • Duke
    • Michigan State
    • Kansas
    • Wake Forest
    • LSU
    • Missouri
    • Washington
    • Gonzaga
    • Marquette
    • Villanova
    • UCLA
    • Xavier
    • Clemson
    • Purdue

I don't think UNC gets to the final 4. They've shown they can be beaten if they run into a scoring guard... and in order to get to the final 4 theyre gonna have to go through at least one or 2 of those. I like MSU, Wake, Louisville, and Pitt for now. And Teague for MOP of the final 4.

1. UNC has trouble against more than just shooting guards

2. They seemingly choose when they play great on ball defense. I was impressed with their ability to hold scheyer and gerald henderson to something like 14 pts each, yet again duke isnt really a team thats going to allow one on one offensive matchups to be taken advantage of for too long.

3. The reason they are a top 4 kind of team is their in the pain production. Thats being able to rotate effectively (not necessarily quickly) and get defensive rebounds/putbacks. Sooner or later running into a team thats getting hot from behind the arc is going to kill you (the BC is a great example of such...and maryland was just a great matchup for them) but in the long run this teams fine as long as they can play offense, and they'll only be able to do that if ty lawson is healthy.

this team can win it all, but sherron collins is no danny manning, and if i were a kansas fan i would be offended at that comparison

ah man talk about misinterpreting. sherron is NOTHING like danny manning, i'm fully aware of this, all i'm saying is that if sherron is on, he can get teammates involved and knock down the shots that can keep kansas in the tournament. If sherron is off, kansas loses--PERIOD. the only similarity that sherron and danny have are that they are both vitally important to the team. if danny had been off, ku would have lost, just like if sherron is off ku will lose. my statement was merely that if ku were to win the title it would be because sherron channeled danny manning for those 6 games--and that as a fan i have to believe that he is able to do that. I did not mean to try and compare sherron with danny manning

even if sherron is on, kansas can still lose

yes, even if sherron is on, ku can lose, but if he's not on, ku loses period..... what's so hard to get about this?

as a kansas fan i have to believe that sherron can get hot 6 straight games and we can run it. is ku unbeatable if sherron is on? no, but ku becomes infinitely better when he is. will ku win a single game in the tournament if sherron is off? i'd pick north dakota state over us if sherron isn't on.

yes, even if sherron is on, ku can lose, but if he's not on, ku loses period..... what's so hard to get about this?

as a kansas fan i have to believe that sherron can get hot 6 straight games and we can run it. is ku unbeatable if sherron is on? no, but ku becomes infinitely better when he is. will ku win a single game in the tournament if sherron is off? i'd pick north dakota state over us if sherron isn't on.

The problem with this analysis is it doesnt consider how sherron is "on" For instance Ive seen him be on from beyond the three point line (oklahoma at oklahoma) amazing shooting display. Ive also seen him be on off the dribble (Mizzou in lawrence) where he's possibly the best in the big 12 at doing so. However I have yet to see him really have a defense really off balance between the two the way a levance fields and tyrese rice etc can. These teams are unbeatable when their leader is on b/c they force the defense to make second half adjustments to contain their #1 guard, Sherron (with the exception of only a few games) doesnt really change the gameplan, maybe a double when he drives to the paint (which usually seems to make hiim turnover the ball) and hes not as effective anymore.

Cole Aldrich on the other hand seems to control what a defense has to do, when he disappears offensively it becomes easy for the opposing defense to focus on guys like collins and taylor and if theyre having a 20% shooting night from beyond the arc the 1-3-1 trap and 2-3 are going to eat KS alive which trust me, they'll see a lot of that especially in the first couple of rounds.