dhanson

NCAA Tourny Champ

Who will win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship?

• UConn
    • North Carolina
    • Memphis
    • Pittsburgh
    • Oklahoma
    • Louisville
    • Duke
    • Michigan State
    • Kansas
    • Wake Forest
    • LSU
    • Missouri
    • Washington
    • Gonzaga
    • Marquette
    • Villanova
    • UCLA
    • Xavier
    • Clemson
    • Purdue

pick

_____

if your choice isn't in the top 20, you can post your pick.

Edited by dhanson

i voted for duke, but thats not who i would bet on. that's who i'm rooting for. which appears to be the way people are voting since the jayhawks have three votes..

at the beginning of the season i picked uconn. i still think they're more than capable. given the loss of kemba i'll say i'd lean towards pitt over uconn right now, but uconn's still a close two.

I voted Wake. I don't know why, but after I watched them play volleyball on the glass at Comcast without McFarland, I just have a feeling thats a Final 4 team.

Louisville the team is beast ha final four talent and is well rounded.

i voted for duke, but thats not who i would bet on. that's who i'm rooting for. which appears to be the way people are voting since the jayhawks have three votes..

i'm taken aback by the percentage of people who have voted for KU. don't get me wrong, i love KU, but at the beginning of the year i thought they were a sweet 16 team if they played well during the tournament. they've really come into their own during conference play, but i don't think they're championship caliber this year. give 'em 1 or 2 years to mature.

i think a lower seed will win this year. no way do the four #1 seeds make it to the final 4 again this year.

UNC... If we remember to play defense....

So, who did you vote for then? I don't know if Roy even knows what defense is.

hahahahhaha i voted for unc like the day the poll opened but have been mia for a few days but i still voted for unc,b/c we have at times <select few i might add> actually played D this year...

i'm taken aback by the percentage of people who have voted for KU. don't get me wrong, i love KU, but at the beginning of the year i thought they were a sweet 16 team if they played well during the tournament. they've really come into their own during conference play, but i don't think they're championship caliber this year. give 'em 1 or 2 years to mature.

i think a lower seed will win this year. no way do the four #1 seeds make it to the final 4 again this year.

look at what chris mentioned above. will ku win? highly doubtful. did i pick them? hell yes. what else do you want me to do?

Lemme tell you a story about a KU team that was 12-8, going to miss the tournament.... they finally were able to string some wins together and made the tournament as a 6 seed, but on a roll. They proceeded to make it to the elite 8 where they would almost assuredly face number 1 seed temple... if not for an upset by the K-State wildcats. Given the gift of revenge (having lost to the wildcats earlier in the year), KU advanced to the final 4 as a 6 seed in a year they started off 12-8. Their tournament was over though. Yes, they had the benefit of playing in Kemper Arena, but they were facing Duke who had already come into Allen Fieldhouse and defeated them earlier that year, not to mention the pasting they had received at the hands of duke two years prior in the final four. But miraculously Duke missed some shots, Kansas created turnovers, and waltzed into the Championship game against the Oklahoma Sooners who ALSO had beaten KU during the regular season.... Led by All-American Danny Manning the 6 Seed Kansas Jayhawks won the 1988 title in dramatic fashion after starting 12-8 and planning on visiting the NIT.

Now you're telling me to believe that Sherron Collins can't do what Danny Manning did and carry this team, will this team, of role players to a title? I'm sorry sir, I just can't do it.....

Now you're telling me to believe that Sherron Collins can't do what Danny Manning did and carry this team, will this team, of role players to a title? I'm sorry sir, I just can't do it.....

this team can win it all, but sherron collins is no danny manning, and if i were a kansas fan i would be offended at that comparison

this team can win it all, but sherron collins is no danny manning, and if i were a kansas fan i would be offended at that comparison

yeah, the two have completely different mentalities and playing styles. plus, Kansas, though they have done well with the players that they have, will not make it that far into the tournament.

i don't think they'll make it past the s16 either but i will give them the luck of the draw as being a 2 or 3 seed.

I like sev voted for duke not because i think that they will hand down win the tourney, but bc i will support them even if they had to play the celtics. Anyways, the reason that i dont think that they will win is bc they have no dom. force in the paint, i mean i remember boozer and battier(sp?) And even deng, but since then they have really been a small team. I think they are a possible e 8 team, but i think that U.N.C. as much as i hate them has a pretty good cahnce of winning the dance this year, but i will be fighting them all the way.

comparing danny manning to sherron collins is like ... welll i cant come up with a comparison that would be as silly and dumb as that one.

• Upvote 1

The four best teams in the NCAA right now (this implies that if the tournament were to begin today the teams i think deserve to be in the final four) are UCONN PITT UNC and Wake Forrest. These teams have numerous things in common: bigs that can get up and down the court/depth at the forward position sam young being one of the most (if not the most) under appreciated out of the bunch. All have stellar play at the 1, that is someone who can distribute the ball to the hot hand while getting hot on the offensive side themselves, and lastly all have faced elite eight caliber talent and have won.

Teams that have a good chance of doing some big time damage though include clemson (an elite eight in my book if they can shoot the three consistantly) zaga who always has the perpensity to make it to the elite eight especially with the emergence of Daye and Heytvelt underneath. Also, TX A&M is still a good team, im not sure if theyre elite eightish material but they can give any team a run for it. Maybe they get matched up against a number 4 or 5 and can showcase their talents b/c they have some impressive victories and some semi impressive almost victories on their resume.

The four best teams in the NCAA right now (this implies that if the tournament were to begin today the teams i think deserve to be in the final four) are UCONN PITT UNC and Wake Forrest. These teams have numerous things in common: bigs that can get up and down the court/depth at the forward position sam young being one of the most (if not the most) under appreciated out of the bunch. All have stellar play at the 1, that is someone who can distribute the ball to the hot hand while getting hot on the offensive side themselves, and lastly all have faced elite eight caliber talent and have won.

Teams that have a good chance of doing some big time damage though include clemson (an elite eight in my book if they can shoot the three consistantly) zaga who always has the perpensity to make it to the elite eight especially with the emergence of Daye and Heytvelt underneath. Also, TX A&M is still a good team, im not sure if theyre elite eightish material but they can give any team a run for it. Maybe they get matched up against a number 4 or 5 and can showcase their talents b/c they have some impressive victories and some semi impressive almost victories on their resume.

I don't think UNC gets to the final 4. They've shown they can be beaten if they run into a scoring guard... and in order to get to the final 4 theyre gonna have to go through at least one or 2 of those. I like MSU, Wake, Louisville, and Pitt for now. And Teague for MOP of the final 4.