patriotsdebate

Idaho State Tourney

4. I saw someone talking about how all the good judges left when there teams were out. they wouldnt give our judge a quarters or a semis ballot even when they had them sitting on the table. they waited an extra ten min to post the round in order to find a judge that they liked (which happend to be mr. wander judge)

Does anyone know this judge's name and who hired him? I may be wrong to ask this, considering this person cannot defend themselves, so respond at your own discretion.

did we really? i thought that was the round with the stoned judge?

That round the judge was come chick who seemed very confused, and didnt flow either teams final rebuttals. Maybe she wasn't flowing at all, it's hard to tell when she's hiding behind her laptop.

I'll tell who won when i get my ballots back from my coach...

Does anyone know this judge's name and who hired him? I may be wrong to ask this, considering this person cannot defend themselves, so respond at your own discretion.

No, I want to know as well. God damn him. He had a jacket that said if we don't beat you in round, we will beat you in the parking lot. I forget what school he goes to but he was a first year coach. Didn't know shit.

No, I want to know as well. God damn him. He had a jacket that said if we don't beat you in round, we will beat you in the parking lot. I forget what school he goes to but he was a first year coach. Didn't know shit.

some team from around here has that as their debate team motto, it's on their team jackets. I can't remember who though. Their the ones who I stole my signature from.

wittrock, leave ugly girl out of it

Honestly, as much as we're ragging on the tournament (which, by no means am I opposing - it was not a very legit tournament), at least a solid number of decent western teams broke. Myself/nichole, chaz/matt, ashley/amanda, and weedon/clovis is pretty good. It really is. The results post quarters round, however were illegit.

some team from around here has that as their debate team motto, it's on their team jackets. I can't remember who though. Their the ones who I stole my signature from.

I think that's Teton.

ya his name is Dan Barrett and hes the COACH for Teton high.

That round the judge was come chick who seemed very confused, and didnt flow either teams final rebuttals. Maybe she wasn't flowing at all, it's hard to tell when she's hiding behind her laptop.

I'll tell who won when i get my ballots back from my coach...

yeah she told us we picked up. shes legit. but she was high as fuck and she never flows the last rebuttals.

yeah she told us we picked up. shes legit. but she was high as fuck and she never flows the last rebuttals.

Kk good, it was hard to tell what was going through her head, she had a confusing paradigm sheet and looked confused, but being high explains a lot, im glad you guys picked up

its sad that an activity that i have given so much of my time and effort to over the last four years had to end in Idaho Falls with mr. wandering judge and little ms. i vote on unwarrented sentances that come out in the 2NR. fuck debate. i honestly dont want to even debate in college now.

to Idaho debate- FUCK YOU!

oh hunter, you don't give us enough credit:

"Fiscal Discipline"

you have to admit that it was the greated fiscal discipline disad that you've ever seen in your life haha

And to whoever was bashing on Kaitlin Charles, idk if you've ever seen her other rounds... but she was really sick during the round and she is honestly as good as Karen although for some reason she doesn't seem to get as much credit.

Edited by bwillmore

"Fiscal Discipline"

you have to admit that it was the greated fiscal discipline disad that you've ever seen in your life haha

And to whoever was bashing on Kaitlin Charles, idk if you've ever seen her other rounds... but she was really sick during the round and she is honestly as good as Karen although for some reason she doesn't seem to get as much credit.

I wouldnt call what i did bashing, but anyone who was watching that round would agree, she did horridly, and Wang had to pull her out of it. I watched her quarters as well, and she was 10 times better, and she's been excellent other times i've watched as well. If she was sick, that would explain a lot, she just seemed really off her game during that round.

"Fiscal Discipline"

thats a lie. although kaitlin is very good. karen is better than kaitlin.

thats a lie. although kaitlin is very good. karen is better than kaitlin.

definately. You obviously don't know them that well. Kaitlin is good, but Karen's one of the best.

I'll pass on all this eastern Idaho bashing, seeing as we've already had this conversation in another thread+the bus ride home+ during the free time we had on the tournament but..

I do think one thing that's important to note coming out of this tournament is that although the a division was won by a team (possibly, i don't know I havent debated them) that was not up to par with competition, if you look at the semi's bracket:

Charles/Wang vs. Eyre/Hurt

Pham/ Ashley (i'm so sorry i'm spacing your last name right now)vs. hillcrest D

three of those teams are west side teams, which is better than I can recall boise area teams doing on that side of the state in the past.

so congrats to all you qualified, and even more to those who broke.

I couldn't be more content with having my last high school rounds against the great teams we debated this weekend (unless maybe we got to debate in finals, we woulda ran one off kappeler :])

"Fiscal Discipline"

that was an amazing DA! You guys are so amazingly good its not even funny. The way you tied together all of your disads and the counterplan was phenomenal!!! regardless of who won and who lost, both teams are amazing and debated a great round on both sides! congrats guys!

I'll pass on all this eastern Idaho bashing, seeing as we've already had this conversation in another thread+the bus ride home+ during the free time we had on the tournament but..

I do think one thing that's important to note coming out of this tournament is that although the a division was won by a team (possibly, i don't know I havent debated them) that was not up to par with competition, if you look at the semi's bracket:

Charles/Wang vs. Eyre/Hurt

Pham/ Ashley (i'm so sorry i'm spacing your last name right now)vs. hillcrest D

three of those teams are west side teams, which is better than I can recall boise area teams doing on that side of the state in the past.

so congrats to all you qualified, and even more to those who broke.

I couldn't be more content with having my last high school rounds against the great teams we debated this weekend (unless maybe we got to debate in finals, we woulda ran one off kappeler :])

no i definitely agree with you, that was an excellent showing for the west side. the quarter braket was even more impressive.

the teams that broke, all should have broke. my problem is the fucking judging pool for outrounds of a STATE tournement. these should be the best judges evaluating the best debaters in the state. thats how it works everwhere else, except for Idaho, and its rediculous. its absoluley rediculous that we ar all able to agree that the best team in the state did not win. fuck that.

i would have much rather spent the last few rounds of my high school career debating some good teams like you chaz, or karen wang.

quick question....

which Highland team did i debate?

it was a guy with long shaggy blonde hair, he was wearing a blue sweater i believe. and a girl with shortish brown hair.

Edited by BrandonWeedon

quick question....

which Highland team did i debate?

it was a guy with long shaggy blonde hair, he was wearing a blue sweater i believe. and a girl with shortish brown hair.

Mat Osberg and Marissa Morrison, our A team