Jareth

Colorado State 2009 @ Highlands Ranch HS on March 13 & 14

Chris,

To your second point, I don't think CHSAA's rules are enforced at NFL districts in Colorado. CHSAA's ballots aren't used, for instance.

Maybe I'm going crazy, I thought I read in the thread that the same thing would be enforced at some nat quals tournaments, and I was wrong after double-checking.

Even at that, I've been to multiple district tournaments around Colorado in the past that have tried to enforce the stock issues paradigm, among other CHSAA things.

Dear Negative Repper: I'm not quite sure what your neg reps mean. Are you angry that I posted the document that will be used at State? Or are you angry that the document exists?

Please understand that I am only the messenger. I thought it was important for this community to understand that this document would be present. Apparently, you seem to believe that I should have kept the group in the dark! Regardless of your opinion, I believe more information (especially information that could decide the State Champion) is important and necessary to share.

• Downvote 1

Ms. Peters:

Sorry you received negative reputation. That is unfortunate/inappropriate.

Is that "contract" intended to be construed to prohibit judges from flowing on computers?

I didn't think such a reading was obvious, but apparently Z and Cluce thought it did.

Would seem a bit strange to me, but at any rate...

logan

p.s. It is unlikely that I will be available to judge at state, but I'm sure this information could be relevant to others as well.

Edited by Balonkey

Does anyone have a final official list of teams that qualified for state?

the first post in the thread is the team list that will be at state.

Ms. Peters:

Is that "contract" intended to be construed to prohibit judges from flowing on computers?

I didn't think such a reading was obvious, but apparently Z and Cluce thought it did.

Hmmmmm . . . good question. CHSAA rules, I believe, are written so that it is illegal for students/debaters to have information retrieval devices in a round. I don't think it was designed to limit judges from using computers. If I were you, I would be sure to ask when you check in. You might also call Paul Angelico at CHSAA 303-344-5050.

Willing to judge/coach, hire me:

Don't need a place to stay.

Qualifications:

Ranked in the top 100 policy debaters in Colorado 3 years in a row.

I'll be able to provide motivation, camp files, and will talk about teams behind their back.

Do the right thing.

Edited by topicaldebator
  • Downvote 1

Willing to judge, hire me:

Qualifications:

I'll be able to provide motivation, camp files, and will talk about teams behind their back.

Do the right thing.

I would like to highly recommend this judge. he has been a stand by in colorado debate for years. he is easily in the top 100 debaters in colorado in the past three years. any team would be lucky to have his insight on the gossip of the state and other teams. His camp files are so wonderful and staples to any state championship team. the right thing is to give him some money to buy saag paneer or any such Indian food.

Willing to judge, hire me:

Qualifications:

Do the right thing.

I had him as a judge last weekend and he voted us down, but it was totally legit. we had no inherent barrier. and he was well-informed about the topic. I would recommend him as a judge to any tournament, including State and Berkeley. he is a combination of stocks/policy, but defaults on inherency.

• Downvote 1

So I'll post what I know, but I'm in Cedar City, UT, so it's not much.

Littleton DS and George Washington BC were 2-1 after prelims and debated in a run-off round four. GW picked up on a 2-1, Larue, Nelson*, another guy (I may or may not have recognized this other guy if I had been there).

Breaking to quarters:

Creek TL

Creek GO

Creek HR

East WZ

GW CO

GW BC

Moffat County

I think Kent KM, but it may have been Ft. Collins

All I know about that round is that GW BC thought they dropped to Creek TL.

So, congratulations all and sorry I don't know more. Being around for prelims yesterday was good, though.

Breaking to quarters:

Moffat County

I think Kent KM, but it may have been Ft. Collins

Actually, Ft. Collins beat Moffat in Partial Octas.

Kent KM byed to quarters.

The rest of the results:

Quarters:

Creek Takeda/Li d. GW Czufin/Bierrman

Creek Greos/O'Brien d. GW Owen/Clark

Creek Hilger/Rackley d. FoCo Jaysumana/Ingraham

East Zax/Want d. Kent Kamel/Miller

Semis:

Creek GO (Aff) d. Creek TL

East ZW (Aff) d. Creek HR (2-1)

Finals:

Creek GO (Neg) d. East ZW (2-1) on T

Great tourney everyone! I had a great time, especially debating Taylor and Jacob in Semis.

Edited by esquiar

Congratulations to Patrick and Andy. You all are class acts, and it's been a pleasure debating you this season. That last round was a fun one, even though I had to keep my shoes on. You two are a great, deserving team, and I thank you for your graciousness. Will, Kamel, Tyler, Andrew, I had a great time debating you all as well in elims. Thanks for a great tournament, everyone.

Mayu, I love you, and I love debating against you (except it's actually a little bit terrifying).

Edited by taytortot
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, thanks for the great tournament everybody. It's too bad to think it'll never really happen again, at least for us old seniors, but I know I'll remember all the people and rounds with great fondness :)

yes absolutely great tournament everyone. Patrick and I both wish to thank all of you who have made this yr so much fun for all of us. special thanks to taylor and jacob for an awfully close and nerve racking final round, you two are great competitors and i think none of us at creek would be as good if not for always having you guys to match.

Also props to sam and miles, who debated an awfully good quarters round. I think you two will get places

And also a big thanks to lisa and mayu. Although we had to knock you guys out, it was only with your help that we got that far in the first place.

Mayu, I love you, and I love debating against you (except it's actually a little bit terrifying).

Tay, i love you more. BUT THE STORY WE'RE ATTEMPTING TELL HERE TODAY... haha jkjk. but seriously, congrats and now that season is over, we need to hang out! pronto.