Dr. McNinja

Missouri's Eighth Annual Bearific Awards

Yeah...because they cut answers...

Yeah...because that's how everyone "amazes you with a cool position". I was answering the question with "Seth/Cody" because they had really good answers and have always "amazed" us with really "cool" positions.

I believe the only round shawna has seen you in was parkview quarters against Womyn so I doubt those arguments were ran

Lewis has no memory.

1.) You dont "drop" anything in front of a lay panel, because they likely never picked it up.

2.) We win the round on my k answers- i take the 1's, reference pemhills "worst judge ever"- Andy Chapman rofl, and also Worst ballot-brad was to fast for himself?.

3.) The argument isnt that we are better than pemhill, its that pemhill dosent think anyone but themselves should win.

4.) Obviously brad and lewis deserved to qual, and they would have devastated NFL's, but they have another year, and i only hope this districts humbles brad. The debating skills of this school are incredible, the personalities trouble me.

5.) I am likely to pick up more ballots with my shirt off than PHLF's debate skills.

Since this seems mostly aimed at me, I'll answer. We got no beef with you, Mike $elck, so I'm missing where the animosity comes from...

We're both in agreement over ThomThom's Blue Springs dominance so I'll skip that one, as for the round, no need to get into it excessively, but you know that Chapsters voted on a non-extended T violation and we picked up Aaron, arguably the only legitimate judge in the room. I'll go out on a limb and say it wasn't the 1AR that won it.

It's obvious we think other people in Missouri are good. Greenwood could kick my ass any day, and has; Parkway Central was really good all times we saw them; Ben Campbell will always be taller and more eloquent than myself; I heart Wes Rumbaugh; etc. I don't get it... seems like maybe you should call and tell the wahmbulance that we didn't include you in our Bearific posts.

Sure, I was humbled to be knocked out of the tournament by another Pembroke team, who happen to be my best pals.

Maybe you should've taken your shirt off a few more times at the Glenbrooks. Thank you, come again.

Much Love,

Brad Bolman

• Upvote 1

This is true. Especially when it comes to names. I definitely remember the round though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've never talked to you, but again, that was an awesome 1NC.... although we did draw some interesting pictures, I'm thinking sure that's how I remeber that. ha-ha

=)

This is mostly just going to include the KCMO kids I've seen/see most frequently..

Best 1A- Mike Selck

Best 2A- Alex Scott

Best 1N- Zach Schmitz

Best 2N- Daniel Plizzzott

Best Team-Ca$h Money/ Mike $elck

Best LDer- Holley Lewis

Best Negative Position- Free market

Worst Negative Postion- THE HACK

Case of the Year- Nuclear Energy

Worst Case of the Year- Anything with military

Ultimate Kritik- heidegger

Counterplan of the Year- Free market

Best DA- Winner picking bubble

Worst DA- coal

Best Card- Boweman 09

Worst Card- MEAD 92

Fastest Debater- Brad

Best Word Economy- hmm I’m gonna go with Josh Miller on this one

Best Spreaders- Mike and Lauren

Best Speakers- Zach and Nathan

Most improved team- Nathan Werner

Team that will likely become great- Plott/Greenberg will be ballin next year

Best adapters- Scott/Miller

Most likely to run Irony- Chicken or Wes

Most likely to amaze you with a cool position- pembroke

Most likely to take off shirt- Mike Selck duh

Judge of the Year – Viv Creamer

Panel of the year – Either round 6 or 7 at districts probably

Ballot of the year (text) – You really shouldnt try and argue with the other team (lmao this is debate)

Best Run Tourney- NFL Districts or Pembroke

Worst Run Tourney- Lee’s Summit

Most qualified Judging pool Tourney- Marquette or Pembroke

Worst qualified Judging pool Tourney – Lee’s Summit

Most interesting tourny moment – Probably conference..round 2..”look girl, can I ax you a question yet?!” or i don'ts understand all dis grammer stuff on topicality

Most Admired coach (NOT your own)- Connors or Miller

Squad of the Year (NOT your own)- Blue Springs

Person who has contributed the most to the program- Chris Adams

Yeah...because that's how everyone "amazes you with a cool position". I was answering the question with "Seth/Cody" because they had really good answers and have always "amazed" us with really "cool" positions.

whats that even supposed to mean? surprisingly, we actually did cut something to this, shocking

• Downvote 1

Lewis has no memory.

Since this seems mostly aimed at me, I'll answer. We got no beef with you, Mike $elck, so I'm missing where the animosity comes from...

We're both in agreement over ThomThom's Blue Springs dominance so I'll skip that one, as for the round, no need to get into it excessively, but you know that Chapsters voted on a non-extended T violation and we picked up Aaron, arguably the only legitimate judge in the room. I'll go out on a limb and say it wasn't the 1AR that won it.

It's obvious we think other people in Missouri are good. Greenwood could kick my ass any day, and has; Parkway Central was really good all times we saw them; Ben Campbell will always be taller and more eloquent than myself; I heart Wes Rumbaugh; etc. I don't get it... seems like maybe you should call and tell the wahmbulance that we didn't include you in our Bearific posts.

Sure, I was humbled to be knocked out of the tournament by another Pembroke team, who happen to be my best pals.

Maybe you should've taken your shirt off a few more times at the Glenbrooks. Thank you, come again.

Much Love,

Brad Bolman

Maybe the shirt is what did it for me last year at NFL's? or maybe this year at districts? Funny the way you seem to have absorbed nothing of what i have said. And while you can compliment some debaters around missouri you would gripe continuously about the judges rfd if they beat you. It seems good debaters win debates, bad debaters will pick apart ballots. Your ego is big enough for your entire team, good luck to you guys in the future. The respect we have for you isnt mirrored.

There are reasons your asst coach wanted me to go to mo-state, none of which appear to be underneath my shirt. Thank you, theres always next year.

Much love,

Mike Selck

• Downvote 1

Funny the way you seem to have absorbed nothing of what i have said.

funny the way people are assholes

Edited by Slite89
  • Upvote 2

whats that even supposed to mean? surprisingly, we actually did cut something to this, shocking

i am 99% sure she didn't mean "amaze" and "cool" sarcastically. the written word jacks inflection. at any rate, you guys did amaze us with cool positions, no "'s about it.

I always check the Bearific Debate Awards because I love how they've stayed named the same way over the years. A history lesson for the children, they were named after the Missouri great Brian Bear. Either way, here's my take on some recent comments on this thread. I also am curious to see if the same schools are nut-riding the same schools as when I was in high school.

I don't post on these boards very often, so someone correct me if I'm wrong. But doesn't it seem that Pembroke and Greenwood have somehow accelerated beyond the shit hole that is Missouri debate?

Why are ya'll arguing about how they have to think that they lose? Good debaters usually feel like they're always winning. Especially kids who roll up and clear at Harvard. I just don't get where the community (and this exists across many different debate communities) started to think that people have to respect people that they debate against. If you debate someone and they do something stupid and you want to say that the round decision was bullshit, who decided that someone should ever be obligated to say, "well, you know, it was a lay judge, so I respect them, they're good, it was a good round."

It seems like the same people that argue these things are the same people that get lucky in poker and end with the classic justification of "well, i've got all the chips." Bottom line, Phil Hellmuth gets to talk shit.

What ever happened to talking a little smack?

Edited by kyle_1a_2n
(Decided to add a Phil Hellmuth example)

Most interesting tourny moment - "Go ask Lauren what they're running! No, she can't judge at the tournament, she has a prior commitment..."

What was this about Brad?? lolz

yeah. because thats logical...

i cut the answers btw.

this is stupid argument period.

yeah. because thats logical...

i cut the answers btw.

this is stupid argument period.

it's not even an argument. and, good answers.

and, god damn it, i'm making my own Bearific category:

Most Likely to Be Great in College: Hayden Wiley

Oh, no, I wasn't trying to sound negative about you. It was just dumb of Hayden to post "yeah.... because they cut answers..". I was trying to break down the answer with the words from the question so he could understand the context of my answer. Obviously people have to have cards to answer an argument, unless it's analytics. His post was unnecessary bitchiness. Jeff and I adore you and Seth. And, on the radioactive colonialism arguments talk, we thought your "Indians agreed to stay there" argument was really good because we hadn't ever heard that they signed a treaty until our Marshfield round. That wasn't meant to be sarcastic towards you at all. :)

Edited by cwatz
misquoted hayden

I have a new section I feel SHOULD be added.

Most likely to start a race riot-Jaz Heitz

The Pem Hill/BS battle is crazy, Mike I believe you taking your shirt off would win you rounds somewhere but your impecable speaking and argumentation skills will win you rounds everywhere. I don't hate Pem Hill but damn, I know being good at debate requires you to be confident but there is definitely a line between confident and COCKy. Let's just have a battle royale at MSHAA.

That is all.

Love,

Alex

The Pem Hill/BS battle is crazy, Mike I believe you taking your shirt off would win you rounds somewhere but your impecable speaking and argumentation skills will win you rounds everywhere. I don't hate Pem Hill but damn, I know being good at debate requires you to be confident but there is definitely a line between confident and COCKy. Let's just have a battle royale at MSHAA.

That is all.

Love,

Alex

I have no clue why you wanted to get involved in this, but I would recommend against it especially considering it is coming to a close.

I have been trying to stay out of this for the most part, but....

I know we are all debaters here and so we don't like to drop arguments, but i think as far as the whole pembroke blue springs throw down is going we probably should drop this one. Its really just a giant pissing-fest, I think that we can all agree that we are all legit in at least some regard at debate.

If anyone has problems you can take them up in round by throwing the dozens, but this is not the place.

Most interesting tourney moment- Monett quarters. "I may just be some hoedunk joe, but I definitely will continue to contend that our plan is indeed 'The Shiz'" (Thank you, Blake and Preston.)

Why thank you

Most likely to take off shirt- Preston.... it happened

When?

alex- This is not ok. I wouldnt call it a riot. It was just some minor yelling. Geez lol

haha jazz, deffinatly most likely to start a race riot.

There is no pemhill blue springs throwdown, we both ran out of piss lol

anyone else have their crates get drenched last saturday?

For serious, who debates at Parkway West? Do they have a decent policy program?

their districts contingent consisted of four novice fill teams. i think at least one of them is considering actually doing policy next year, though.

alex- This is not ok. I wouldnt call it a riot. It was just some minor yelling. Geez lol

Jazz- what you consider "minor yelling" is much much different than everyone else's interpretation of "minor yelling"..just sayin'. But, fortunately, I still love you.

So....

Minor Yelling=Death threats, police involvement, etc?

I put in the death threat myself because I thought that it made the story more dramatic. thoughts? I just think we could turn this shit into a book deal and that can be our rags to riches story.