Sign in to follow this  
KCpushPAINTBALL

HOA and Show-me qualifers? Predictions anyone?

All I know is that if Oak Park Rumbaugh/Tremper and PH South Schmitz/Werner DON'T go, I'm likely to sacrifice one of them to debate God.

Haha, I hope you guys qual, I just haven't seen you at all this year, or heard from any of the teams I've been talking to in the area about you guys. Have no doubt that if you and Alex 1 qual, I'll be first in line for love and affection, but Wes, Zach and Nathan have been waiting a long time for their chance to go, and I don't think most of the people in the district would deny that they deserve that opportunity. I'd like to include Nich in that list, but my boys listed above have been suffering this tournament from four years, usually on the bubble.

It's hard for me to pick a third team. I it's likely going to be one of the Truman or Liberty teams, bearing in mind that the only teams from HoA I've seen this year were Truman, Liberty, and Oak Park, occasionally discussing positions with Zach, and all of those rounds were out of district.

As for Show-Me, the only teams from that particular district I've seen and felt were likely to go to nats were Blue Springs Cash Money/$elck, and BS South Gilmore/Hobbs. That said, and most unfortunately, I haven't seen any of the Pembroke teams this year, though based on things I've heard they'll qual AT LEAST one out of Show-Me.

I feel like the districts, or at least HoA is harder to call this year than it has been in the past. But, that's just my thoughts on some things. They don't really matter.

Haven't faced Rumbaugh/Tremper, but I've heard good things. I HAVE faced Schmitz/Werner, and they're good.

Then again, we also didn't have ANY neg. Like, literally.

EDIT: Oh, and the Conf. champs are from Truman. Then again, the entire Truman team runs Gen IV/GTMHR last I heard. I really hope they've switched it up by now.

What IS it with the 'smarty pants' teams and Gen IV?

Edited by Dandelo
  • Downvote 1

Bum bum bummmmmm.

The bad news: I'm still a first-year debater.

The good news: I'm finally armed to the teeth. Or at least ARMED.

what grades are rumbaugh and tremper? (sry i don't know their first names)

Wes (Rumbaugh) is a senior, and Nich (Tremper) I THINK is a sophomore, but I don't know him particularly well. Hell, Nich wasn't even Wescat's partner until Jenks.

nich is also a senior. he just didnt start debating til his junior year which is a tragedy in itself.

man, i thought he was a sophomore.

Haven't faced Rumbaugh/Tremper, but I've heard good things. I HAVE faced Schmitz/Werner, and they're good.

Then again, we also didn't have ANY neg. Like, literally.

EDIT: Oh, and the Conf. champs are from Truman. Then again, the entire Truman team runs Gen IV/GTMHR last I heard. I really hope they've switched it up by now.

What IS it with the 'smarty pants' teams and Gen IV?

why do you hope that?

I hope you switched from Brownfields

You guys have what, a big dry-erase board of all our cases on it? I mean, damn.

And don't diss brownfields. We like it so much.

And yes, that is a bit of a disclosure. Nothing to panic about, nothing you haven't faced before, heh.

EDIT: And I hope you guys changed because I'm tired of debating it four times in a row against four Truman teams, lol. Drove me NUTS at Savannah.

Edited by Dandelo

You guys have what, a big dry-erase board of all our cases on it? I mean, damn.

And don't diss brownfields. We like it so much.

And yes, that is a bit of a disclosure. Nothing to panic about, nothing you haven't faced before, heh.

EDIT: And I hope you guys changed because I'm tired of debating it four times in a row against four Truman teams, lol. Drove me NUTS at Savannah.

Well sorry we run good cases

• Downvote 1

Well sorry we run good cases

gen iv is hella old. that tech is waaay outdated.

Good cases? Well, if you say so.

EDIT: Gah, now I'm being snippy. I don't want to be snippy. But imagine running into our aff four times in one day--it gets trying.

EDIT: Matt: Yeah, didn't you run some kind of China disad or something? Man, I HATE not having evidence for all that crazy out-there stuff. Everything leads to nuclear wars these days, apparently.

Edited by Dandelo

gen iv is hella old. that tech is waaay outdated.

I'm on gen xxxxii. Or gen vi times gen ix.

Quiet you!

Hah, I'm reading a topic about thermal depolymerization. Why would anyone burn bodies for fuel when we already use them to make Soylent Green?