Antonucci23

Georgetown Debate Seminar: Main Thread

We just sent out notifications to all students that applied early. Spots are filling up fast so we encourage all accepted students to act now to reserve a spot. If you applied and for some reason did not receive notification of your admission decision, please contact us at georgetowndebateseminar@gmail.com

JP

Recognizing all the accomplishments of founding Georgetown Debate Seminar participants would be exhausting, so I'll refrain from entering into that game.

I do want to mention Damiyr Davis' accomplishment this weekend; Beacon DF was the first NY UDL team to qualify for the TOC, and they punctuated that qualification with a full *WIN* at a quarters level tourney at Lexington High School.

Full credit also goes to his partner, Miguel Feliciano. Credit's due to the debaters first, then their teammates, then coach(es), then the whole NY UDL structure that enabled their debate careers. After all that, peripheral institute instructors get to play cheerleader. So here goes:

Win!

I will post some bios within the week, probably.

If you're applying to the Seniors lab at this point, you should probably write me or JP a personal email, because we're in waiting list territory.

Some financial aid will be available. It will require some documentation (loosely modeled on FAFSA), and that will be up fairly soon as well.

to Seminar participants Will Thibeau and Richard Day, for winning the Barkley Forum.

Congrats to Andrew Markoff for winning the Pace Round Robin, and pulling down top speaker honors at both the RR and the BF.

(As always, credit goes to students, teammates and coaches; camp instructors are just proud to cheer.)

• Downvote 1

I will post some bios within the week, probably.

If you're applying to the Seniors lab at this point, you should probably write me or JP a personal email, because we're in waiting list territory.

Some financial aid will be available. It will require some documentation (loosely modeled on FAFSA), and that will be up fairly soon as well.

When will the bios be posted?

Edited by basu

We encourage anyone still interested to apply soon. We are getting close to full, but still have a few spaces left.

Best,

JP

• Downvote 1

We encourage anyone still interested to apply soon. We are getting close to full, but still have a few spaces left.

Best,

JP

JP: are all the letters out that are going to be out and is there still space in the seniors lab?

One of my debaters, Stephanie Sin, applied to your program but has not received any form of response from you guys.

Kenneth Kozakura

Lowell HS

Yes, we still have space in the seniors lab. We anticipate sending a small wave of acceptances this week.

The information packet will be coming in late March or early July. We've been busy preparing for the NDT, and won't get back to full-time institute planning till then.

We are excited to announce the addition of Nate Cohn and Kevin Kallmyer to our teaching staff for this summer.

Nate Cohn is a recent graduate of Whitman College. While at Whitman, Nate was a member of the 5th overall ranked team in the country and finished in 2nd place at the CEDA National Championships. Nate will be teaching our seniors lab this summer.

Kevin Kallmyer is finishing his degree this summer at the University of Mary Washington where he led the team to its most successful performance in the history of their program. They reached the semi-finals of the National Debate Tournament held this past March at UC-Berkeley. Kevin will be joining the faculty of the seniors lab this summer.

We still have a few spots left for rising juniors and sophomores. Please apply quickly to secure your spot!

Best,

JP

Edited by JPaul717

I know Emma LaBounty from the University School of Nashville is goin