SPREZZIDENT

2009 nfl draft

honestly im not that big of a fan on mcshays college football columns. Shit, matt berry does a better of QB analysis than he does, and hes an NBA analyst

I don't read the College football ones, I honestly don't like college football, I follow it, and I watch it because there's nothing better on Saturday afternoons, but I'm not that big of a fan. I read McShay for the Scouts Inc. reports though

41 guaranteed, 75 if he actually becomes a quarterback.

0-16 and THIS is how they decide to fix it.

dumbasses.

God, these rookie contracts are fucking outrageous. Derrick Rose made what, $4 million this year or something? Tim Lincecum isn't even making $700k? It's absurd.

Agreed, i like stafford, ima huge G.A. fan, but damn, 41 million for sure salary, when you havent even seen him play in the nfl, its a little crazy, how the fuck do they afford this shit?

• Downvote 1

okay, i wasn't saying tyler jackson wasn't going to be the third overall pick in the 2009 nfl draft. that wasn't hard to predict. in fact, almost every other source had the same first three picks by last night. not because of kiper, but because the information he received was probably available to every other sports writer following the draft.

what i am sick of, though, is mel kiper jr. being continuously hailed as the number one expert by espn and sports illustrated. every thing mel thinks apparently is the truth. he overexaggerates players' abilities and pretends he's hot shit. although he does have some "sick connecks", most other people in the sports world do too. even with the people he knows, his record is just as good (or bad) as anyone else in the league is. there are so many unpredictable things (like jets trading picks) and unreleased info that would trade the draft order.

even rohan has had, and will continue to have, a mock draft with kiper-like success with information solely based off of his own research on team needs, etc. the thing is, a) kiper shouldn't pretend like he can predict how players will perform in the distant future, B) kiper shouldn't talk during nfl draft day, c) kiper is wrong much, much, more than he is right.

read through the edits here. they are reverted by the mods so they aren't on the main page, but you can read how fucking pretentious he is and how much/how badly he fucks up.

also, he sounds and looks like a huge douchebag.

also, also, nice pick oakland

Edited by Dayman
  • Upvote 1

okay, i wasn't saying tyler jackson wasn't going to be the third overall pick in the 2009 nfl draft. that wasn't hard to predict. in fact, almost every other source had the same first three picks by last night. not because of kiper, but because the information he received was probably available to every other sports writer following the draft.

what i am sick of, though, is mel kiper jr. being continuously hailed as the number one expert by espn and sports illustrated. every thing mel thinks apparently is the truth. he overexaggerates players' abilities and pretends he's hot shit. although he does have some "sick connecks", most other people in the sports world do too. even with the people he knows, his record is just as good (or bad) as anyone else in the league is. there are so many unpredictable things (like jets trading picks) and unreleased info that would trade the draft order.

even rohan has had, and will continue to have, a mock draft with kiper-like success with information solely based off of his own research on team needs, etc. the thing is, a) kiper shouldn't pretend like he can predict how players will perform in the distant future, B) kiper shouldn't talk during nfl draft day, c) kiper is wrong much, much, more than he is right.

read through the edits here. they are reverted by the mods so they aren't on the main page, but you can read how fucking pretentious he is and how much/how badly he fucks up.

also, he sounds and looks like a huge douchebag.

also, also, nice pick oakland

i just felt giving you shit

lol at the Raiders. That team can never succeed with Al Davis. I swear Al is retarded.

Al Davis was the former commissioner of the AFL. Hes been there forever. They made something like 6 superbowls with him.

Maybe in recent years hes been less sucessful, but to say that they can never succeed with him is incorrect. they have.

I'd just like to point out in a bit of shameless self promotion, that I had Pettigrew at 20 to the Lions, which I'm pretty sure very few other mocks did.

Overall I went 4/32, with the change at the top involving Tyson Jackson largely screwing up my mock (I was right in terms of who would pick DE/OLBs, it just changed who it was, like with Maybin going to the Bills instead of Ayers).

Oh well...

I'd just like to point out in a bit of shameless self promotion, that I had Pettigrew at 20 to the Lions, which I'm pretty sure very few other mocks did.

Overall I went 4/32, with the change at the top involving Tyson Jackson largely screwing up my mock (I was right in terms of who would pick DE/OLBs, it just changed who it was, like with Maybin going to the Bills instead of Ayers).

Oh well...

12% is the Mark of sucess. Lol.

12% is the Mark of sucess. Lol.

Never said I was successful. That said, mocking the draft is a hard thing, especially with trades, and the fact that 1 pick can screw everything up

Never said I was successful. That said, mocking the draft is a hard thing, especially with trades, and the fact that 1 pick can screw everything up

I said you were sucessful. which is why the whole draft prediction business is bullcrap.

Matt Stafford. Fuck.

Matt Stafford. Fuck.

Lions are a lost cause. Forever.

• Upvote 1

I am generally happy with who the Vikings came out of this draft with. Percy Harvins will be one of the most explosive players, along with AP, in the NFL. He reminds me alot of Steve Smith in aggression and explosiveness....or incendiary. We also got the massive OT from the Oklahoma who will easily replace Ryan Cook on the right side who blows.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Oakland. Even tho you probably just took a receiver who has almost no shot to fully develop with your joke of an organization, at least you helped Maryland recruit new WRs...

And why has no one said anything about Oaklands second round pick. Dude wasnt invited to the combine, wasn't even considered a top 50 safety by most teams and was taken in the top 50 OVERALL. I love Oakland. Just for the lol factor.

Thank you Oakland. Even tho you probably just took a receiver who has almost no shot to fully develop with your joke of an organization, at least you helped Maryland recruit new WRs...

And why has no one said anything about Oaklands second round pick. Dude wasnt invited to the combine, wasn't even considered a top 50 safety by most teams and was taken in the top 50 OVERALL. I love Oakland. Just for the lol factor.

qfa times one hundred

Scouts Inc. didn't even have a scouting report on him, if you click his Scouting Report page, it's just blank with 0's.

Also, there's a bit of irony. The Raiders had the #7 pick in 2005 too, which turned into

Turns out Troy snuck back into this years draft, he just changed his name to Darius Heyward-Bey

Scouts Inc. didn't even have a scouting report on him, if you click his Scouting Report page, it's just blank with 0's.

Also, there's a bit of irony. The Raiders had the #7 pick in 2005 too, which turned into

Turns out Troy snuck back into this years draft, he just changed his name to Darius Heyward-Bey

Thats not fair to DHB... hes a much better player than Williamson. The fact is, he didnt get the opportunity to put up numbers like Crabtree because he played in a different offense and he was literally doubled on every single play. I really hope DHB works out, hes got a shot and on a team like Baltimore I wouldve put money on him becoming a big time WR in this league... but Oakland is the worst team in all of professional sports. They took the most gifted WR in the league today and turned him into absolute shit. I'd actually feel better about his chances if he was in Detroit.