anonmouse

Best of Kansas 2008-2009

Peace and love everyone?

I'm pretty sure the point of this thread was to recognize the top kids from this year...not to talk smack.

I would put my tops...but I guess that's kinda pointless now since everyone is more concerned about dissing each other.

=( I guess I'm glad I'm graduating...

I think that a lot of people need to realize that trash talking is just screwing around. If i say you suck at debate im probably joking unless u are one of my fellow bvners then im probably serious and you should quit the activity. All sports involve massive amounts of smack and people need to cool it when we show our ego's. we are all geniuses and have been told that since we were small children we obviously think highly of ourselves. people need to man it up and fight back. ITS HIGH SCHOOL DEBATE does it really matter that much what others say about you. like yeah u can get pissed but dont go cry home to mommy. i agree we all respect eachother. i talk shit on lots of people then go out to lunch with them. it doesnt mean anything. I think we should go back to your style of debate.

You all suck. SME's gonna beat you all on more than just [other stuff] next year.

Best overall team: The Robots (Young / Fager)

Best 1N: Tara Raghuveer

Best 2N: Fager

Best 1A: Edie Cao

Best 2A: Sears or Halter (I really don't know anything about my own squad)

Best Coach: Trey Witt

Least Likely to Debate Next Year: My partner from this year

Most Likely to Succeed Next Year: Wil Kenny and Mark Towster

The other articles of "who's the best" didn't seem too important.

///

Finally, some truth to this thread.

Edited by funkyunicorn

I have no clue who you are, but there is a little rule we follow at BVN. If you dont mess w me then i wont start doing irrational things towards you. if you start to piss me off. Wood will testify be prepared for me to go ape shit. Also i am definitely one of woods favorites. i might not be good at debate. and i might get on his nerves. but he likes the fact that i try and that i have come so far as both a debater and a person so far. but i know you respect me so i honestly dont care what you think about me.

how many contradictions are you willing to make in one post, and why is any of the information contained in the post i just quoted worthy of sharing with the forum? i realize you and your other account haven't been around thaaat long, but surely you can figure out how to use the PM function

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look, things got out of hand, Got a pst, and when I posted, I had not realized that an entire first thread of irrelevant Reid babbles was in here, if you want to rant about stupid things that arent part of the thread, then go to the misc forum or create a misc thread in the KS section

Very briefly,

I've been accused of scrutanizing my own squad in the last post here, which was not the purpose. I meant to make a SME oriented squad post in all the joy and glory of our squad. So I felt bad and would also like to commend Will Penner, Olivia, Elizabeth, Clair Finkee, John Luther, Wraye Sewell, Jenee Vickers, Owen, Dana, Margaret, Kelly, Parathana, Cormac, Lindsey and all the other kids on our squad. I'll make up categories later.

My point being that I was not critizing my own squad or myself or my coach in the earlier said post, I merely meant to put a little SME into the best of thread, and a little humor of which you probably wont get unless your from SME

Edited by funkyunicorn

Rimmy You Can't Delete Exodia The Forbidden. He Will Smite Ye When I Get The Other Two Cards To Complete His Body.

When you get the other two cards to complete his body, then maybe I will let you post them in here.....

Time to revive a dead thread! With that I give you Tim Yang's pick of 2009. Enjoy yourselves.

1. Best all around team - Sivakumar/Partner... Just kidding, Dean and Nichols, their record speaks for themselves, although to be fair they never hit Sivakumar/Partner...

2. Best Champ team - Goossen/Shultz. Hands down, Saeedipour and Kirkpatrick had the best prelim record at KCKCC, and the round they droped could have gone either way, depending on the judge's pref for T-Theory.

3. Best Open team - Sivakumar and Partner, they ripped a blazing trail on the Tongie Circuit.

4. Best Squad - Blue Valley West, represent.

5. Best Affirmative Team - Although I'm going to be bludgeoned for saying this, probably Little Nichols and Fitzpatrick, how they managed to win 99% of their AFF rounds running netmetering is still beyond me.

6. Best 1A - REIIIIIIDDD WALDMAN!!!

7. Best 2A - Mark Thomas, crushed Khalif/Waldman on their McCWhorter K in octas at State, lost his case and still answered everything in a straight policy round against me in quarters, it was quite a sight to behold.

8. Best Negative Team - Kirkpatrick and Saeedipour, because I'm sitting next to Saeedipour right now.

9. Best 1N - REIIIIIID WALDMAN!!!

10. Best 2N - REIIIIIIIID WALDMAN!!!

11. Prettiest Speaker - Darshan "D-Train" Sivakumar, one look into those puppydog eyes and he can sell you a Pan-Africa DA... on this year's topic.

12. Fastest Debater - Saeedipour, for the same reason as mentioned above. Also 16 page NREL AFF, with 30 secs to spare, that's all I'm saying.

13. Most likely to do well next year - Oatmann/Richey, every TT coach who's ever heard of them predicted them to be one of the top teams in the coming years (they're sophomores)

*On a sidenote, if D-Train and Waldman were to ever pair up.. the Debate World will tear apart at it's seams.

14. Person most likely to graduate and judge - Joe Getto. No need to explain.

15. Best Judge - Mark Kapfer, he doesn't just vote you down, his ballots will convince you to vote yourself down... and give yourself the 4.

16. Coach of the Year - Tie between Mark Kapfer and Bill Davis, even though the latter has been retired for like half a decade.

17. Best K debater - Goosen and Shultz... tried running 3 K's on Shultz at Miege, 2 were dropped by the block, and I spent the 5 minutes of my 2NR talking about how Jesus would have wanted the NEG team to win.

18. Best Counterplan debater - Darshan Sivakumar, that's the default best.

19. Best T debater - Ben Goosen, no need to explain.

20. Best Politics Debater - As much as I hate to admit this probably Githens/Kaut from ON, although I didn't have any personal experience, from what I hear Kaut's political analogies are amongst the ranks of the infamous "Chipotle" analogies, courtsey of the great Killian P. Kull from BVN.

21. Most likely to be NDT champion - Darshan "D-Train" Sivakumar

22. Most likely to become a debate coach - Jared Zuckerman, it's his life's goal.

23. Sexiest Debater of the Year - Darshan "D-Train" Sivakumar

1. Best all around team(champ and open styles)- Dean/Nichols

2. Best Champ team- Goosen/Schultz

3. Best Open team- Dean/Nichols there just good

4. Best Squad- Washburn Ruarl.

5. Best Affirmative Team- From what i've heard Kaut/Githens

6. Best 1A- Some BVW chick spoke pretty

7. Best 2A- Mark Thomas gave us a big challenge at SME and answered 6 off very well

8. Best Negative Team- Kirtzpatrick/???

9. Best 1N- ???

10. Best 2N- Kendall Kaut (just good)

11. Prettiest Speaker- Maggie Weller (saw in congress)

12. Fastest Debater- From who've i hit Mark Thomas

13. Most likely to do well next year- Cambpell/Shultz or Fitzpatrick/Nichols

14. Person most likely to graduate and judge- Kendall Kaut

15. Best Judge- Michael Perbeck hilarious

16. coach of the year- tongie coach

17. Best K debater- No one we faced ran a K not even in Varsity

18. Best Counterplan debater- some BV dude

19. Best T debater- I never lost a T debate that often but what i've heard was a Waru team in good at it

20. Best Politics Debater- WaRu girl gave us a hard time only people who ran it on us but proly Kaut/Githens (what i figure)

21. Most likely to be NDT champion- ???

22. Most likely to become a debate coach- ???

OHMYGOSH

someone finally found my website!!

it's been soooo long since I set it up, I like totally forgot ALL about it!

but it's sooo true.

Cuddles, Deskboy!!

:Kn:

You actually paid money to buy the url thebestdebater for a bad cross-x.com meme? Wow...just wow.

You actually paid money to buy the url thebestdebater for a bad cross-x.com meme? Wow...just wow.

Money well spent

In lieu of recent events, thebestdebater.com has been updated. We extend our condolences to deskboy, as he is still undoubtedly the second best debater.

In lieu of recent events, thebestdebater.com has been updated. We extend our condolences to deskboy, as he is still undoubtedly the second best debater.

Yeah, that makes even less sense than normal...even from you...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, that makes even less sense than normal...even from you...

I don't choose who the best debater is, I just report the findings. Don't shoot the messenger, etc, etc.