SPREZZIDENT

the ask the expert thread

how was it a clear answer in january when wake forest and duke were playing better basketball then, carolina was still a monster, clemson looked legitimate since they didn't fall apart until towards the end of the year, and you had the clusterfuck behind clemson that looked very similar to the clusterfuck in the big east behind uconn/louisville/pitt/marquette? even with dominic james in january nobody except me was a believer in marquette so don't even bother going there as a reason the big east was clearly better...nova/cuse/cincy/west virginia/providence were all very much meh, just like clemson/vatech/boston college/fla state were. just because they're left standing doesn't mean big east pundits were right all along. in january, the big east wasn't noticeably better than the acc.

Worst division in the NFL?

AFC West. Not even close. The NFC West at least has one team good enough to contend for the NFC championship.

Worst division in the NFL?

AFC West. Not even close. The NFC West at least has one team good enough to contend for the NFC championship.

^^^

What sort of pro-animal activism will Michael Vick have to pretend to engage in before any team will take him?

depends on the team. in the event that he is courted by a team like the rams, agreeing to date some local st louis girls may be enough pro-animal activism to please the organization. but if he ends up with a team like the PETA sillynannies, he will likely have to get his brain MRI'd

I was a vikings/fins fan before i moved to minnesota. I only started rooting for the twins once i get here :)

apparently he likes rooting for teams that were good in the mid 70s and bear no geographical relationships to him?

Edited by SEVVDOG

what on earth happened to these message boards? we have racist southern girls, dudes fantasizing about giving her jizz cupcakes, people totally overreacting and calling her a filthy skank/whore/uglybitch/spawn of satan whatever. so thats ridiculous. but it has spilled over to other areas as well. there was the absurd kobe bryant thread, there is a thread in misc thats title claims the link in store changed the guys life but its a bunch of computer generated dancing babies (because thats original). tommy is still tommy but its almost football season so that has taken it up another notch.

the only thing that i can come up with is that sage rosenfels will be playing qb for the vikings, and that is bringing this upon us

what on earth happened to these message boards? we have racist southern girls, dudes fantasizing about giving her jizz cupcakes, people totally overreacting and calling her a filthy skank/whore/uglybitch/spawn of satan whatever. so thats ridiculous. but it has spilled over to other areas as well. there was the absurd kobe bryant thread, there is a thread in misc thats title claims the link in store changed the guys life but its a bunch of computer generated dancing babies (because thats original). tommy is still tommy but its almost football season so that has taken it up another notch.

the only thing that i can come up with is that sage rosenfels will be playing qb for the vikings, and that is bringing this upon us

Will Florida win the National Championship this year?

don't think so. they don't appear to me to be as strong a team as they were last year, and they would have to run quite the gauntlet to get to the national championship. undefeated or one loss and a lot of help is necessary. they haven't blown out the teams they were supposed to blow out in order to give them the benefit of the doubt that overwhelms their pathetically puny schedule.

i think they could beat any team heads up, but i just don't see them making it to the national championship game.

also, they run into the problem that there's a better team in their own conference, and two sec schools aren't gonna meet for the title game. they can overcome this by beating bama, but i don't like those odds.

What does Ndamukong Suh have to do this year to win the heisman?

out-douche tim tebow, out-gay colt mccoy, out-awesome todd reesing, and have a qb rating of 130+. also change his name to something voters can spell.

seriously? it's not going to happen unless the top 10 qb's and jahvid best miss three or more games.

What does Ndamukong Suh have to do this year to win the heisman?

maybe if he scores 2 more defensive TDs this year... although I doubt that will happen

but we can hope, yeah?

My Question:

When will Nebraska be back in the top 10 consistently?

Edited by Tyrone Biggums

maybe if he scores 2 more defensive TDs this year... although I doubt that will happen

not even that will be enough. attention nebraska fans: this is not the first time a defensive player has been really good in college football. this award just straight up does not go to them. in 2007 chris long was hands down the most dominant individual player in the country. his stat line rivals even suh's projected stats after 3 of suh's first 5 games were against joke teams (and one of the others was against a joke offense).

here's a comparison of long's stats to suh's projected stats:

tackles: 79 for long, 77 projected for suh

sacks: 14 long, 7 projected for suh

int's: 1 long, 2 projected for suh

i would include more telling stats but it's tough to get accurate defensive stats mid season on any player. and i don't care enough to look it up and count off game by game.

big plays: suh had the nice one against mizzou...but chris long raised that bar with the following huge plays that won games for virginia:

-intercepted a pass against UNC to set up a game winning field goal

-blocked a field goal in uva's 23-21 win against middle tennessee

-sack for safety against maryland when uva won 18-17

he also recorded sacks in his first four games and in his three games after the sackless game in between (that was the middle tennessee state game)

and how did chris long do in the heisman? well, better than suh will. he got one first place vote and finished 10th in the voting that year, losing to a quarterback that really did not deserve the heisman. it'll be the same song and dance this year just with different names. or possibly the same name the way sports media has taken a heisman stance on its knees before tim tebow.

My Question:

When will Nebraska be back in the top 10 consistently?

anymore there's virtually no difference between the 4th best team in the country and the 20th, as evidenced by today's rankings. rankings are just such a fucking joke i don't take them seriously. but if you mean when will they spend most of a year being a genuine top ten team, that could happen as soon as next year when they should walk all over the big 12 north. as far as getting it done year in and year out though, i don't know that the big 12 north is going to see a team do that the way nebraska used to get away with doing it ever again.

Edited by SEVVDOG