Sign in to follow this  
KCKCCdebate

Forensics/Congress/LD Tournament at KCKCC

KCKCC would be interested in hosting a Forensics Tournament the weekend of March 6th-7th (Congress and LD Friday night).

I am not sure what the travel schedule looks like right now in the KS and KC areas, or if that would put us on top of any other big tournaments. We dont want to hurt competition anywhere but hopefully increase chances for folks to compete.

Mar 6-7 is literally our only weekend off from Debate travel between now and the 3rd weekend in April. So that is why we thought of that weekend.

If there is sufficient interest we will put it together. We would charge the normal fees for KS tournaments and would likely offer discounts for any program providing some judging.

Please forward to forensics coaches and those on the list reading this, please let me know if interested in another opportunity to compete.

You can email me at:

chiefdebater@yahoo.com or

delliott@kckcc.edu

chief

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics

KCKCC

Might be a rough go, Chief. You're opposite both TTNFL Congress and Blue Valley, which takes more or less the entirety of the Three Trails district out of the picture. Thanks for the offer, though.

Steve,

Is there a good place to access a list of tournaments for Forensics in the area?

1st weekend in March--an NFL qualifier? I never would have guessed any would be that early.

chief

That weekend is also the Regional Mock Trial competition on Saturday. It is also the SM West and the ONW Forensics tournaments.

It is a very jam packed weekend.

• Downvote 1

Regrettably, there isn't a list of tournaments except possibly at the KSHSAA website (and their list is generall badly out of date and inaccurate by the time the season starts).

Congress and CFL qualifiers tend to run early in the season in KC due to schedule congestion in April and May.

Still cool that you're hosting the tournament and all. I just didn't want you to think that people weren't coming out of disrespect or anything like that.

• Upvote 1

google define says

Troll: An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online forum

No not trolls mostly just not funny caricatures of debaters. Not to say it was NEVER funny but rather that its gone the way of the Simpsons. Eventually you run out of material.

google define also says

Troll and trolling are slang terms used almost exclusively amongst gay men to characterize gay, bisexual and questioning or bi-curious men who cruise or “wander about looking"

This one here could be a possibility.

google define says

Troll: An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online forum

No not trolls mostly just not funny caricatures of debaters. Not to say it was NEVER funny but rather that its gone the way of the Simpsons. Eventually you run out of material.

google define also says

Troll and trolling are slang terms used almost exclusively amongst gay men to characterize gay, bisexual and questioning or bi-curious men who cruise or “wander about looking"

This one here could be a possibility.

Fail.

And I'd go to Chief's tournament over national qualifyers anyday.

Might be a rough go, Chief. You're opposite both TTNFL Congress and Blue Valley, which takes more or less the entirety of the Three Trails district out of the picture. Thanks for the offer, though.

Also, West KS NFL Congress is the 6th, Wichita CFL is the 7th.....