Elephants Forget

TFA State

I did this two years ago... I'm out of the loop, and they've made a lot of rule changes since then, but unless they've explicitly changed that, you should be able to. Don't take my word for it, though.

• Upvote 1

I did this two years ago... I'm out of the loop, and they've made a lot of rule changes since then, but unless they've explicitly changed that, you should be able to. Don't take my word for it, though.

it's a new rule i think

They've explicitly changed that.

Fuck it, I read PTC's for American Indians.

I think the Pakistani will get mad if you just give it to Indians...

• Downvote 1

i'm quite sure that the word "bond" is attempting to make a distinction with the word "fee." I'd guess that you get the money back if you provide judges.

What is this? Does every school have to come up with an extra $500 dollars, in addition to everything else?

The judging bond is a deposit that every school has to put down for their judges. Every judge that fulfills an obligation for a school gets a set number of rounds. If they miss a ballot, that $500 goes to TFA. If all of the obligated judges for a particular school fulfill all of their judging obligations and get their obligation sheets signed off, then the $500 is returned to the school at the end of the tournament on Saturday.

It exists for several reasons, two of the most important being:

1) Schools don't bail once their students are elminated, given their judges owe one round past their elimination.

2) Tournament directors have a punitive form of recourse in the instance that a school judge refuses to pick up ballots.