Sign in to follow this  
annoying khs debater

Bikes

What arguments can you and should you run on a critical bikes aff?

I like the Cap K. But if you're good at a particular K you should go for it. Some don't link that well, so ideally you should prefer something that can craft a coherent link story.

Okay..

I hit Candice and Kate all the time.

Run I run:

- T-For

- Extra T

- Cap Bad

- Give Bikes Away for Free CP

- a case turn

all of these are positions that are easily winnable against this aff. bikivism is not a word and there is no literature about it. like, seriously, google it. there will be on result, and thats from me posting the word here.

Why would you need to know this if you go to the same school as the only team who runs this in our district?

Its not inherent, the Commuter bicycle act passed, there is an incentive to ride your bike. Also, any good team should school you on cap bad so don't make that your go to argument.

you don't know this team. they don't know their own arguments, but somehow win.

anyone can beat Kamiak LW on those arguments.

And their aff is inherent - they incentivize food, not bicycles.

you don't know this team. they don't know their own arguments, but somehow win.

anyone can beat Kamiak LW on those arguments.

And their aff is inherent - they incentivize food, not bicycles.

Their solvency mechanism must be garbage and have weak solvency cards then, which is good for you. In that case they are really untopical.

Kate and Candace are the captains on my team. They dont help anyone, all they do is dig through others evidence. Also there will be 2 LW's from Kamiak at MVHS this weekend.

oh god. okay. they aren't captains of anything. maybe yelling.

and yeah, they stole some of our evidence at our last tournament.. they are ridiculous.

and yeah, their solvency cards are weak. and going for t is what i usually do.

this team is just really ridiculous though. when they're neg, they read like 9 off and they dont really know any of the arguments. and like 3 of them are spec arguments, which everyone hates. and they run "resolutionality" where you have to repeat the resolution in your plan text. and then in the block they blend 9 off into one flow and it gets so messy..

Guest fizelly27

this team is just really ridiculous though. when they're neg, they read like 9 off and they dont really know any of the arguments. and like 3 of them are spec arguments, which everyone hates. and they run "resolutionality" where you have to repeat the resolution in your plan text. and then in the block they blend 9 off into one flow and it gets so messy..

wait...you're not supposed to do this....fuck this is why i lose rounds.

• Upvote 1

Jacob, how you handle this aff should be different depending on the judge. If you want to know how to beat them in a practice round with Steve Helman judging, go for a case press and feel free to use analytics in doing so. Pair it with topicality explaining that the lit on the subject is dominated by hippie activists and isn't taken seriously by transportation experts. And remember, inherency is about whether the squo is solving the problem, not whether the squo is enacting the plan. Helman will vote neg on inherency press, if you win it.

If you see this case in a live round with a more tabs type of judge, I suggest going hard for solvency and topicality then run a DA which says they threaten the auto industry -> loss of auto industry ->complete econ meltdown -> lions, tigers and bears oh my. Frankly, that DA would probably be a good part of the Helmanized approach too. It puts them in a double bind - either plan triggers DA or it's minor repairs.

Jacob, how you handle this aff should be different depending on the judge. If you want to know how to beat them in a practice round with Steve Helman judging, go for a case press and feel free to use analytics in doing so. Pair it with topicality explaining that the lit on the subject is dominated by hippie activists and isn't taken seriously by transportation experts. And remember, inherency is about whether the squo is solving the problem, not whether the squo is enacting the plan. Helman will vote neg on inherency press, if you win it.

If you see this case in a live round with a more tabs type of judge, I suggest going hard for solvency and topicality then run a DA which says they threaten the auto industry -> loss of auto industry ->complete econ meltdown -> lions, tigers and bears oh my. Frankly, that DA would probably be a good part of the Helmanized approach too. It puts them in a double bind - either plan triggers DA or it's minor repairs.

olorb is pretty much right. they will no link any k you run and try to say the aff is the k. it might save you time just to cut this disad.

and the aff is incentivizing food for marginalized bicyclists to solve for 'bikivism.' to be honest, it's not a bad idea, it just doesn't have much good literature and it's very difficult to clarify with them what exactly the aff does in cx.

it's like solving bicycle 'racism.' but that term doesn't really apply.

yeah, arlington lost to them at UPS when they ran a solvency turn that said there are a lot of handicapped people who can't ride bikes, namely, Tia's dad who was in a car accident several years ago and is paralyzed now. both teams ended up crying because it was very personal - candice was saying tia was lying about her dad being in a car accident. and i guess candice and kate never thought about the turn. it was also kind of personal because kate uses crutches, and can't ride a bike either.

but yeah. this aff isn't topical anyways. there is no way food is alternative energy.

yeah, arlington lost to them at UPS when they ran a solvency turn that said there are a lot of handicapped people who can't ride bikes, namely, Tia's dad who was in a car accident several years ago and is paralyzed now. both teams ended up crying because it was very personal - candice was saying tia was lying about her dad being in a car accident. and i guess candice and kate never thought about the turn. it was also kind of personal because kate uses crutches, and can't ride a bike either.

I debate for arlington and after the round Tia was pissed i felt bad for her i thought it was a dick move and at the end of the debate Tia found an article online about her dad being paralyzed and threw the computer at Kate and left the room. Also i was talking to justin and he said that they cheat like motherfuckers they will sit on evidence and they wont even read the warrant of cards just the tag and a few sentences of the card.

Could you write some kind of T or DA related to the warrants not being read of cards I know you would have to catch them doing this but if you could would it be beneficial to do so also.?

if they arent reading parts of the card they highlighted, its called clipping. its actually a very common practice, albiet cheating in a way.

you'll have a hard time proving that they are clipping, because most judges dont really listen to the text of a card when teams are spreading.

however, if you can prove it, it should be written like any theory violation, and have standards/voters/etc...

it doesnt really matter what they are clipping as long as they are clipping.....

as another side note: dont actually go for this arg.

Edited by Stewie