Sign in to follow this  
Hi-dig-air

KC suburban conference

ps i will be there judging/coaching!!!! cant wait...

Am I wrong, or is there still a two year out rule at conference? I was told I couldn't judge since this is my first year out...

I know it's been nice. It was like 60 degrees today in Kirksville. But the high is supposed to be in the teens tomorrow, and I'm hearing about pretty bad snow starting on Saturday into Sunday. And the weather's almost always worse here than in Kansas City.

EDIT-----------------------------------------------

I'll not be at Conference this weekend. The weather in Kirksville looks to be pretty nasty by the end of the weekend, I don't feel like buying gas, and my car's on its way to the grave. Everyone have fun this weekend.

Edited by Dinosaurs Jumping Off Shit
Update on Plans

Just got confirmation, it is a two year out rule for KCSC sorry to disappoint...one more year folks!

I got confirmation from Hughes that I am a judge... idk I will find out tomorrow I guess. I know that rule applies to districts but I am doubtful about it being applied to conference. Plus I remember Bender being their to judge junior year I believe.

If that is the case though I will still be there coaching...

Edited by beltonpolicyguy

Conference and state have never had those rules, those are optional rules instated by each district. State does have a "qualification" requirement for judges they use if only a year out but its pretty arbitrary. There is no NFL rule that states judges have to have X years out before they can judge at the national tournament.

I only know the Big 6 conference which includes: Truman, Chrisman, Park Hill, Park Hill South, Oak Park, and Winnetonka.

CX:

1. Truman A

2. Truman C

3. Park Hill South A

4. ?

5. Park Hill A

6. Truman B

7. Oak Park A

8. Chrisman B

I do believe we were Mid 6 Fort, Belton, LSW, Ray South, Raytown?, and a big ?

Sorry I am really uninformed apparently I know top three went a little like this

1. Fort Osage A (Scott/Millhouse)

2. Lee's Summit West A

3. Fort Osage B (Gillette/Belmore)

4. Lee's Summit West C I think?

I do believe we were Mid 6 Fort, Belton, LSW, Ray South, Raytown?, and a big ?

Sorry I am really uninformed apparently I know top three went a little like this

1. Fort Osage A (Scott/Millhouse)

2. Lee's Summit West A

3. Fort Osage B (Gillette/Belmore)

4. Lee's Summit West C I think?

5. Belton B

8. Belton A

Not quite sure about 6th and 7th..

I found some of that Zizek high now UQ, in the same card it warrants Nietzsche had syph and Heidegger was a nazi. Really stunning K args.

The other conference went something like this-

1.) Blue Springs ($elck//Dollar)

2.) Liberty A ??

3.) Blue Springs South (Gilmore//Hobbs)

4.) Blue Springs South (Barham//Salazar)

5.) Liberty B ??

6.) Lees Summit (Simmons//"Always Wrong")

7.) ?

8.) ?

I believe there was a tie in there somewhere.

I found some of that Zizek high now UQ, in the same card it warrants Nietzsche had syph and Heidegger was a nazi. Really stunning K args.

The other conference went something like this-

1.) Blue Springs ($elck//Dollar)

2.) Liberty A ??

3.) Blue Springs South (Gilmore//Hobbs)

4.) Blue Springs South (Barham//Salazar)

5.) Liberty B ??

6.) Lees Summit (Simmons//"Always Wrong")

7.) ?

8.) ?

I believe there was a tie in there somewhere.

I thought you were shadow stalking on here mike? i thought of you affectionately as the cross-x ninja...apparently not anymore.

Ill continue to lurk in the cross-x shadows, only posting when it is absolutley crucial. My 5 cross-x posts dont show inexperience, rather, experience in the art of restraint. I just dont find it necessary to comment about debaters who think they can clear at Wake or about judges that no body wants.

Ill continue to lurk in the cross-x shadows, only posting when it is absolutley crucial. My 5 cross-x posts dont show inexperience, rather, experience in the art of restraint. I just dont find it necessary to comment about debaters who think they can clear at Wake or about judges that no body wants.

WHOA! ok, shadow lurker i think i speak for anyone who has ever ran a tournament in eastern jackson county in saying that anyone who has a pulse is someone you want. NOW if you can get someone out ther who knows what a flow is...that's magic. Everyone wants what judges there are, and i do so agree. So for now I hope you find it crucial to reply to this post shadow lurker. =)

No i speak of terrible debaters who assume that everyone wants them to judge for them.. Just having a pulse makes them more qualified than some of these people. And my argument didnt stem assuming the Eastern jackson county parameters.

• Downvote 1