mdawgig

list of kritiks

"Don't say poverty/lower class"?

Like that poverty (or lower class, if the aff says it in their plan or ev) is a code words for lazy, stupid, and whatever else (not my opinions! just some ideas) and that causes racism/dehum, etc, etc...

Ideas? Comments?

• Downvote 1

i think word PICs like this are stupid because unless you can prove that the Aff itself is using the term in that fashion, then they probably dont link that much. That being said, i thought the same thing about the SSA PIC from public health and that argument almost never lost.

haha i can't wait to see next year's attempts to avoid this word PIC.

SSA --> topically designated areas

poverty --> ???

I know next year will be very k heavy exspecially cap k heavy so instead of running cap k what does everyone think about a empire k with cap impacts?

see....cap k. why? are you solving for the harms of cap by gving social services to the poor?

you arent exactly enaging in a capitalist mindset..........

Nah dude. You're masking the problems of the system while barely affecting its overall structure. You make capitalism even more brutal, making it more efficient and productive, making it harder to overthrow by creating contentment with the system while others still suffer.

At least, that's something along the lines of why you'd link to the cap k, I think.

• Downvote 1

"Don't say poverty/lower class"?

Like that poverty (or lower class, if the aff says it in their plan or ev) is a code words for lazy, stupid, and whatever else (not my opinions! just some ideas) and that causes racism/dehum

Could you run a k on how our standard for poverty and lower class is non-consistent with other countries, throwing us towards an isolationist(or arrogant) mindset and killing our trade, causing war and other fun shit?

Good/Bad? I'm new at this, I'd love help. Or a beat down.

In my experience I'm not sure that's entirely true. I kind of like the Wendy Brown ID politics card, here's an excerpt:

what we have come to call identity politics is partly dependent on the demise of a critique of capitalism and of bourgeois cultural and economic values. In a reading that links the new identity claims to a certain relegitimation of capitalism, identity politics concerned with race, sexuality, and gender will appear not as a supplement to class politics, not as an expansion of Left categories of oppression and emancipation, not as an enriching complexification of progressive formulations of power and persons of which they also are-but as tethered to a formulation of justice which, ironically, reinscribes a bourgeois ideal as its measure. If it is this ideal that signifies educational and vocational opportunity, upward mobility, relative protection against arbitrary violence, and reward in proportion to effort

There is also the Herod link, which its almost like a focus tradeoff da, so I'll admit it isn't the best ID Tix card out there: but I've seen zizek evidence that has almost the same warrants as herod.

In my experience I'm not sure that's entirely true. I kind of like the Wendy Brown ID politics card, here's an excerpt:

what we have come to call identity politics is partly dependent on the demise of a critique of capitalism and of bourgeois cultural and economic values. In a reading that links the new identity claims to a certain relegitimation of capitalism, identity politics concerned with race, sexuality, and gender will appear not as a supplement to class politics, not as an expansion of Left categories of oppression and emancipation, not as an enriching complexification of progressive formulations of power and persons of which they also are-but as tethered to a formulation of justice which, ironically, reinscribes a bourgeois ideal as its measure. If it is this ideal that signifies educational and vocational opportunity, upward mobility, relative protection against arbitrary violence, and reward in proportion to effort

There is also the Herod link, which its almost like a focus tradeoff da, so I'll admit it isn't the best ID Tix card out there: but I've seen zizek evidence that has almost the same warrants as herod.

Methinks that the bolded part sounds a lot like an internal link to zizek's critique of capital as the Real.

Don't get me wrong - Brown makes some of the best 'pain as identity is bad' arguments that debaters will ever read but i think most of those warrants compliment a lacanian criticism of identity despite it's inherently Badioian (spelling?) nature.