Swartz/Godfrey

Berry/Falzone

rephrased to

Fanning/Berry

Swartz/Godfrey

Deville/Falzone

Who all is going?

Edited by upside down

Golden will be there -- but I'm not sure if we will have CX. Half of my team is home with pins and plates holding his ankle together. Ouch!

Littleton will be there with about 4 varsity teams

Merrick/Jacob

Ste. Marie/ Thomas

McCoy/Moss

Pittman/Giamonco

King/and partner (maybe)

No Dalton? Wow.

I have a church retreat that i am going on instead. i wish i could go, but the retreat came up before i knew we were going to the tournament.

• Upvote 1

Well... since no one's posted anything yet, I'll tell you all what I know, which isn't much.

George Washington Madelaine Czufin/Jamie Tran and Cheyenne East Jon Swartz/Brad Godfrey were 2-0 and debated in round three. Both teams broke to semifinals, but one was undefeated and one was 2-1.

Semifinals

Littleton Toby Jacob/Cameron Merrick versus Chey East SG

Cherry Creek Mayu Takeda/Lisa Li versus GW CT

I don't know anything more than that, but the speculation was that GW CT picked up in round three over Chey East SG, and that Chey East SG and Creek TL won their respective semifinal rounds. I wasn't able to stay to see finals posted, however.

Congratulations to all four teams, and to everyone else who competed!

Edit: For those of you who weren't able to make it out, there were a few changes at Blazing Sun this year. Firstly, the bathrooms by the cafeteria were painted bright blue and bright green, though I can't remember which was the girls' and which was the boys' (is that weird?). They tabbed by computer and postings included the names of the competitors in addition to their codes. They also allowed judges to give low point wins, which was probably a way to equalize competition for speaker awards (Blazing Sun only started a few years ago, and it's presented speaker awards since its inception).

Edited by King Max

Greg was close but not quite. Chey East picked up the semi-final round on a 3-0. Littleton was Aff.

Finals were Creek Aff and Chey East Neg. Chey East won on a 2-1. I watched both of these rounds and they were very close.

It has been quite some time (couple of years) since I have watched high school debate and I was extremely impressed with the quality of debate I saw in Colorado yesterday!

congrats to all those in semi-finals. congrats to chey east and creek for being in finals.

i heared toby got third.

So besides creek, GW, Chey east and Littleton. who all showed up?

Takeda/Li, Rackley/lil Ribovich, and some more.

If by "and some more," you mean "no one else," that would be correct.